Christian Terrorists

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I do however think that Islam is different in it’s present practices. Don’t several of the major schools of Islam preach violence? Do the others move to eradicate the violence from their own religion by all reasonable means?
[/quote]

Islam got Fucked post WWI and then worse post WWII. The cultural centers of Islam used to be further west: Cairo, Damascus, exe. They were far more liberal and modern back in the 1930s than they are now.

After the Turks got kicked out of Arabia (as it was known), the very conservative/backwards Wahhabi-sand-dwellers got rich. Since then, they’ve basically, culturally, taken over the Islamic world through money, and dominating media markets from Morocco to Indonesia, spreading their version of Islam, and effectively censoring the more moderate, modern versions that used to be prevalent in the Mediterranean.

Unless you were chilling on a Arab princes tent in the middle of Arabia, 100 years ago, you would have encountered a much more modern, and moderate Islam.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
Spot on. Weren’t some people in another thread justifying violence by referring to “an eye for an eye” in the Bible? Does that mean that Christianity is an inherently violent religion? Of course not. Shit. People reveal their ignorance in more and more unwittingly blatant ways everyday on this forum…[/quote]

Absolutely they were. And there were people justifying violence as well against the government- which is exactly what these nutjobs were going to do.

All religions get violent when their power is threatened, like anything else. And the people that blindly follow them are the sheep that strap the bombs to themselves- don’t matter whether they wearing a cross or a turban or whatever else.

I love this attitude of, “Well, Christianity is different” that pervades this shithole. [/quote]

I kind of agree with both you and trib. I agree that if you get down to nuts and bolt of religious text, most aren’t all that different. I also don’t think anyone here is studied enough on all the different religious documents to make an unbiased thorough comparison.

Let me preface this by saying that I’m not arguing for or against any religion. I’m not saying any major religion has it right or wrong.

I do however think that Islam is different in it’s present practices. Don’t several of the major schools of Islam preach violence? Do the others move to eradicate the violence from their own religion by all reasonable means?

Other religions have been more outgoing at removing barbarism. Hell, even sects like Mormonism stamped out polygamy in their ranks by every means possible. (legally separated, condemned the practice, kicked out people who did it, sued over polygamous churches using the Mormon name, eventually change their name, ect.) Pretty much all religions have done horrible things, and even have barbaric teachings in their scripture. However, I don’t fault present day ones who do all in their power to end such practices.

Am I wrong to think Islam hasn’t done this?[/quote]

I see your point, and halfway agree with it.

But no, I don’t know of one religion that really went out of its way to stop barbarism.

Where was the Pope and the priests when the IRA was bombing Protestants? Or during the Troubles as a whole?

Where are the heads of Judaism who are encouraging the IDF to not slay civilians in Palestine, or that are comfortable with a compromise on those issues?

It just doesn’t happen. [/quote]

Good points. I was also thinking about black liberation theology, or neo-nazis, or the kkk that still claim Christianity on continental us soil.

[quote]haas wrote:

Group arrested not Christian or militia, insider says[/quote]

So a Christian milita is trying to distance themselves from this Christian militia by saying that they’re neither “Christian” nor “militia,” even though their activities and statements clearly identify them as a Christian militia?

Ahh, it all makes sense now. [/quote]

Rosie, you are on the ball today. Your ability to combine nut jobs and Christians take on a great form of intellect. The Bible teaches Separation of Church and State. When you combine the Heads of Both into one person that is when you get wars. Once you try and take the power away from the leader they are the ones that start the war. The leader changes it to this is against “insert Religion”, instead of they are trying to take my power.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Good points. I was also thinking about black liberation theology, or neo-nazis, or the kkk that still claim Christianity on continental us soil.[/quote]

Right. All of them are true… and when the KKK was in it’s real “Golden Age” back in the 20s, there was no one that spoke against them. Certainly not any religious groups.

I don’t particularly like organized religion, but I don’t dislike one any more than another. I think all of them are very, very dangerous, and I think that people’s attempts at making Christianity seem like it’s a shining light in the dark world are laughable.

That was my reason for starting this thread - it was conviantly overlooked by teh Blowjob Barn, and if it had been black muslims, it would have been posted IMMEDIATELY.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Good points. I was also thinking about black liberation theology, or neo-nazis, or the kkk that still claim Christianity on continental us soil.[/quote]

Right. All of them are true… and when the KKK was in it’s real “Golden Age” back in the 20s, there was no one that spoke against them. Certainly not any religious groups.

I don’t particularly like organized religion, but I don’t dislike one any more than another. I think all of them are very, very dangerous, and I think that people’s attempts at making Christianity seem like it’s a shining light in the dark world are laughable.

That was my reason for starting this thread - it was conviantly overlooked by teh Blowjob Barn, and if it had been black muslims, it would have been posted IMMEDIATELY.[/quote]

Then perhaps sometimes the brush you use is a little too broad for the subject matter.

I’ve only started 2 threads in my entire time on T-Nation, but I would like to point out that when some big news story gets out there that seems to favor a particular side (either way) there are almost always multiple threads here in PWI. I would say neither side posts threads about the stories that contradict them, there just happen to be more right wingers here. You can’t fault them for that. I’m willing to bet that you are right up there at the top of the list for posting stories for your side and omitting ones against it.

