T Nation

Christian the Lion

This will make grown men cry.

Try it.

I was hoping beyond hope that it would attack them and the music would switch to heavy metal.

Nice try, but the dad who pushes his disabled son through marathons is the only thing that gets a bit of sand in my eye.

ah fuck i thought the lion would bite their fucking heads off.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
I was hoping beyond hope that it would attack them and the music would switch to heavy metal.

Nice try, but the dad who pushes his disabled son through marathons is the only thing that gets a bit of sand in my eye.[/quote]

Actually that commercial with Morgan Freeman about the olympics almost made me tear up. I got that choked up feeling and had a single tear form in the outer corner of my eye.

Where the guys pulls his hamstring something awful in the 400m and is limping, and his father who is a mechanic breaks through the crowd and security, runs out onto the track and supports him all the way to the finish.

I actually saw the full footage before, his dad moves like a bullet for a fat guy, and he barrels over people, there was no stopping him.

Some chicks I was watching the olympics with made fun of me for it. But screw them it gets me almost every time.

they should have bought a bigger house and kept the lion

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:

Nice try, but the dad who pushes his disabled son through marathons is the only thing that gets a bit of sand in my eye.[/quote]

Yea I watched that too but it had no effect.

I love animals, so I’ll admit that got me a bit.

Nice clip.

Snuggling lions looks like a good workout.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:

Yep. That one does it for me too. I have watched those videos many many times and still… waterworks.

I thought it was going to be a video of something wincingly painful.

But it was the lion reunion video! I saw that clip on TV and must admit I got a lump in my throat. Touching.

Pretty amazing.

Awwww I’m such a suck but that was incredible.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
Snuggling lions looks like a good workout.[/quote]

lol

Very touching, but not quite enough to make me cry.

I was waiting for the lion to eat the tour guide after the snugglefest with his old family.

They are actually going to be making a movie based on this now.

[quote]Westclock wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

Nice try, but the dad who pushes his disabled son through marathons is the only thing that gets a bit of sand in my eye.

Actually that commercial with Morgan Freeman about the olympics almost made me tear up. I got that choked up feeling and had a single tear form in the outer corner of my eye.

Where the guys pulls his hamstring something awful in the 400m and is limping, and his father who is a mechanic breaks through the crowd and security, runs out onto the track and supports him all the way to the finish.

I actually saw the full footage before, his dad moves like a bullet for a fat guy, and he barrels over people, there was no stopping him.

Some chicks I was watching the olympics with made fun of me for it. But screw them it gets me almost every time.
[/quote]

Well, watching that was a total waterworks.

Here’s a longer (purportedly complete version.)

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
Westclock wrote:
LiftSmart wrote:

Well, watching that was a total waterworks.

Here’s a longer (purportedly complete version.)

[/quote]

Yeah the crowd goes wild too, they didnt even seem to care about who won.

aww hes just a big kitty cat =)

I have to admit I’m kinda of a softy with stuff like this and it did get me (a little)