Christian T-man..

Sniper99;
What does ‘petting’ entail? Mutual masterbation? Playing with her breasts? ‘titty fucking’?
I think that you can have fun without sex. Handjobs, etc. - is that allowed? God never said no handjobs… Did he?
It seems like a good idea to skip caryrying the condom because it’s too much of a temptation. Just give each other handjobs - it’s fun, and not sex, and very safe.
If you carry around the condom, it’s like the crack addict carrying around a pipe “just in case.”

Dear Sniper99,

I have to ask you why you need something that will make it easier to go against your stated convictions regarding sex and marriage.

As a married Christian man, I can personally attest to the fact that you will one day regret every sinful indulgence when you meet your wife. Being married provides a whole new perspective, and how I wish I understood that years ago.

Finally, why do unmarried people carry condoms? So that they can have sex outside of wedlock and “get away with it” - that is, avoid pregnancy or STD’s. Yet a condom cannot protect you from emotionally damaging another woman, or degrading her by having immoral sex. It cannot protect you from the pain you will cause your future wife, who might lose respect for you.

Don’t give yourself an excuse to sin. Simply make up your mind, now, that you will wait for God’s covenant of marriage. Don’t carry a condom. It could be a poor witness to an unbeliever, and it will only give you an excuse to go against God’s plan for sex.

That’s my take. God bless.

Dear Sniper99,

If you are in love with a woman, marry her, and plan to spend the rest of your life with her, and she feels the same, I promise that you that you will have no issues with “sexual compatibility.” The idea that sex might be “disappointing” with the mother of your children is not the case - modern culture would like us to believe it. Don’t buy it.

God bless.

Thanks mikeh, your words are encouraging. And to those who have just started posting on this thread, somewhere buried in the many replies is my statement that I have decided NOT to carry the condom, mostly for the very reasons mentioned by several of the posters here.

As for what petting entails - by limited, I mean very limited - a bit of feeling, etc. NOT “titty sex” or “handjobs” both of which are in my mind clearly a form of sex. I do not subscribe to the “anything but intercourse camp,” not even close. For the record, I believe masturbation is ok, because it is not an actual sexual act. Receiving a handjob / mutual masturbation / “titty sex” / BJs / any other mutual activity most certainly is.

“I believe masturbation is ok, because it is not an actual sexual act”

an orgasm is an orgasm is an orgasm, no matter if its done by you, a female, a hole in the wall, etc. its stupid for people to discriminate against some types of orgasms when, at least in my understanding, they’re all frowned upon by god/church/whatever unless its in wedlock. moral arguments aside, whats to make one more acceptable than the other since they all have the same ending?

I second Scrub on everything he posted so far.

Real-life common sense before unexamined faith, always, too.

Sniper,
Obviously you have exceptional will power but keep the condom in your wallet for “just in case” reasons. This may help to rationalize it :http://62.189.42.125/12stisofchristmas/12-stis.swf

Check this out and then decide if it’s worth keeping a condom with you.

My faith is far from unexamined. Rather, I would submit to those of you who do not believe that your atheism is unexamined. Have you read the bible and spoken to someone knowlegable about religion, or have you simply written it off because it doesn’t allow you to do what you want whenever you want? Written it off without truly examining it because it is “inconveneient?”

I don’t mean this post to be a flame, but when someone calls my faith “unexamined” I feel the need to point it out. God does not call us to “blind” faith. I’m a 22 year old man, a guy who has as much if not more sex drive than any of the other t-men on here. Do you honestly think I would have made God and Christianity a number 1 priority in my life blindly? No, I make it a priority because I truly believe, because much of the evidence supports my belief, because I’ve been to church, read much of the bible, and spoken at length to Christian friends, all of which reaffirms my faith. Trust me, there is nothing “unexamined” about it.

SNIPER99: . You seem to have done far more homework than the average Joe. Good for you.

You seem to be the exception, not the norm.

Start Hijack

Pardon me for being cynic, but in my experience, religion for most people is a ‘feel good do nothing’ idea.

Proof of the pudding: When times get hard, principles are the first thing to goes out the window.

Faith without strength is worthless.

Kudos to you if you have it when thy faith will be challenged. Tons don’t. It has nothing to do with religion by itself, it’s just…people, being what they are, with what they have. Bell-curve stuff.

And strength, in my humble opinion, follows bell curve distribution, like any other human trait (the classic ‘some do have it, some don’t have it, some do have it much more than others and some have it less than others’ distribution – and hence why I do not believe in equality – the playfield is not even level at start.)

• End hijack *

Thanks for the added clarification!

Sniper:

As an atheist…

I have read the bible completely through 6 times (twice with the known apocrypha intact). That’s cover to cover without stopping (except to eat, daily activities, etc.). That does not include referential reading. I have also done extensive research on biblical history. I have a mild obession with Ancient history and mythology. That has driven me to read many historical and religious texts. Thus I familiar with Norse, Celtic, Germanic, Greco-Roman, Native American, and some Asian mythologies. I have also read the Qu’ran, twice. Thus I would argue that the average Christian hasn’t read as diligently as I have.

I don’t want to start a flame-war. I just wanted to note that a great many atheists are more informed about religion than Christians would like to believe. Oklahoma, a stalwart bastion of protestant culture, is home to a great many Christians who are poorly read on the subject and are Christian simply due to the prevailing opinion.

I submit that your prejudice on the part of atheists is misplaced and instead should be directed at all of those who make decisions in an ill-informed manner.

Quan2M - I wasn’t trying to make entirely general statements. Im sure there are other atheists like yourself, but there are also plenty who refuse religion simply because its inconvenient and they want to do whatever they please.

Dan C - thanks for the response. The people you mention are in my mind not really Christians - they are “pseudo-Christians” created by circumstance. They give a bad name to actual Christians and make all of us look hypocritical.

The gospel is foolishness to those that are perishing

Loose quote, I can’t remember where. It means that no matter how well read or intelligent you are, the gospel won’t make sense if you refuse to believe.

If you seek God with your whole heart you will understand it.

Billy

Amen, BillyBob.

With a name like Sniper, I can’t help but to think of some crazy mofo like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction who recites biblical passages before blowing someone’s brains out. Sorry, I live in Columbus and the sniper craze has finally gotten to me. Anyway, I have a lot of respect for the Christians like yourself who really do practice what they preach.

MD: for example, if you get drunk and take a girl home from a party and fuck chances are shes just a slutty girl and thats it.

Best explanation/answer, final nail in the coffin for that debate came from a girl I know.

Easy girl, easy guy.
(Or: Easy girl = Easy guy.)

Simple as that!

(Sure, somebody will dish out the I am not like that. Maybe. It`s not like the exception is going to change the rule…)