Dchris's Grappling with Age

I typically pack a big punch of fruit and vegetables on the front end, starting the day with a big smoothie of milk, blueberries (or some other frozen fruit), spinach, protein powder, collagen, and creatine. Of course I do try to get some veggies at lunch, and we always have a protein / starch / vegetable at dinner, but starting with the big green/fruit smoothie makes sure that I’ve gotten something in on that score if lunch ends up being a sandwich and dinner is just steak and potatoes, lol.

3 Likes

Morning workout
100 full KB Swings

Then 9 hours of moving dirt. Moved another 28cys of dirt today. Need about 5 more and I’m done. Then it’ll just be sod, rock, pavers and bark dust.

Wife snapped a photo of me working today. It’s always an odd feeling to see how tall I am. I am 5’9” but trapped in a 6’4” body.

3 Likes

What does that even mean? Haha

Maybe he means down under😉

Not quite… ha. Means I have the body awareness of a short person. ;).

1 Like

Yesterday morning I did some squats and KB swings. I was going to do a full legs workout last night, but instead hauled and set 100 paver blocks for a retaining wall in my back yard.

I was feeling fat last night (not sure why, nutrition was on point) so decided to go for a jog this morning. Went a around 3/4 mile. It wasn’t too bad actually. I hate running with a passion due to sports growing up and exercise induced asthma as a kid. After the jog, I hit 2x10x135 on squats and 2x5x225. Hopefully I have time tonight to really get after it. I ended this morning early as I was short for time.

I also made a change to breakfast. Instead of PB&J for breakfast, I made sausage, eggs and cheese on a naan bread. Hopefully the lower sugar and high protein will help with a little fat loss.

3 Likes

Had a thing last night, didn’t get home till late.

This morning:

100kb Swings

Axle Incline Bench
2x10x135
2x10x155

Alarm went off as I put 175 on. Time to make breakfast and get ready for work. Long day today of driving and meetings. Won’t be home until 8ish

2 Likes

Started off with another 3/4 mile jog. Today was wayyyyy easier than Tuesday. I could of kept going, who knew I wasn’t in horrible shape.

Axle Bench
10x135
10x135
10x155
5x175
5x175

alarm went off

2 Likes

Last night I got off work and spent 4 hours setting sprinkler heads and final grading. Wife was still gone so decided to lift a bit.

Axle Rack Pulls
10x135
10x135
20x225
10x315
8x315
10x315

This morning
1.25 mike jog. Easy… even sprinted the last stretch.

Axle Rack Pull
4x10-20x225

Alarm

I didn’t realize we ran out of rice on Tuesday, so I couldn’t do my typical mid week rice cook for my prepped meals. Yesterday, I fell off a bit with pizza and garlic balls. Trying to make it up with meatball salad now.

3 Likes

Is this with straps?

No. I switched to mixed grip at 315. I could probably get one or two double over with 315.

Rough day. No workout. Ate a pint of ice cream, drank four beeers and now sipping whiskey.

1 Like

Only just thought of mixed grip once I posted that. I’d like to try one of these axles.

3 Likes

I got mine off amazon for around $125USD. Can’t remmeber if you’re in Ireland or AUS?

1 Like

Another day in the yard. Setting pavers for a patio, which is essentially a hussafell stone carry. Carried form the store to cart, prowlers the cart to my truck, lifted, drove home, then lifted them back to place.

Edit: forgot the sixteen 50lb bags of sand.

2 Likes

My body feels beat to shit right now. Not sure if I’ll jog or do my scheduled OHP day tomorrow morning or not.

I did also remember that I’ve got floor level tickets to coldplay tomorrow. Bought the tickets a year ago and mostly forgot. Haha.

Noo there is no skipping of ohp!! , maybe you need a deload man

1 Like

Crazy fucking day. Got home from the concert at 2 am, then had an 8 hour meeting that started at 8am. Fucking exhausted.

Was pretty sad to hear one of my favorite artists died yesterday. Tom Petty was definitely top 3 favorite artists. Sad loss. Coldplay started their concert with a moment of silence then coveted Free Fallin’ before their setlist which was pretty cool.

Im pretty pissed I passed up two opportunities to see Tom Petty this summer. I mean, fucking A.

1 Like

Finally back at it.

Morning jog

Strict Axle Press
5x5x115 - as strict as possible

Axle SGHP
3x10

Alarm rings.

1 Like

Sorry, I had to.

Hope things settle down for you soon dude. Looking busy!

3 Likes