Christian Thibaudeau's Marriage

CT has mentioned his personal life/marriage/ex on a number of occasions, i would imagine some well wishes are certainly well within boundaries.

I also think some people love playing the high horse role.

First and foremost we need to do what any good male friends should do in this situation, and that’s try like hell to talk him out of it. :wink:

[quote]lizard king wrote:

My hobbies are fast cars and fast women, that’s why the guys in my car club call me “The Cruiser.”

[/quote]

Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it’s usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it’s not just the uniform. It’s the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
CT has mentioned his personal life/marriage/ex on a number of occasions, i would imagine some well wishes are certainly well within boundaries.

I also think some people love playing the high horse role.[/quote]

agreed, I thought it was a weird thread at first too, but he has aired his laundry on here before

If you happen across this thread, best wishes for you and the future wifey CT!

[quote]sen say wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
I just want to party.

Analog Kid, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.
[/quote]

Now you’re talking.

[quote]rsg wrote:
BostonBarrister wrote:
Buy his latest book - and maybe one of his others that you may have missed. A win/win, irrespective of whether he’s getting married…

Agree.

That and some well-wishes should be more than enough.[/quote]

That would be my way of “giving something back” as well. His wedding is personal. You can congratulate, whatever, but if you really want to give something back, buy his books, pay him to write a routine for you or book some phone counseling sessions, if he does them.

I think he will be happier if his contributions to the site get him some new clients rather than a wedding gift from people he doesn’t know.

My guess would be Mr. Thibaudeau has as many clients as he wants, whenever he wants, lol.

There is nothing inappropriate or ghey/gay about this thread or the suggestion of a wedding gift. If the subject was too personal CT would not have mentioned it which he has many many times.

Coach CT absolutely goes above and beyond here on a daily basis. It’s only natural that some would want to go above and beyond for him in return. Since he (CT) lives, eats and breathes this stuff and it’s not just his work it’s his life, hobby, etc. it seems like the suggestion to buy his books is the best way to “give back” to him. I also suspect, that for CT, peoples well wishes will suffice in terms of the wedding.

However, I can’t help thinking it would have been cool for Biotest to do something special for him and perhaps give us a chance to contribute or simply do it on our (all the people he has helped here above and beyond the call of duty) behalf. The guy has got to have been directly responsible for an increase in sales (especially HOT-ROX and Flameout) since he became a regular contributor and “in house” coach. He certainly keeps a lot of people here participating in the forum(s).

Maybe they are planning to? Maybe Tim Patterson or TC will read this if I include their names : )

Just my 2 cents.

i agree, buy one of his books and send some positive vibes his way, anything else would be weird for a guy ive never met in person.

Guys do you believe Christian is here for free? He get paid for doing it! Or at least he makes money writing articles for T-Nation. T-Nation is also a very good medium to advertise oneself and there’s nothing wrong with that! That’s his job! He isn’t some mother Teresa or something sacrificing is own time and life for you! Business is business!

Thibs sent me some candlesticks when She Say and I renewed our vows. I wrote about the vow renewal in my blog and sure enough, 2 days later a Fedex arrived with some beautiful dumbbell shaped faux-silver candlesticks. I’m welling up just thinking about it.

[quote]Franck wrote:
Guys do you believe Christian is here for free? He get paid for doing it! Or at least he makes money writing articles for T-Nation. T-Nation is also a very good medium to advertise oneself and there’s nothing wrong with that! That’s his job! He isn’t some mother Teresa or something sacrificing is own time and life for you! Business is business! [/quote]

Exactly. While it’s a lovely gesture that people want to get him something, I find it a little odd. He can’t spend all this time on this forum and not be compensated. This is part of what he does for a living. Do people serving french fries at McDonalds get gifts from customers when they get married?

What the thread SHOUDLN’T turn into is why CT doesn’t deserve well wishes, so why don’t you guys arguing against it just STFU?

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
What the thread SHOUDLN’T turn into is why CT doesn’t deserve well wishes, so why don’t you guys arguing against it just STFU?[/quote]

Who argued against giving well wishes? I think some of us don’t understand the idea behind a GIFT to a paid contributor.

I don’t see anyone bashing CT or his wedding. If this was such a sensitive subject, perhaps people should be sending PM’s as opposed to leaving discussion in an open forum.

Why not just wish him the best and leave it at that.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
What the thread SHOUDLN’T turn into is why CT doesn’t deserve well wishes, so why don’t you guys arguing against it just STFU?[/quote]

Good point. CT, if you read this, you are awesome.

"Alright, let me be the first to say congratulations to you then. You get one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart Frank. Way to work it through…

coughDONTDOITcough

Sorry, had something in my throat."

[quote]jdrannin1 wrote:
Franck wrote:
Guys do you believe Christian is here for free? He get paid for doing it! Or at least he makes money writing articles for T-Nation. T-Nation is also a very good medium to advertise oneself and there’s nothing wrong with that! That’s his job! He isn’t some mother Teresa or something sacrificing is own time and life for you! Business is business!

Exactly. While it’s a lovely gesture that people want to get him something, I find it a little odd. He can’t spend all this time on this forum and not be compensated. This is part of what he does for a living. Do people serving french fries at McDonalds get gifts from customers when they get married?[/quote]

1. None of us has any idea how much he’s “compensated” for posting.

2. Pretty funny comparing him to someone serving fries.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
2. Pretty funny comparing him to someone serving fries.[/quote]

Yeah…funny and sad.

I have a guitar teacher. I pay him to teach me the guitar. When he got married I got him a gift. Nothing major, but I wanted to recognize that even though we have a professional relationship, I like the guy.

My kids have school teachers that get paid to teach them. At the end of the year I give each of them a gift card to a book store. It’s a way of saying, hey, I know you’re a paid professional, but I wanted to say thank you for doing what you do.

I ‘know’ this guy online that has helped me a lot whether he knows it or not and hey…maybe he’s making a buck off it, but…I like the guy and think he’s a good fellah and eveyone bitching about the idea of trying to do something for him is (imo) trying to look smart by being contradictory and pointing out (the obvious) that he gets paid.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Natural Nate wrote:
2. Pretty funny comparing him to someone serving fries.

Yeah…funny and sad.

I have a guitar teacher. I pay him to teach me the guitar. When he got married I got him a gift. Nothing major, but I wanted to recognize that even though we have a professional relationship, I like the guy.

My kids have school teachers that get paid to teach them. At the end of the year I give each of them a gift card to a book store. It’s a way of saying, hey, I know you’re a paid professional, but I wanted to say thank you for doing what you do.

I ‘know’ this guy online that has helped me a lot whether he knows it or not and hey…maybe he’s making a buck off it, but…I like the guy and think he’s a good fellah and eveyone bitching about the idea of trying to do something for him is (imo) trying to look smart by being contradictory and pointing out (the obvious) that he gets paid.[/quote]

Yup.

So where’s Christian registered anyway? Rainbow Depot?