T Nation

Christian Commits Mass Murder at Ft. Hood

Just kidding:

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/11/fort-hood-jihad-shooter-said-muslims-have-to-stand-up-against-the-aggressor.html

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

He must have done it because he was poor or something, like this guy:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=13018

or this guy:
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/09/did-jewish-federation-suspect-believe.html

or these guys:
http://infidelsunite.typepad.com/counter_jihad/2009/09/seattle-somali-muslims-eager-to-join-jihad.html

Are you drunk?

What I find interesting is that he had no problem with taking “the infidels” money when it comes to gettinghis education though an ROTC program but when it comes time for him to deploy…

His poverty drove him to jihad, jawara. And infidel money.

At this point there is no knowing his motivation. He may have been a crazy person, period, acting alone for whatever motivation from his personal life, whether deriving from his recent poor performance review or who knows what. Undoubtedly there is going to be thorough investigation into his contacts.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
At this point there is no knowing his motivation. He may have been a crazy person, period, acting alone for whatever motivation from his personal life, whether deriving from his recent poor performance review or who knows what. Undoubtedly there is going to be thorough investigation into his contacts.[/quote]

I’m putting my money on Sudden Jihad Syndrome.

I’m sure it’s possible but one guy with two handguns doing that much damage makes me skeptical. I know all the news isn’t in but it just seems a little hard to believe. I know some guys that can shoot accurately and shoot fast with a handgun, but that many killed and wounded by one guy…I can’t picture it. Notwithstanding these were trained up troops get ready to deploy and probably not for the first time, not frightened students.

Want to see how this shakes out and see what else develops.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
At this point there is no knowing his motivation. He may have been a crazy person, period, acting alone for whatever motivation from his personal life, whether deriving from his recent poor performance review or who knows what. Undoubtedly there is going to be thorough investigation into his contacts.[/quote]

Uh oh:

[quote]
Authorities were concerned about Fort Hood shooter because of Net postings about suicide bombings, etc. – but did nothing[/quote]
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2009/11/authorities-were-concerned-about-fort-hood-shooter-because-of-net-postings-about-suicide-bombings-et.html

Islamic Awakening is calling him a “brave mujahid”:
http://forums.islamicawakening.com/politics-jihad-current-affairs/29979-many-9-killed-fort-hood-shootings-officials-say-2.html#post296132

Another great comment:

[quote]I’m sure the other Muslim members of the US military will be thrilled to hear this.

He was brave indeed, and I’m sure he’s now rolling in a sea of arms and legs, as promised. Hey, I might like that deal myself, especially if I’ve spent years never having sex. Kind of a good motivator, wouldn’t you say? Almost as if it were designed that way.

But anyway, a brave and honorable mujahid indeed. I’m sure he was perfectly OK with the treachery of taking the military oath of service, training with other loyal Americans, and then turning his guns on them. But the good thing is that it shows the world how clever Muslims are.[/quote]

So apparently Muslims themselves know this for what it is, Bill.

I use the word “know” more precisely than that.

Unless he wrote them a letter beforehand or something like that, they are guessing and hoping that it was glorious jihad.

Which it might have been.

But at this point we don’t know, if using the word precisely.

Now, if he is in fact the author of the Internet postings in question (which I was not aware of until your post – thanks!) then that certainly brings jihadic beliefs into the matter. However the article states that this is not confirmed.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
I use the word “know” more precisely than that.

Unless he wrote them a letter beforehand or something like that, they are guessing and hoping that it was glorious jihad.

Which it might have been.

But at this point we don’t know, if using the word precisely.

Now, if he is in fact the author of the Internet postings in question (which I was not aware of until your post – thanks!) then that certainly brings jihadic beliefs into the matter. However the article states that this is not confirmed.[/quote]

The MSM and our government will collude to make sure this story goes away as soon as possible, just like all the other Sudden Jihad Syndrome attacks.

Here is his scribd page:
http://www.scribd.com/NidalHasan

Now as to why he was suspected of posting this 6 months ago and there was no official investigation and the matter was not confirmed, that sounds to me like being way to sennnnnnnsitive about the “appearance” of “going after him because of his name and religion.”

Either that or just utter carelessness and slipshodness.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Now as to why he was suspected of posting this 6 months ago and there was no official investigation and the matter was not confirmed, that sounds to me like being way to sennnnnnnsitive about the “appearance” of “going after him because of his name and religion.”

