Christian Church Burning Korans

http://www.doveworld.org/blog/ten-reasons-to-burn-a-koran

I don’t even know anymore. A lot of those reasons could be turned around to be in support of burning the Christian Bible. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Ah, book burnings.

Excellent.

[quote]orion wrote:
Ah, book burnings.

Excellent.[/quote]

LOL

Just the CHRISTIANS fanning the flames of Christ likedness , you know how Christ preached about provoking your enemy.

Luke 6:29 says if your brother smites your face , you should kick him in the balls

Those muslims are easily offended… Also Qu’ran

Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings.
–Heinrich Heine

No-one should be burning books; it’s a way of oppressing knowledge and ideas and concepts, and however offensive or despicable an idea, I’d rather we had access to all of them, not just the ideas that someone else wants me to have access to.
In this case, for example, how much more difficult would it be to interact with Muslims in a religious setting without a copy of their holy book, whether you agree with it or not.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:
How’d those books get in the country in the first place?!?

Oh, sorry, we’re not talking Bibles and Saudi Arabia, are we.[/quote]
Totally disagree with this argument. It’s essentially saying “Well, at least we’re better than the worst”. Aim to be the best, not better the worst.
No-one should be burning books; it’s a way of oppressing knowledge and ideas and concepts, and however offensive or despicable an idea, I’d rather we had access to all of them, not just the ideas that someone else wants me to have access to.
In this case, for example, how much more difficult would it be to interact with Muslims in a religious setting without a copy of their holy book, whether you agree with it or not.[/quote]

Please don’t find an “argument” where there is none.

I was simply highlighting the difference.
[/quote]

Fair does, fixed that one.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]OrcusDM wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:
How’d those books get in the country in the first place?!?

Oh, sorry, we’re not talking Bibles and Saudi Arabia, are we.[/quote]
Totally disagree with this argument. It’s essentially saying “Well, at least we’re better than the worst”. Aim to be the best, not better the worst.
In this case, for example, how much more difficult would it be to interact with Muslims in a religious setting without a copy of their holy book, whether you agree with it or not.[/quote]

Please don’t find an “argument” where there is none.

I was simply highlighting the difference.
[/quote]

Fair does, fixed that one.
[/quote]

Sorry, don’t understand.

A British saying?
[/quote]

Fair does= fair enough/no problem.
I’ve changed my original comment to remove what I said; sorry I misinterpreted you.

It is sad that people who claim to know and be better would do that. Sinking to that level proves nothing. If you feel that way sign up for a tour in Afghanistan and do some good with it. I guess it’s better than burning muslims.

“Islam (not us) is totalitarian in nature, like Nazism, Communism, and Fascism.”- qouted from that website…

Yeah because the catholic church has always been such a bastion of tolerance, just ask Galileo or the Incas, or the Jews.

[quote]barbarianlifter wrote:
“Islam (not us) is totalitarian in nature, like Nazism, Communism, and Fascism.”- qouted from that website…

Yeah because the catholic church has always been such a bastion of tolerance, just ask Galileo or the Incas, or the Jews. [/quote]

Humans can do terrible things, even with the best of models to emulate. Fortunately Catholics, and Christians in general, had/have Christ, his apostles, and their instructions on how to prostelyze and interact with the world. So, for us, there’s always a right path to find one’s way back to. There is a clear model to wake up to one day and say “How have we gone so wrong?!” Now the Prophet Mo? Not so much. Sorry, that’s the reality of it. Faithful Islam is Al Qaeda. I’m not going to sugar coat that anymore than I would my response if someone was to tell me a tolerant and friendly Nazism was becoming trendy.

I want their mosques in my neighborhoods about as much as I’d want “Nazis for peace” community centers popping up. Sue me.

do you realize that this “absolute good vs absolute evil” mentality let you without any solution except the complete annhilation of the “ennemy” ?

if there is no moderate islam, then there will be no one to make peace with.

is it really what you want ?
and if so, how should we achieve the necessary obliteration of islam ? extermination ? mass conversion ?

[quote]kamui wrote:
do you realize that this “absolute good vs absolute evil” mentality let you without any solution except the complete annhilation of the “ennemy” ?

if there is no moderate islam, then there will be no one to make peace with.

is it really what you want ?
and if so, how should we achieve the necessary obliteration of islam ? extermination ? mass conversion ?

[/quote]

They aren’t my problem to sort out. I’m not into transformative “saving the world” military missions. Hey, ‘moderate Islam’ has the vast majority on it’s side. Surely they can handle it over there for us against a tiny minority.

[quote]barbarianlifter wrote:

Yeah because the catholic church has always been such a bastion of tolerance, just ask Galileo or the Incas, or the Jews. [/quote]

I doubt these guys are Catholic.

Cool with me. Evidently this is a poignant form of protest, and I support free speech.

[quote]Mr. Frost wrote:
Cool with me. Evidently this is a poignant form of protest, and I support free speech. [/quote]

Me too. I wouldn’t do it. But a church buying some qur’ans and then burning them doesn’t suppress any knowledge. Everyone still has access to it. They are trying to make a point.

It isn’t suppressing knowledge until the state gets involved and starts limiting or removing access. The church can buy and burn all the copies they want to.

So, anyone tried to take a bible to a middle eastern country? Or even china?