T Nation

Christian Or Christ-Follower?

I found these videos had a decent message. I just wanted to see what T-Nation’s christians have to say about this idea.

These are videos based of the “Mac vs PC” Apple commercials.

http://www.thinkchristian.net/?p=960

Check it and comment.

Personally, I know some people that are “Christ-followers” and their own personal philosophy is right up in line with mine. Our only difference seem to be the beliefe in divinity.

The overall message seems to be:

Christians follow dogma, Christ-followers followe Jesus’s true message. (Obviously, this is a broad generalization, and in no way do I mean to apply that ALL Christians follow the dogma rigidly, or ignore Jesus’s teachings).

But Beowolf, I thought you were a Jew.

Oh, wait… so was Jesus. Now I get it.

A better title might be Dumb and Dumber.

Ironic coming from a close minded dumbass.

Is it tough to be omniscient Pookie?

[quote]btm62 wrote:
Ironic coming from a close minded dumbass.

Is it tough to be omniscient Pookie?[/quote]

“A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth.”
[center]- Will Rogers[/center]

[quote]pookie wrote:
btm62 wrote:
Ironic coming from a close minded dumbass.

Is it tough to be omniscient Pookie?

“A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth.”
[center]- Will Rogers[/center]

[/quote]

“It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.” — Acts ix. 5.

Proof that Satan exists:

Death penalty sought in baby’s microwave death

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) – A woman suspected of killing her month-old daughter by putting her in a microwave oven was indicted on a charge of aggravated murder Thursday, and the prosecutor said he would seek the death penalty.

The indictment against China Arnold, 26, does not provide details on the death of Paris Talley.

Investigators have said evidence that includes high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby were consistent with a microwave oven. The baby died on August 30, 2005. Her mother was arrested last week.

“The Montgomery County coroner came to the conclusion that the injuries sustained by this baby could have only been caused by being placed into a microwave oven and having that oven turned on and [cooking] the baby to death,” Montgomery Country Prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said at a news conference.

Heck declined to discuss a possible motive or release any other details about the case. He said Arnold would be subject to the death penalty if convicted because the victim was a child.

Defense attorney Jon Paul Rion said Arnold had nothing to do with her child’s death. He said Arnold and the child’s father had left Paris with a baby sitter the night before she found the baby unconscious.

“China has the moral courage and the confidence in her God that the truth will come out in this case,” Rion said. “We will seek every single way possible to communicate to our government and to the jury in this case that China is innocent of all the charges.”

Arnold is being held on $1 million bond. Heck said he will ask the court to order her held without bail at a hearing Tuesday."

[quote]pookie wrote:
btm62 wrote:
Ironic coming from a close minded dumbass.

Is it tough to be omniscient Pookie?

“A remark generally hurts in proportion to its truth.”
[center]- Will Rogers[/center]

[/quote]

Seriously,

You strike me as an intelligent human being. Why taint that with such an absurd generalization. What you deem to be truth is no more valid than the opposing view. Today’s strong words seem appropriate. Humble your mind a little, you might find it leads you new discoveries. At least consider the possibilites. You’re statement is arrogant and in bad taste.

“Simma Donna” - NADINE. (Cheri Oteri, SNL.)

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Proof that Satan exists:

Death penalty sought in baby’s microwave death

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) – A woman suspected of killing her month-old daughter by putting her in a microwave oven was indicted on a charge of aggravated murder Thursday, and the prosecutor said he would seek the death penalty.

The indictment against China Arnold, 26, does not provide details on the death of Paris Talley.

Investigators have said evidence that includes high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby were consistent with a microwave oven. The baby died on August 30, 2005. Her mother was arrested last week.

“The Montgomery County coroner came to the conclusion that the injuries sustained by this baby could have only been caused by being placed into a microwave oven and having that oven turned on and [cooking] the baby to death,” Montgomery Country Prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said at a news conference.

Heck declined to discuss a possible motive or release any other details about the case. He said Arnold would be subject to the death penalty if convicted because the victim was a child.

Defense attorney Jon Paul Rion said Arnold had nothing to do with her child’s death. He said Arnold and the child’s father had left Paris with a baby sitter the night before she found the baby unconscious.

“China has the moral courage and the confidence in her God that the truth will come out in this case,” Rion said. “We will seek every single way possible to communicate to our government and to the jury in this case that China is innocent of all the charges.”

Arnold is being held on $1 million bond. Heck said he will ask the court to order her held without bail at a hearing Tuesday."

[/quote]

Sickening.