Either that or just utter carelessness and slipshodness.[/quote]

The thing I can’t seem to get other kuffar to grasp is that the government has no intention of protecting us from Islamic jihad. It doesn’t interest them. Otherwise, why would we be letting more Muslims move here and letting the Saudis and the Ikwhan put mosques up everywhere. They’re certainly not interested in tracking them or stopping them beforehand. They knocked down a couple of major American landmarks killing 3000 people and we still let them come. We’re still in AfPak fighting the war they started.

But we’ll sit there and think that the government will help us. Or cares. Or isn’t actively helping these people to come here.

It’s like street gangs, which are basically caused by open borders and social welfare programming. The government creates them in order to create a need for itself amongst us. Muslims in the US are just another iteration of this phenomenon.

Anyone know how to figure out Nidal Hassan’s IP address? I want to look through his Google search history.

Actually on re-reading of that, even if he did write it it really is not conclusive of anything at all.

Specifically, what was written was (I will break it into parts):

Agree, disagree?

Is this a reasonable thing for a person to talk about, or is it necessarily a crazy and dangerous person who would say this? Does one have to be a jihadist to say the above about an American soldier saving his fellow soldiers this way?

Have scholars said this? If so, might this be an intelligent statement of what some consider, and relevant to whether Muslim suicide bombers think this? Without necessarily the author having a positive view?

And note, he isn’t justifying suicide bombing of civilians. It can’t be taken as being endorsement of terrorism.

I didn’t, as I am doing something else, read the e-booklet that this is in response to, but perhaps it is an accurate summary and a not-unreasonable analysis.

Red flags should have been raised, some background checks should have been done, but the above proves nothing, even if he did write it, and not some other person.

Lastly, what of the relevance? How many of his Muslim brothers – if he considers them such, which we don’t know – did he save with these murders? Most likely zero. So the above line of thinking may have nothing to do with the shootings. He may just have been nuts. We don’t know at this point.

It will likely become possible to actually know as investigations are made into his contacts.

[quote]Have scholars said this? If so, might this be an intelligent statement of what some consider, and relevant to whether Muslim suicide bombers think this? Without necessarily the author having a positive view?
[/quote]

He means “Muslim scholars.” I think it’s pretty obvious he had a positive view of suicide bombing, evidenced by his statements to colleagues (watch the video at JihadWatch) and his postings and scribd page.

Obviously, Muslim scholars do think suicide bombing isn’t “suicide” at all and he’s pointing to their research.

Muhammad himself said that martyrdom was great and so is fighting the way of Allah (jihad). It’s right there in the Hadith. JUst look at some of the statements the Islamic Awakening guys have quoted under their postings.

[quote]He may just have been nuts. We don’t know at this point.
[/quote]

I’m sorry, but this is really absurd. A practicing Army psychiatrist is himself nuts? Can we apply Occam’s razor here instead of Occam’s butterknife?

The attack may have been motivated by a desite for Jihad.

It could also be Private Pile syndrome.

I can’t imagine that he did not take at least a little shit for being a Muslim from other soldiers being prepared to go to war to fight Islamists.

Either way, he is a piece of shit.

It’s long been my opinion that psychologists and psychiatrists have a higher rate of themselves being mentally unbalanced to at least some degree than PhD’s and MD’s generally.

By no means is it impossible for someone to be nuts “despite” being a psychiatrist.

On your literary analysis: I do not at all think it is factually correct to say, with regard to a review or response to something else that has been written, that scholars say a given thing necessarily means that one has a positive view of the same thing.

I make a distinction between knowing and making what seems to be reasonable guesses. You are doing the latter but calling it “knowing.”

I’d compare it to someone tossing say five or six coins and covering them – we have not seen how they landed – and with you announcing that you KNOW that at least one of them landed heads. Whereas I say that it is a reasonable guess, but you don’t know it.

Latest is that Hasan is in fact still alive and not at imminent risk of death.

Well, you guys keep searching for a motive.

Hmmm.

So there has never been a shooting spree in the United States having any cause other than jihad?

Interesting.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Hmmm.

So there has never been a shooting spree in the United States having any cause other than jihad?

Interesting.[/quote]

Did I say that? Honestly, this discussion we’re having right now is a prime example of why conservatism in the United States is a dead, failed, and even idiotic enterprise.

The guy was a devout, observant Muslim who’d been making alarming statements to colleagues and on the internet of an Islamic nature. Things to the effect of “Muslims have the right to rise up against the US military” and “"Maybe we should have more of these where people strap bombs on themselves and go into Times Square” He posted some text defending suicide bombing as a noble act on his scribd page. He was yelling something in Arabic as he did the shooting (most likely “allahu akbar”).

Other Muslims know what this is.

He got a bad fitrep but still picked up major recently? Doesn’t make sense. Promotion to major is not automatic.

Let’s all search for a motive!