T Nation

Chris Rock on Racism

Funny and True!

If you want to laugh so hard that you cry watch this.

[quote]M.B wrote:

Funny and True!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8LxO4wnCQ

If you want to laugh so hard that you cry watch this.[/quote]

Great clip.

I love this one too. Its about the difference between being rich and wealthy.

“If Bill Gates woke up with Oprah’s money he would jump out the fucking window!”

Thats old but funny.

It really is a conversation thats been going on for YEARS in the black community.

I agree w/ just about everything he said. Matter of fact, that video reminds me of a family friend who is from Ghana. The guy is a MULTI-millionaire who came here w/ nothing, busted his ass, and now owns a bunch of different businesses/properties…etc…

He WILL NOT hire any blacks or hispanics that are native to the US or that have become too Americanized.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
I agree w/ just about everything he said. Matter of fact, that video reminds me of a family friend who is from Ghana. The guy is a MULTI-millionaire who came here w/ nothing, busted his ass, and now owns a bunch of different businesses/properties…etc…

He WILL NOT hire any blacks or hispanics that are native to the US or that have become too Americanized.[/quote]

That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick!

Kind of on the same wavelength as the ghanian are my 2 of my friends, both born and raised until they were 12 or so in Sierra Leone and Eritrea.

They can’t stand when african americans complain about their situation in the US, they call them lazy whiners who have no idea how good they have it.

[quote]TheSicilian wrote:
I agree w/ just about everything he said. Matter of fact, that video reminds me of a family friend who is from Ghana. The guy is a MULTI-millionaire who came here w/ nothing, busted his ass, and now owns a bunch of different businesses/properties…etc…

He WILL NOT hire any blacks or hispanics that are native to the US or that have become too Americanized.[/quote]

[quote]emdawgz1 wrote:
That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick![/quote]

No, he’s an actionist. He’s judging a group of people by there collective actions. Sterotyping? PROFILING? sure, but not racisim.

La’
Redsol1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c6cw3lpCUrQ

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick!

No, he’s an actionist. He’s judging a group of people by there collective actions. Sterotyping? PROFILING? sure, but not racisim.

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

I must agree.

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick!

No, he’s an actionist. He’s judging a group of people by there collective actions. Sterotyping? PROFILING? sure, but not racisim.

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

That’s not racaism/profiling according to the goverment up here. It’s called equal opportunity employment.

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick!

No, he’s an actionist. He’s judging a group of people by there collective actions. Sterotyping? PROFILING? sure, but not racisim.

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

What collective actions!?!?

Nevermind, i dont care what you and your racist friends think.

peace

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick!

No, he’s an actionist. He’s judging a group of people by there collective actions. Sterotyping? PROFILING? sure, but not racisim.

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

I am very interested in what my “collective actions” are and who I “collected” them with.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
redsol1 wrote:
emdawgz1 wrote:
That guy, is a racist! Judging all by the actions of some. What a dick!

No, he’s an actionist. He’s judging a group of people by there collective actions. Sterotyping? PROFILING? sure, but not racisim.

La’
Redsol1

I am very interested in what my “collective actions” are and who I “collected” them with.[/quote]

Great X. Why the hell did you have to post in this thread? Now I cant post in it anymore :frowning:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I am very interested in what my “collective actions” are and who I “collected” them with.[/quote]

That’s why i used the terms “Sterotyping” and “Profiling”. Perhaps I sould have put “Perceived” before “Collective Actions”.

That being said, I think you got my point.

La’
Redsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I am very interested in what my “collective actions” are and who I “collected” them with.

That’s why i used the terms “Sterotyping” and “Profiling”. Perhaps I sould have put “Perceived” before “Collective Actions”.

That being said, I think you got my point.

La’
Redsol1
[/quote]

No, I didn’t get your point. You wrote that denying work to people based on skin color including where they are from is not racist. You are playing a game of semantics. It is not only racist, but bigotry towards an entire group of people based on where they were born. To then claim that he is not racist but judging people by their collective actions implies that I, one of the people he discriminates against, have collected some actions with someone else. Please define what actions I personally collected and who I collected them with. Be specific.

X i refuse to argue w/ this guy.