[quote]btm62 wrote:
Seriously,

You strike me as an intelligent human being. Why taint that with such an absurd generalization. What you deem to be truth is no more valid than the opposing view. Today’s strong words seem appropriate. Humble your mind a little, you might find it leads you new discoveries. At least consider the possibilites. You’re statement is arrogant and in bad taste.

“Simma Donna” - NADINE. (Cheri Oteri, SNL.)[/quote]

Quote battle? Cool!

“Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out”

  • Richard Feynman

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Proof that Satan exists:

Death penalty sought in baby’s microwave death

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) – A woman suspected of killing her month-old daughter by putting her in a microwave oven was indicted on a charge of aggravated murder Thursday, and the prosecutor said he would seek the death penalty.

The indictment against China Arnold, 26, does not provide details on the death of Paris Talley.

Investigators have said evidence that includes high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby were consistent with a microwave oven. The baby died on August 30, 2005. Her mother was arrested last week.

“The Montgomery County coroner came to the conclusion that the injuries sustained by this baby could have only been caused by being placed into a microwave oven and having that oven turned on and [cooking] the baby to death,” Montgomery Country Prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said at a news conference.

Heck declined to discuss a possible motive or release any other details about the case. He said Arnold would be subject to the death penalty if convicted because the victim was a child.

Defense attorney Jon Paul Rion said Arnold had nothing to do with her child’s death. He said Arnold and the child’s father had left Paris with a baby sitter the night before she found the baby unconscious.

“China has the moral courage and the confidence in her God that the truth will come out in this case,” Rion said. “We will seek every single way possible to communicate to our government and to the jury in this case that China is innocent of all the charges.”

Arnold is being held on $1 million bond. Heck said he will ask the court to order her held without bail at a hearing Tuesday."

[/quote]

What in the fuck does this have to do with ANYTHING ANYBODY has said on this thread? You fear mongering douche bag.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
But Beowolf, I thought you were a Jew.

Oh, wait… so was Jesus. Now I get it.[/quote]

Actually, I’m an athiest.

I don’t believe Jesus was anything more than a really cool guy, with awesome hair and cool ideas.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
But Beowolf, I thought you were a Jew.

Oh, wait… so was Jesus. Now I get it.

Actually, I’m an athiest.
[/quote]

Ok, that does it.

Unless you happen to live in Athi, Kenya, the goddamn word is spelled atheist. A-the-ist. Derives from the Greek atheos, a = without, theos = God. It ends with IST.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Proof that Satan exists:

Death penalty sought in baby’s microwave death

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) – A woman suspected of killing her month-old daughter by putting her in a microwave oven was indicted on a charge of aggravated murder Thursday, and the prosecutor said he would seek the death penalty.

The indictment against China Arnold, 26, does not provide details on the death of Paris Talley.

Investigators have said evidence that includes high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby were consistent with a microwave oven. The baby died on August 30, 2005. Her mother was arrested last week.

“The Montgomery County coroner came to the conclusion that the injuries sustained by this baby could have only been caused by being placed into a microwave oven and having that oven turned on and [cooking] the baby to death,” Montgomery Country Prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said at a news conference.

Heck declined to discuss a possible motive or release any other details about the case. He said Arnold would be subject to the death penalty if convicted because the victim was a child.

Defense attorney Jon Paul Rion said Arnold had nothing to do with her child’s death. He said Arnold and the child’s father had left Paris with a baby sitter the night before she found the baby unconscious.

“China has the moral courage and the confidence in her God that the truth will come out in this case,” Rion said. “We will seek every single way possible to communicate to our government and to the jury in this case that China is innocent of all the charges.”

Arnold is being held on $1 million bond. Heck said he will ask the court to order her held without bail at a hearing Tuesday."

What in the fuck does this have to do with ANYTHING ANYBODY has said on this thread? You fear mongering douche bag.[/quote]

Bugwit, if you’re going to follow Jesus in any way, you believe in the existence of Satan.

Pookie already corrected your pathetic spelling so I’ll simply add that, since you did not end your final ‘sentence’ with an exclamation point, what you wrote makes no grammatical sense.

Get a fucking brain!

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
But Beowolf, I thought you were a Jew.

Oh, wait… so was Jesus. Now I get it.

Actually, I’m an athiest.

I don’t believe Jesus was anything more than a really cool guy, with awesome hair and cool ideas.[/quote]

I don’t think that is a viable option. Jesus clearly and repeatedly stated that He was God. So He can’t be a cool guy with great ideas. Either He is God or He was a delusional psychotic. You make the call.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Either He is God or He was a delusional psychotic. You make the call. [/quote]

He could’ve been delusional regarding his personal divinity while still having valid ideas in regards to how men should behave towards one another.

