Dchris's Grappling with Age

Feels like I can say I actually lift now.

1 Like

My brother in law is starting to lift with me. He and my sister just moved back.

KB Swings 50

Axle OHP
Lots of warm ups
5x3x135
2x2x135
7x135 - push Press

Power Cleans
8x135

Ring Pull Ups and Rows
3x10

Plate OH raises
3x20

Lateral Raises
3x10

Killer workout. Completely drained.

3 Likes

Been lifting consistently, I just haven’t taken the time to log. Hit chest earlier this morning and am planning on going for a jog then swinging the KB until I puke followed by more benching.

1 Like

Circuit of 5 rounds:
25 KB Swings
Incline Bench 5x175
10 Broad Jumps
Incline Bench 5x175
10 Thrusters
Incline Bench 5x175

Morning:

Lots of KB swings

Afternoon:

.5 mile jog.

Squats
Lots and lots of warmups
Top set of 3x275 - lower back and hamstrings were worked from all the Kb swings and jumps yesterday.

Front squats
3x10x135 - back and Jammie’s were fried so decided lighter back squats would help.

Farmers walks
5x100’x 285lbs

Walking Weighted Lunges 2 40lb KBs
5x14/each leg (edge of driveway and back)

Good workout. My brother in law came so I pushed myself harder.

1 Like

Dinner - Half a cabbage baked with olive oil, parmesean cheese and prosciutto, with ground pork.

2 Likes

OHP Day

Axle Press
10xbar
10x95
10x95
10x115
10x115
5x135
5x135
3x135
8x135 - push Press from here on
8x155
8x155h
5x155

Axle Rows
3x12x155

OH Plate Raises
4x25x25lb Plate

KB Press and push
3 sets of AMRAP

2 Likes

Good to see you getting some decent volume in! I take it you are all settled into the new home?

Slowly but surely. The other thing is finally getting settled into my new work flow. I have acquired several new projects and I work out of a new office so things have been crazy.

Well, my weight is 230lbs on the dot and I haven’t had dinner yet… I still fit into my 32" waist pants and I think I’m leaner, but fuck me if I gained 20lbs of muscle. Time to start jogging more… :confused:

HIIT bro. Just watched a video on this, it transfers to resistance training better with respect to type I to type II fibers and metabolic pathways.

WTF does that even mean?

1 Like

I’m not a self-proclaimed intermediate so I have no idea. Maybe, I’ll ask the next guy who starts rambling off how smart he is.

It aint enough! I need fasted LITT in the morning, and HITT in the afternoon!

1 Like

Thanksgiving Morning

1 mile jog. Half way through my run, the wife sends me a bunch of texts stating our illegally harbored rooster is crowing too much. Diverted home to give my transgendered hen a pep talk. Think s/he was worried it was chicken day.

Hopefully will be able to sneak away to the garage for a DL session while the wife gets ready.

3 Likes

Had 25 minutes to workout today so hit some deadlifts. I’ve kept away from traditional deadlifts to help build my ass and hams, mainly doing TBDLs. Today just decided to go for it.

Sumo
10x135
10x135
5x225
5x225
5x275
2x345
2x345
1x365
1x365
3x345
3x275

SGHPs
2x6x225

Here’s a video of the 365 Pull. Super easy. I’ve changed my deadlift stance in the last few months and this is the heaviest I’ve gone. I’ve taken a more semi-sump stance in the past, this was an attempt at proper sumo pull. Honestly felt like I had 405 in me, but I decided to take the CB and not try and push things in my old age. Vid below. I’ll take all the feedback I can get.

1 Like

Details please

1 Like

We bought chicks back in March that were supposedly sexed. We ended up moving to a tiny town outside the larger city. It’s a brand new development and we were the second to move in. Around the same time, one of our chickens started laying eggs. We were convinced it was one ‘hen’ in Particular because ‘she’ would spend all her time in the box. After living here for a bit (we aren’t allowed to have roosters in the ‘city’ limits. We are less than 80’ from city limits tho), we heard crowing. Run outside and it’s the ‘hen’ we thought was laying eggs. We had told a couple interested neighbors that ‘she’ was our only egg layer, but it became clear when he was crowing. Now when ever he crows we run outside to try and get him to stop.

My wife is way too attached to give him away, so until someone complains, we call him our little transgendered hen. My wife doesn’t want to change his female name either.

2 Likes

Spent the day in portland… did get a 1.5 mile jog in this evening however. The last mile was more sprint and walk for 20 seconds.

That’s a good story. We had two female rabbits a bit ago until the big one humped the little one and we ended up with six rabbits. Lessons learned: rabbits take under three seconds to mate and the mother will find the worst place to have the litter (wife’s wardrobe, under a chest of drawers in a weave of hers).

2 Likes

Got a mile jog in this morning. The hit 5x5 Strict OHP at 135. Followed.by 35lb plate oh raises and Kb Press/push.

Despite weighing in at ~230, my arms look leaner?

2 Likes

More lean mass = bigger arms. Looking good.

1 Like