T Nation

Christian Thibaudeau's Marriage

Isn’t Thib’s getting married around this time (he mentioned
it in one of his posts)? It would be nice if we could send him a wedding gift, given how much he’s given of himself here. (How could we organize that…any ideas?) All the people here are great, but he seems to really go above and beyond the call of duty in answering people’s questions.

That’s a nice idea. I have no idea how to go about actually organizing it, though.

We should have a big ass bachelor party!

For some reason, I see the proper gifts being the world’s largest containers of fish oil and BCAAs.

so do you folks think he would be comfy with a thread about his personal life/marriage?

I’m not a guy so I don’t know

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

so do you folks think he would be comfy with a thread about his personal life/marriage?

I’m not a guy so I don’t know[/quote]

Well, I thought it was weird just looking at the title. But then I opened it. It’s not getting weirdly personal. Just a nice thread about pooling together some cash to get a gift. so, it’s not weird.

I just want to party.

My supermarket has great butchers but I’m not gonna get one of them a wedding gift, you know? How is Thibs any different? If I were him well-wishes would be enough, let the family and personal friends get gifts.

I’m not on the mans dick or anything, but he’s all over posts addressed to him. He does go above and beyond. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to do something nice for the man.

I say give him cash, newlyweds have many bills to pay.

I have a feeling no ones going to do anything sadly :frowning:

[quote]Mr.Gone wrote:
I’m not on the mans dick or anything, but he’s all over posts addressed to him. He does go above and beyond. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to do something nice for the man.

I say give him cash, newlyweds have many bills to pay. [/quote]

I agree that CT posts more in the “regular” threads not just the ones about his articles than any other contributor to the site that I can think of. That’s a lot of free time that he gives (yes the site pays him back in exposure).

On the other hand, maybe he wants his private life private so I’m not sure how he’d feel about a big tribal T-Nation red and black wedding cake crashing the day. Personally I think that would be badass though.

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
My supermarket has great butchers but I’m not gonna get one of them a wedding gift, you know? How is Thibs any different? If I were him well-wishes would be enough, let the family and personal friends get gifts.[/quote]

Because Thib has gone above and beyond. Beyond pretty much any other contributor with his attentiveness and really beyond what he is probably expected to devote around here. And he’s had a hell of a lot more impact on my physique than my butcher. I feel I owe him on some level more than just the contribution my supplement purchases make towards his salary.

[quote]Gene_lasker wrote:
I have a feeling no ones going to do anything sadly :([/quote]

Probably not. Because there doesn’t seem to be a real practical way of doing it. It would be best if orchestrated by Biotest and they devised a way people could contribute. Maybe tack a bit extra on supplement orders for willing participants, and they’d relay the surplus to Thibs.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I just want to party. [/quote]

Party with your friends…

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

Analog Kid, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

Yeah. I’ve got the band, and I can carry in my own damn keg.

Buy his latest book - and maybe one of his others that you may have missed. A win/win, irrespective of whether he’s getting married…

[quote]DickBag wrote:
no.

its none of our bussiness. and even if it is, i personally couldnt give two vaginas if its his wedding/birthday/gold fish’s funeral.

its stuff like this thread that makes this site ghey

no offense OP.

i know im rude. but sometimes its ok to say whats on my mind. i dont do it often
[/quote]

You may be rude but you’re also absolutely right. Buying a wedding gift for someone you’ve never even met is really fucking gay. Hell, weddings are already gay enough all by themselves (if you’re the one getting married, that is).

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Buy his latest book - and maybe one of his others that you may have missed. A win/win, irrespective of whether he’s getting married…[/quote]

Agree.

That and some well-wishes should be more than enough.

[quote]sen say wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
I just want to party.

Analog Kid, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it.
[/quote]

My hobbies are fast cars and fast women, that’s why the guys in my car club call me “The Cruiser.”