Christians of T-Nation

[quote]Petermus wrote:
lol, im Christian

personally I find many people who mock religion are uncomfortable with how they have live their life so…

[/quote]

So…what? Really? B/c I would think most ppl who mock religion could care less about how they live their life.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
TheOlympian wrote:
Now i’m agnostic, does that count?

No. Not at all.

That’s right. Submit to Christ or pay the fucking consequences! [/quote]

Exactly.

[quote]IronWarrior24 wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
TheOlympian wrote:

No. Not at all.

That’s right. Submit to Christ or pay the fucking consequences!

Exactly.[/quote]

No wonder Christianity is so mocked, really.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Petermus wrote:
lol, im Christian

personally I find many people who mock religion are uncomfortable with how they have live their life so…

So…what? Really? B/c I would think most ppl who mock religion could care less about how they live their life.[/quote]

I think he means that they mock religion because the religion has strict ideologies against their way of life. Kind of like a fox and sour grapes type of thing. They figure that they can’t be a part of the religion due to their ways, so they reject it in return.

I have no problems with christians or any other religions for that matter as long as they don’t preach to me. They can believe what they want to believe.

[quote]strungoutboy21 wrote:
I have no problems with christians or any other religions for that matter as long as they don’t preach to me. They can believe what they want to believe.[/quote]

Well that’s no fun. Personally, I am annoyed by anyone with a disdain for the truth, as most religionists seem to have. That may be stupid, but goddamit it’s the spice of life! :slight_smile:

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
TheOlympian wrote:

No. Not at all.

Exactly.

No wonder Christianity is so mocked, really.[/quote]

I was actually being semi-sarcastic when I replied to you the first time. I still stand by my statement that Agnostics aren’t Christians though.

beebuddy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
beebuddy wrote:
IronWarrior24 wrote:
TheOlympian wrote:

No. Not at all.

Exactly.

No wonder Christianity is so mocked, really.

I was actually being semi-sarcastic when I replied to you the first time. I still stand by my statement that Agnostics aren’t Christians though.[/quote]

That’s a relief. I actually know plenty of people (evangelicals) that have no problem telling me I’m going to hell. They annoys the shit out of me.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
TheOlympian wrote:
I’m in a funny place. I use to be a christian. Now i’m agnostic, does that count?

Paging RSG, RSG to the infirmary please…[/quote]

Wha’?

As an agnostic, i’m pretty open to the possibility of the god who I grew up to learn about, is the one running ‘the show’, I juz have several questions, that seem to be consistently un answered.

Himora22 wrote:
Petermus wrote:
lol, im Christian

So…what? Really? B/c I would think most ppl who mock religion could care less about how they live their life.

I think he means that they mock religion because the religion has strict ideologies against their way of life. Kind of like a fox and sour grapes type of thing. They figure that they can’t be a part of the religion due to their ways, so they reject it in return.[/quote]

Meh, I guess it could apply to some ppl but I wouldnt say many or most, especially when you hear one religion mock another like LDS, Catholics, Scientologists(ya they are fucking fruit loops but they believe that shit) and what have you.

And isnt it a churches(or what ever you call your place of worship) and it members job to try and bring ppl together instead of shunning ppl or gossiping about its own?

I work in hotels and we had a group of young Christians in this week. Two of them got into a fight right in the middle of the lobby yesterday. I had to pull them apart and sculled them like two little dogs. Not a very Godly thing to do.

jusrockinout,

I was christian, now I’m a practicing atheist for almost 20 years.

There are many christians here, of all denominations; we also have Hindus, Muslims and of course a good number of Pastafarians.

I’ve had many discussions with them - mostly in the politics forum - which is my temple. :wink:

It sometimes gets quite heated, which is why people start making popcorn and sit back to watch the flame-war unfold whenever religion is brought up.

Welcome to T-Nation. If your body is your temple, you’re in the right place.

Makkun

scientology has ab-sol-ute-ly nothing to do with science…IMO anyway!

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
P
I mock religion because it makes no sense what so ever.

[/quote]

You do realize that you can’t make that statement without having first intensively studied every major religion under the sun from legitimate sources, right?

I am a christian. I am not religious per se, as I think all of the modern religions are the Laodicean Church talked about in Revelation.

I believe in the Triune God. I believe that Jesus was the only sinless son of God and that he was crucified, buried and rose again on the third day.

I believe it is God, not man, who speaks to the hearts of those who wish to listen, and the notion of man forcing one to a conversion should be punishable by death.

I believe God wants a relationship with us. I don’t think He is nearly into fire and brimstone as certain denominations wished he was.

The fearful and the weak will make fun of that ad nauseum. I have made it a habit in my life not to listen to weak or fearful people. They are weak and fearful for a reason.

There are, however, several members like Makkum who are athiests, or agnostics who are respectful of those who are believers.

You might have noticed the weak and the fearful salivating to get a chance to make fun of Christianity, or the idiots who follow it. That’s fine by me. Let them rant. I choose not to cast pearls before swine, so I rarely engage them when they grab their torches and form a mob.

And that is way out of character for me.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I am a christian. I am not religious per se, as I think all of the modern religions are the Laodicean Church talked about in Revelation.

[…]And that is way out of character for me.[/quote]

If you allow it, I may want to print out and frame that post. :wink:

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:
rainjack wrote:

[…]And that is way out of character for me.

If you allow it, I may want to print out and frame that post. :wink:

Makkun[/quote]

I don’t know whether to take that as a compliment, or to try and figure out your angle.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I believe in the Triune God. I believe that Jesus was the only sinless son of God and that he was crucified, buried and rose again on the third day.

I believe it is God, not man, who speaks to the hearts of those who wish to listen, and the notion of man forcing one to a conversion should be punishable by death.

I believe God wants a relationship with us. I don’t think He is nearly into fire and brimstone as certain denominations wished he was.

The fearful and the weak will make fun of that ad nauseum. I have made it a habit in my life not to listen to weak or fearful people. They are weak and fearful for a reason.

There are, however, several members like Makkum who are athiests, or agnostics who are respectful of those who are believers.

You might have noticed the weak and the fearful salivating to get a chance to make fun of Christianity, or the idiots who follow it. That’s fine by me. Let them rant. I choose not to cast pearls before swine, so I rarely engage them when they grab their torches and form a mob.

Echoed.

That’s right. I agree with the above.

[/quote]

Me three.

This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts.

[quote]rainjack wrote:

[/quote]

That is a very good post RJ, might be the singel best post I have ever read. I would very much like to shake your hand right now. I dont think anyone could have said it better.