Dchris's Grappling with Age

Lmao!! I wondered if someone would catch that.

Well, one month later. Still lifting (Harding).

Today:
Superset

TBDL
5x10x235

&

KB Rows
5x10/arm 60lbs

Will be back into a rhythm soon… I hope.

Saturday

OHP
135x5
135x5
155x5
175x3
185x 1.5 - haha started falling back and did everything I could to not fall on my shop vac. Where’s a small cute girl to break my fall, Bauber style.
135x5

Lots of pullups in between sets

KB Press
2x15x40lbs

2 Likes

Sunday

Double header baseball games
I caught 9 innings and pitched one. Holy fuck, I’m not nearly as sore as I thought I’d be. Still took it easy. My right rhomboid is pissed off, which pulls on the tendon in my right elbow, which hurts like a bitch. Other than that, I feel great.

Will try and do some BW stuff in the morning. Have to leave early. Then Wednesday night I’m in a hotel and possibly Thursday too.

Work is incredible right now. It’s like everything is coming together.

1 Like

Tuesday

Front Squats
5x5

TBDL - heels touch stance. I find this hits my quads hard.
2x12

1 Like

That’s awesome man

1 Like

@duketheslaya thanks. It’s going to be a wild summer.

Wednesday
Picked up the wife at the airport at 1AM, got home just before 3AM. Took a later morning and started at 9AM. Had a board meeting tonight, so in a hotel. They just finished a new hotel in the city I’ve been staying. It’s really fucking nice, and the gym has DBs up to 75lbs and cable machine.

Chest
Incline DB Bench
2x10x45lb
4x12x75lb

Cable Press/Flies
3x12

15 minutes of 12.5 incline, set at 3.3 speed.

Thursday and Saturday
Lots and lots of KB Rows

1 Like

Had two baseball games today, in the hottest part of the day (92F). I ended up catching four and pitching three. Got home and decided not to be a fat slob.

Front Squats - I intended to do 10 minutes straight. ha!
1:38 - 31x95lbs - Fuck, my knee started hurting.

Complex W/95lbs
10 Front Squats
10 OHP
10 Cleans

x3

Also, wife is in the city… so, rather than cook or go grab something, I’m just going to drink on my porch swing while I work.

2 Likes

Thursday Morning
100 KB Swings

50 KB Rows

Pull ups

Friday Morning
100 KB Swings

BN OHP
5x15x95

Pull ups.

Well, life… yesterday, I was informed the office I’ll report to is changing. No biggie. Kind of ironic, actually. For three years, I lived 45 minutes from where my project was. Last year I move to that city. Now, I’ll be living in this city, but commuting 45 minutes the other way. Can’t win for losing. Ha. Secondly, I’ll be opening an office 4.5 hours away from home. I’ll be living there T-TR, sometimes longer. Also, I have to find a commercial office and home to live in while I’m there. Apparently, can’t stay in the Hampton every night. This means a couple of things for me: 1. This will be my last year playing baseball. 2. I’ll be living two lives, essentially. 3. I got a nice raise. 4. I’m going to grow this office to be bigger than our home offices. 5. I’ve got to join a commercial gym while away. I may even join a gasp CrossFit gym.

I’m not quite sure how I feel yet. One side I’m excited. The other, I already know I’m going to put my head down and grind, and end up a workaholic. Despite being a major extrovert to talks to randos, I’ve never been one to have many friends. It’ll be odd to live away from anyone I know for half the week.

Today workout:
Back
Lots of KB Rows, SGHP, Pullups

I’m really trying to strengthen my back. My rhomboids get knotted up and It pulls on my tendon in my elbow. I think it’s just weak rhomboids. Really trying to hit them hard.

3 Likes

Update photos. One month after T-Formation. Gonna keep going. Weights up to 230, but I’m on MK. I think I look leaner in the morning than last month. Will keep hitting cardio for the next month to see what happens.

Sunday
Two baseball games. I caught one game. I love catching, but damn. Waking up the next day is rough. My ankles and hips were stiff.

Monday Night
Front Squats
3x15x95
3x7x135
5x3x185 - was hoping for triples at 205, but quads were dead from yesterday.

Split Squats
20/leg

Pullups

1 Like

Thursday
KB snach
3x5x60lbs

OHP
5x135
5x135
5x155
5x155
4x1x175 - was going for triples… oh well

SGHP
3x5x175

Pull ups and KB Snatches.

Sunday

2 baseball games. I hit a walk off homerun. Fucking amazing. First time in my life to do it with a HR.

1 Like

Monday

KB Rows and TBDL superset
4 Sets of 10x60lb/arm and 3x255

That was supposed to be a warmup, but Wifey came out and said I was hanging too loud while she worked.

KB Rows
6x15x60lb

Thursday

Front Squats
3x5x135
4x3x185
2x10x135

KB Squats
2xamrap

Saturday

KB snatches
2x5x40
1x5x60

Strict and slow OHP
4x5x135

KB Row
2x20x60

1 Like

Two baseball games in 100 degree weather. Pitched 4 innings too. Fuck… I was way dehydrated, despite drinking over 1.5 gallons at the field.

My lat cramped during a pitch and I plunked a guy in the back. Ha. Nothing like an 82mph fastball to the back.

3 Likes

Tuesday

Front Squats
3x3x135
3x155
3x185
3x205

Fran .67
Thrusters and pull ups
16-5 and 7-3-3-2-2-1-1-1-1

5-5-5 and 4-3-1-1-1-2-1-1-1

phone rings … it’s the boss.

Well, thrusters are easier. Man, I suck at Pullups. Worst part of thrusters is my wrists.

1 Like

Was going to do Double DT for a workout today… but instead installed my new cold air intake for my truck. Not even mad… haha will hit the conditioning workout tomorrow.

1 Like