Although is it more likely that the tale was embellished with the telling. Jesus left no writings himself; all we have are second hand accounts put to paper tens and even hundreds of years later.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
But Beowolf, I thought you were a Jew.

Oh, wait… so was Jesus. Now I get it.

Actually, I’m an athiest.

I don’t believe Jesus was anything more than a really cool guy, with awesome hair and cool ideas.

I don’t think that is a viable option. Jesus clearly and repeatedly stated that He was God. So He can’t be a cool guy with great ideas. Either He is God or He was a delusional psychotic. You make the call.

[/quote]

He said, and I quote, “I am the son of God, and we are all God’s children”.

Doesn’t really sound like he wanted to be special. He said the “special” stuff in the Bible, and I don’t believe in the Bible. I believe he was a man who wanted peace, love, and forgiveness. Who belived in letting the little things pass you by. In looking at the greater picture, in the moment.

And I’m sorry for spelling Atheist wrong. Damn, you people are critical.

And HH, just because something relates to something else, doesn’t mean it’s appropriate for the thread.

Does anyone want to actually talk about the videos? The concept of a person who doesn’t nessecarily follow the Bible word for word, but still appreciates Jesus’s message and believes in his divinity?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Bugwit, if you’re going to follow Jesus in any way, you believe in the existence of Satan.

Get a fucking brain!
[/quote]

Priceless.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Lorisco wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
Varqanir wrote:
But Beowolf, I thought you were a Jew.

Oh, wait… so was Jesus. Now I get it.

Actually, I’m an athiest.

I don’t believe Jesus was anything more than a really cool guy, with awesome hair and cool ideas.

I don’t think that is a viable option. Jesus clearly and repeatedly stated that He was God. So He can’t be a cool guy with great ideas. Either He is God or He was a delusional psychotic. You make the call.

He said, and I quote, “I am the son of God, and we are all God’s children”.

Doesn’t really sound like he wanted to be special. He said the “special” stuff in the Bible, and I don’t believe in the Bible. I believe he was a man who wanted peace, love, and forgiveness. Who belived in letting the little things pass you by. In looking at the greater picture, in the moment.

And I’m sorry for spelling Atheist wrong. Damn, you people are critical.

And HH, just because something relates to something else, doesn’t mean it’s appropriate for the thread.

Does anyone want to actually talk about the videos? The concept of a person who doesn’t nessecarily follow the Bible word for word, but still appreciates Jesus’s message and believes in his divinity?

[/quote]

I believe this is old news and an old idea. Thomas Jefferson also liked the teachings of Jesus, but did not accept his deity. So he took the standard bible and removed all the statements regarding Jesus’ deity. It’s called the Jefferson bible.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

He said, and I quote, “I am the son of God, and we are all God’s children”.[/quote]

Please show me the scripture where Jesus Christ stated that.

He was indeed quite special and told everyone many times. This is only one verse where he stated that no one gets to (Heaven) the father, except through him:

John 14:6:

“I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me” (John 14:6)

It is also one verse (there are many others) which alienate people. No one really wants to think that there is only one way to do anything much less make it to Heaven.

Go figure.

That is your right in a free society. But, it is my right to point out where you are wrong relative to your quotes. In other words, believe what you want, but do so through knowledge and not ignorance.

And you must also believe that he was a liar, if you believe that he was just a man.

He never once tolerated sin. However, often he was forgiving of those who sinned. He would always caution those he healed or forgave not to sin again. There is no “little sin” to Christ. it is all simply sin. This is a difficult doctrine for many.

Sure, as OJ said “I’ll take a stab at it.” The video is meant to demean Christians. It’s perfectly alright to put a Rugby sticker on your car. It’s also fine to tell everyone you train with weights constantly. You can even tell folks that you meditate and follow the great Krima Gibna. But as soon as you claim that you are a Christian and display that in other ways, you are condemned by some.

This video simply plays to that central theme. It’s anti-Christian propaganda. It simply states, that it’s okay to be a Christian as long as you shut up about it.

[quote]The concept of a person who doesn’t nessecarily follow the Bible word for word, but still appreciates Jesus’s message and believes in his divinity?
[/quote]

If someone believes in Christs divinity but does not “follow the Bible” then I wonder how much he actually believes in Christs divinity.

Certainly the New Testament is pretty much about Christs coming to earth in human form.