…Rosie…

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

That was my reason for starting this thread - it was conviantly overlooked by teh Blowjob Barn, and if it had been black muslims, it would have been posted IMMEDIATELY.[/quote]
You really are a blast. I’ll keep prayin for ya buddy.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

You really are a blast. I’ll keep prayin for ya buddy. [/quote]

Yeah, I still for the most part believe that if the violent christian sects posed any significant physical threat they would be moved against. How many people has the kkk killed recently?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

Save your breath.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
I’ve only started 2 threads in my entire time on T-Nation, but I would like to point out that when some big news story gets out there that seems to favor a particular side (either way) there are almost always multiple threads here in PWI. I would say neither side posts threads about the stories that contradict them, there just happen to be more right wingers here. You can’t fault them for that. I’m willing to bet that you are right up there at the top of the list for posting stories for your side and omitting ones against it.
[/quote]

Well, I don’t post threads that say, “The Black muslim BHO hates America, here’s why” so if you’d like to call that omitting, then I guess you’re right.

But I’ve been here for a longggggg time, and I knew this wouldn’t get attention. It’s why I pointed it out.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
<<< Yeah, I still for the most part believe that if the violent christian sects posed any significant physical threat they would be moved against. How many people has the kkk killed recently?[/quote]
The point is the Christian religion does not and never has taught evangelism by force or coerced societal conversion and in fact everywhere, even in the Old Testament, declares such as an impossibility.

It allows for just war, but not declared by the church. It allows for self defense and defense of one’s family when not in the face of persecution for the “Son of man’s” sake. It allows for capital punishment, but also not meted out by the church. It teaches comprehensive obedience to even pagan unjust governments except where disobedience to God is made a requirement. It even teaches that the church and the state are in fact separate entities.

Any attempt to label as Christian a group that advocates terrorism as a means of enforcing or spreading their beliefs lacks even the most rudimentary understanding of the Christian Gospel. Always go back to the source. That is where the definitions are found, in religion especially, but even in politics. We argue all day about what this or that clause in the constitution means when the writings of those who were there are available to in most cases make it much clearer than an appeal to ever contorting case law.

Hey Irish…just to take your logic and use it the same way…Obama supporters are all criminals and trash, my evidence is here among these mugshots. These people did not only plan something, they carried it out and got arrested. Obama “cults” or followers must have a propensity for violence…right?

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Hey Irish…just to take your logic and use it the same way…Obama supporters are all criminals and trash, my evidence is here among these mugshots. These people did not only plan something, they carried it out and got arrested. Obama “cults” or followers must have a propensity for violence…right?[/quote]

Please. That’s not using logic- that’s a red herring that has nothing to do with this.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Hey Irish…just to take your logic and use it the same way…Obama supporters are all criminals and trash, my evidence is here among these mugshots. These people did not only plan something, they carried it out and got arrested. Obama “cults” or followers must have a propensity for violence…right?[/quote]

Rockscar,

Irish has changed his name to Rosie. Coined by Double Duce.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Please. That’s not using logic- that’s a red herring that has nothing to do with this. [/quote]

LOL…well…I mean geez, I’m so surprised there isn’t a thread about how most criminals are Obama supporters because you progressives are so busy jerking each other off to Healthcare, Amnesty, IRS expansion and entiltlement programs.

It’s hard for me to understand your complete and utter distain for anyone who believes in God. Did you know you are in a small minority? Every group has fringe elements as I displayed in my previous post.

Your advanced dissatisfaction with Christians or religion is pretty insecure to say the least. I don’t get how you guys just think that you are so enlightened and above board that you need to bash peoples religion, and God. These God Given rights and values were and ARE a key component to the US Constitution, which you many like you would probably mistake for a piece of toilet paper.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

Rockscar,

Irish has changed his name to Rosie. Coined by Double Duce.[/quote]

That’s going to be funny as hell if that sticks.

[quote]Rosie O’Donnell wrote:

So a Christian milita is trying to distance themselves from this Christian militia by saying that they’re neither “Christian” nor “militia,” even though their activities and statements clearly identify them as a Christian militia?

Ahh, it all makes sense now. [/quote]

Compared to…

[quote]Rosie O’Donnell wrote:
Replace a couple words here and there and I think I’ve heard this argument before… and you folks never accept it when a Muslim says it…[/quote]

I’m confused.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

Save your breath.[/quote]
For what? That’s what prayer is for my friend. That’s some Christian terrorism there. Stormin the gates of hell covered in the full armor of God petitioning the father on behalf of a hard heart? I can see the sneer on Bill Maher’s face as I type this. How disgustingly ignorant and anti intellectual huh?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:

Save your breath.[/quote]
For what? That’s what prayer is for my friend. That’s some Christian terrorism there. Stormin the gates of hell covered in the full armor of God petitioning the father on behalf of a hard heart? I can see the sneer on Bill Maher’s face as I type this. How disgustingly ignorant and anti intellectual huh?[/quote]

Tiribulus, I am with you all the way. Rosie, needs all the prayer he can get.

…it saddens me; humanity…