Christian Bale as John Connor

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
Will they need to have a person be the terminator? In T1 reese says that at first the disguised terminators had latex skin that you could spot from a mile away. SO then they could just CG em, or get some guy to wear a lame latex suit to infiltrate, and as for general combat, most of the terminators would be CG robots roaming about maiming and killing, and I imagine in the next movie(depending how long after T3 it takes place) most of the machines would look like those things in T3 with tracks and machine guns, at the base when they were trying to get that chicks dad to stop skynet or whatever they were doing.
Also, if all the infiltration terminators looked like Arnold,
A. He stands out
B. They would catch on quick, could you imagine some guy showing up to your base, “HQ, there is a giant guy with an austrian accent that wants in, what should I do?”
HQ-“throw a magnet at him, see if it sticks”

I liked terminator 1 the best, but I dont think it’s a stretch to say T2 is the best.[/quote]

Not all Terminators look like Arnold!
Some look like Franco Columbu!
(If you didn’t know, he was one of the terminators that invaded the complex thinger in T1)

[quote]Rattler wrote:

Not all Terminators look like Arnold!
Some look like Franco Columbu!
(If you didn’t know, he was one of the terminators that invaded the complex thinger in T1)
[/quote]

Very true. In William Wisher’s novels, the Terninator models were made from a few prototypes of captured resistance fighters. Hence, the Terminators that looked like Franco Columbu (in Kyle Reese’s dream/flashback sequence in T1) and Arnold Schwarzenagger were originally captured human resistance fighters. Weird, huh? T3 had a giagantic plot hole when they contradicted this, even though it wasn’t mentioned specifically in T1. I think Arnold’s Terminator Model Line was: Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 version: T-800.

{I just realized how huge of a Terminator nerd I am. ducks out of the room to go get a life}

That joke about the magnet was pretty damn funny! :slight_smile:

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
But the cyborg girl in T3 was hot.[/quote]

…and a lesbian to boot.

[quote]BSchroeder wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
But the cyborg girl in T3 was hot.

…and a lesbian to boot.

[/quote]

Yeah, I heard the sparks were flying on the Bloodrayne set.

However, she’s supposed to be engaged to Noah Danby from Painkiller Jane.

[quote]BSchroeder wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

…and a lesbian to boot.

[/quote]

And she can make her boobies bigger at will.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
The guy who played John Conner in T3 was a ridiculous choice. Whoever wrote the character for that movie needs to be fired. For the leader of what is left of mankind, they sure made him come across as weak as possible…which makes no sense considering who his mother was supposed to be.[/quote]

Exactly. Ed Furlong was tougher in T2, and he was like 12.

A PG-13 rating will not ruin this movie. Bale will save it.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
BSchroeder wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

…and a lesbian to boot.

However, she’s supposed to be engaged to Noah Danby from Painkiller Jane.[/quote]

I think she was nakeds in that movie.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
BSchroeder wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:

…and a lesbian to boot.

However, she’s supposed to be engaged to Noah Danby from Painkiller Jane.

I think she was nakeds in that movie.
[/quote]

Yes, she definitely was. It was the only redeeming aspect of that movie.

First time I heard about this. Oooh, I’m excited!

Yeah, Cameron’s vision was totally destroyed in T-3. Same thing happened to the 3rd and 4th Alien movies after he bailed.

Shouldn’t be too hard to pretend it didn’t happen. In time-travel movies, the number of possible realities is infinite.

[quote]dragonmamma wrote:

Too bad Cameron isnt doing it. He was instrumental in the first 2 films as evidenced by that piece of shit, T3.

It would be nice for them to start over and pretend like T3 didnt happen. Kinda like the new Batman series.

First time I heard about this. Oooh, I’m excited!

Yeah, Cameron’s vision was totally destroyed in T-3. Same thing happened to the 3rd and 4th Alien movies after he bailed.

Shouldn’t be too hard to pretend it didn’t happen. In time-travel movies, the number of possible realities is infinite.[/quote]

Even in the Sarah Connor Chronicles they were pretending T3 never happened.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
But the cyborg girl in T3 was hot.[/quote]

Not as good as the TV one IMHO.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for this.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
T3 had a giagantic plot hole…

[/quote]

Come one, the entire series is one big plot hole. The entire concept is based off the predestination paradox. It’s still entertaining. Well, except T3.

I have to admit, I enjoyed T3. Key word being “enjoyed”. No depth to it, and the third act sucked. But it was pretty well done for entertainment.

You know, now that I think of it, this is following the Alien franchise exactly.

T2 was a bigger, more action-packed version of the original, just like Aliens. And the 3rd one was a carbon copy but with no soul. And the fourth will be a PG-13 version that totally sucks, just like Alien Ressurection (sp?).

Fuck.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Come one, the entire series is one big plot hole. The entire concept is based off the predestination paradox. It’s still entertaining. Well, except T3.[/quote]

Yep. Doomsday was always going to happen, otherwise Kyle Reese wouldn’t have come back and fathered John Connor.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
I have to admit, I enjoyed T3. Key word being “enjoyed”. No depth to it, and the third act sucked. But it was pretty well done for entertainment.

You know, now that I think of it, this is following the Alien franchise exactly.

T2 was a bigger, more action-packed version of the original, just like Aliens. And the 3rd one was a carbon copy but with no soul. And the fourth will be a PG-13 version that totally sucks, just like Alien Ressurection (sp?).

Fuck.[/quote]

Alien Ressurection was ok.

I don’t like Batman being involved in Terminator. Two big franchise and he’s dipping into both. Bad.

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
I don’t like Batman being involved in Terminator. Two big franchise and he’s dipping into both. Bad. [/quote]

Why? He’s a good actor, I’m sure he can manage.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
WolBarret wrote:
I don’t like Batman being involved in Terminator. Two big franchise and he’s dipping into both. Bad.

Why? He’s a good actor, I’m sure he can manage.[/quote]

How can you be so sure? He might accidently wear the batsuit in all his Terminator scenes.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
WolBarret wrote:

Why? He’s a good actor, I’m sure he can manage.[/quote]

Consider some of the alternatives. They could have asked Tobey Maguire.