Anyone ignorant enough to post what he did… well , he isnt worth the effort.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
No, I didn’t get your point. You wrote that denying work to people based on skin color including where they are from is not racist. You are playing a game of semantics. It is not only racist, but bigotry towards an entire group of people based on where they were born. To then claim that he is not racist but judging people by their collective actions implies that I, one of the people he discriminates against, have collected some actions with someone else. Please define what actions I personally collected and who I collected them with. Be specific.[/quote]

If the origional statement had been that he doesn’t hire american blacks or hispanics because they were black or hispanic I would agree with you. The origional statement was that he would not hire them beacuse of the way they behaved (Or his percepion of how they behave).Is this discriminatory, sure. Is it racism, no. Just because someone is black and is discriminated against doesn’t mean it was racism. Calling everything racism does disservice to those who are true victims of racism. If I don’t hire a black man to be my salesperson who walks in looking like a reject from a Tupac video am I a racist? If a white guy walked in wearing the same atire I wouldn’t hire him either.

La’
Redsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
No, I didn’t get your point. You wrote that denying work to people based on skin color including where they are from is not racist. You are playing a game of semantics. It is not only racist, but bigotry towards an entire group of people based on where they were born. To then claim that he is not racist but judging people by their collective actions implies that I, one of the people he discriminates against, have collected some actions with someone else. Please define what actions I personally collected and who I collected them with. Be specific.

If the origional statement had been that he doesn’t hire american blacks or hispanics because they were black or hispanic I would agree with you. The origional statement was that he would not hire them beacuse of the way they behaved (Or his percepion of how they behave).Is this discriminatory, sure. Is it racism, no. Just because someone is black and is discriminated against doesn’t mean it was racism. Calling everything racism does disservice to those who are true victims of racism. If I don’t hire a black man to be my salesperson who walks in looking like a reject from a Tupac video am I a racist? If a white guy walked in wearing the same atire I wouldn’t hire him either.

La’
Redsol1

[/quote]

None of what was written had anything to do with attire. If that was the issue, skin color wouldn’t even be mentioned. It has everything to do with racism if you stop hiring blacks born in America because of “collective actions” (like you wrote). You can play hop-scotch around it for days and it won’t change what was written earlier. I am very interested now in what your definition of “racism” is because it doesn’t seem to coincide with Webster’s.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
None of what was written had anything to do with attire. If that was the issue, skin color wouldn’t even be mentioned. It has everything to do with racism if you stop hiring blacks born in America because of “collective actions” (like you wrote). You can play hop-scotch around it for days and it won’t change what was wriotten earlier. I am very interested now in what your definition of “racism” is because it doesn’t seem to coincide with Webster’s.[/quote]

My definition of racism: Hating or discriminating against someone based on their country of origin or color of their skin.

Websters Definition:

rac‧ism  /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm]
?noun

  1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one’s own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
  2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
  3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

The origional statement was that the buisness man filtered (Or descriminated) based on the ACTIONS (perceived or real) of a group of people. The common denominator of this group of people was there race, race was not the deciding criteria of the filter. I never said that the buisness mans decisions were right, i said that they weren’t racism.

Now, given your statement [quote]“It has everything to do with racism if you stop hiring blacks born in America because of “collective actions” (like you wrote).”[/quote], I believe I need to reconsider my origional ideas on this topic. I still hold the belief that because a black (Or hispanic, asian, white) person is discriminated against does not automatical mean it’s racism.

Allow me some time to rethink my positions.

La’
Redsol1

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
None of what was written had anything to do with attire. If that was the issue, skin color wouldn’t even be mentioned. It has everything to do with racism if you stop hiring blacks born in America because of “collective actions” (like you wrote). You can play hop-scotch around it for days and it won’t change what was wriotten earlier. I am very interested now in what your definition of “racism” is because it doesn’t seem to coincide with Webster’s.

My definition of racism: Hating or discriminating against someone based on their country of origin or color of their skin.
[/quote]

So, this is different from our discriminating African how?

Bullshit. No man could possibly know my actions based on my skin color or the place of my birth. That means his attempt to weed out any American blacks is nothing but a term we use by the sobriquet “racism”.

If they are being discriminated against BECAUSE they are a certain color born in a certain area, it is very much RACISM. I am wondering what education you received personally that is allowing you to gloss right over glowing radiant racism as if it isn’t there. I find this truly amazing that you can be blind to blatant displays of it. What a surprise, I must add, as I never would have expected such ridiculous perception existed in this country

[/sarcasm]