Christian Church Burning Korans

These guys are amatuers. Complete pikers.

In muslim countries they burn Christians, not Bibles.

Maybe we should up the ante by burning Muslims using Qu’rans as fuel.

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:
Cool with me. Evidently this is a poignant form of protest, and I support free speech. [/quote]

I do support free speech and I do support their right to do it, but I also support the right of somebody who wants to burn the bible, but I don’t support the practice. I won’t trump freedom to stop it though.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Maybe we should up the ante by burning Muslims using Qu’rans as fuel.[/quote]

LOL!

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:
Cool with me. Evidently this is a poignant form of protest, and I support free speech. [/quote]

I do support free speech and I do support their right to do it, but I also support the right of somebody who wants to burn the bible, but I don’t support the practice. I won’t trump freedom to stop it though. [/quote]

Me too man. Burning Bibles isn’t any different.

BUT. Christians aren’t going all over the world murdering innocent people and claiming it’s “god’s will”. \
So Muslims kinda have it coming IMO. That plus a whole lot more. What do they expect? It’s unfortunate that peaceful Muslims have to take a little flak for what someone else is doing, but on the other hand I have heard many times that there are alarge number of non-violent, non-radicalized Muslims that still believe that Jihad is righteous or “scripturally correct”.

Anyway from my point of view there is nothing more outrageous than killing for religion or because of relgious beleifs.

hmmm. your former President said more then one time explicitly: “God wants me to go to war”.
I’ve read at least twice such comments and checked them immendiately. What a Taliban he was. Utterly without morals.

So that argument kinda crumbles. By which I mean it bites your ass.

Is openly religious fanaticism and ignorance a greater problem in the muslamic world? you bet your (bitten) ass! Can we solve this problem without solving our own monotheistic problem first?
I think not.

Also, burning books is shameful for all of humankind.
If there were aliens on earth, I’d be, once more, ridiculed in front of interstellar guests: “nnonono, my mother was half vulcan, and my father is of mixed eurogalactic heritage, I assure you I can barely relate to terran homo apes”
So sad.
How are we supposed to claim moral high ground if WE burn books?

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:
No-one should be burning books; it’s a way of oppressing knowledge and ideas and concepts, and however offensive or despicable an idea, I’d rather we had access to all of them, not just the ideas that someone else wants me to have access to.
In this case, for example, how much more difficult would it be to interact with Muslims in a religious setting without a copy of their holy book, whether you agree with it or not.[/quote]

That is what we have the internet for Holmes.

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:

I do support free speech and I do support their right to do it, but I also support the right of somebody who wants to burn the bible, but I don’t support the practice. I won’t trump freedom to stop it though. [/quote]

Me too man. Burning Bibles isn’t any different.

BUT. Christians aren’t going all over the world murdering innocent people and claiming it’s “god’s will”. \
So Muslims kinda have it coming IMO. That plus a whole lot more. What do they expect? It’s unfortunate that peaceful Muslims have to take a little flak for what someone else is doing, but on the other hand I have heard many times that there are alarge number of non-violent, non-radicalized Muslims that still believe that Jihad is righteous or “scripturally correct”.

Anyway from my point of view there is nothing more outrageous than killing for religion or because of relgious beleifs.
[/quote]

Oh I get it. I am giving their book respect despite their behavior.

[quote]kamui wrote:
do you realize that this “absolute good vs absolute evil” mentality let you without any solution except the complete annhilation of the “ennemy” ?

if there is no moderate islam, then there will be no one to make peace with.

is it really what you want ?
and if so, how should we achieve the necessary obliteration of islam ? extermination ? mass conversion ?

[/quote]

Now how would we make peace with moderate muslims if they aren’t the ones who are attacking us? I mean if they are peaceful and moderate wouldn’t we already be at peace with them?

What you are not grasping is that while the koran has changed over the centuries it hasn’t changed all that much. All muslims have that as their holy book and their holy book says jihad is required. That is why we have the term moderate muslim, because we are acknowledging that some are moderating their practice of their religion by not engaging in jihad.

The other thing that you are obviously not seeing is that islam cannot be neatly divided into two separate groups. So that one group is where the extremists come from and the other is where the moderates come from. It does not work that way because of mohammad and the koran. We have people switching camps.

There are extremist families where the parents are in Al Qaeda or Hamas but their kids have grown up to reject what their parents are doing and either become moderates or convert to another religion entirely.

But there are also moderate families living in liberal western countries whose kids are going the other way and turning to fundamentalism and extremism. If you look at a society like Britain it is completely understandable why this would happen.

What this tells us is that so long as we have even a moderate islam the jihadists will have a pool to recruit new members from.

So while there may be different ways to achieve it there is only one solution that will end the jihad.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Just the CHRISTIANS fanning the flames of Christ likedness , you know how Christ preached about provoking your enemy.

Luke 6:29 says if your brother smites your face , you should kick him in the balls [/quote]

Actually Christ did show righteous indignation when he turned over the money changers tables. But you’d actually have to read the Bible to know that story. Why do that when you can make stuff up and use the book for sarcasm.

Hard to believe but I actual think you found a topic that you know less about than Ronald Reagan.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Just the CHRISTIANS fanning the flames of Christ likedness , you know how Christ preached about provoking your enemy.

Luke 6:29 says if your brother smites your face , you should kick him in the balls [/quote]

Actually Christ did show righteous indignation when he turned over the money changers tables. But you’d actually have to read the Bible to know that story. Why do that when you can make stuff up and use the book for sarcasm.

Hard to believe but I actual think you found a topic that you know less about than Ronald Reagan.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
How’d those books get in the country in the first place?!?

Oh, sorry, we’re not talking Bibles and Saudi Arabia, are we.[/quote]

Do you really set the bar for the US that low?

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

hmmm. your former President said more then one time explicitly: “God wants me to go to war”. [/quote]

Untrue. You are either deliberately lying or grossly negligent in reporting accurate information - either way, your opinion is, predictably, worthless.

On the burning of the Korans - it’s an act of shameful idiocy.

That said, it’s protected speech, and as I learned from the Ground Zero mosque “debate”, apparently if an action is constitutionally protected, no one is allowed to express opposition to it, because, well, the constitution apparently also protects constitutionally protected activity from criticism.

So, logically, anyone who took up the argument that “if you criticize the building of the mosque, you are an enemy of the First Amendment!” won’t criticize the book-burning on the same grounds.

Christians should be ashamed by such a behavior

not because it’s intolerant, not because it’s offensive, not because it’s islamophobic
just because it’s stupid and sinful

stupid because Burning a book will not destroy the ideas it contains
burning Ben Laden’s photo will not kill him nor it will make the 9/11 victims came back to life.
it’s just magical thinking.

and btw, these desecretations are motivated by the detestation of an idol.
ie it’s a kind of (negative) idolatry and as such, it’s a sin.

christians are not supposed to behave like vaudou cultists.

or at least, it’s what i have been taught during 10 years of catechism.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:

hmmm. your former President said more then one time explicitly: “God wants me to go to war”. [/quote]

Untrue. You are either deliberately lying or grossly negligent in reporting accurate information - either way, your opinion is, predictably, worthless.[/quote]

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1007-03.htm

And you are, predictably uninformed and yet derogatory.

And why not inlcude this little gem, that must have gone over well with Muslims: