Dchris's Grappling with Age

Um, corn on the cob, uh, 14.7 grams of carbs each.

I assume you’re looking at net carbs, amiright?

For enough. Ya, something like 14 carbs. I mostly meant direct carb sources like rice, potato, pasta, etc.

1 Like

I figured.

1 Like

Friday
Back day

Saturday
Super sore from back day. Had baseball practice

Sunday
Super sore from back day and baseball practice

Monday
10x10 Incline Bench

Meh everything hurts.

House is sold and my sure-thing place to stay, until we build our house, just fell through. I have less than 3 weeks to figure out where I’m going to live. This would be super easy, if it wasn’t for having chickens.

2 Likes

Rough set of days. Decided alcohol, ice cream, candy bars, chips and salsa, and more alcohol would fix it. I think it worked. I’ll know for sure after I finish the bottle of JW Blue.

2 Likes

You’ll be right mate, 3 weeks is plenty of time + Johnny will look after you :smile:

1 Like

Training has been pitiful lately. Yesterday left my house at 630am and didn’t get home until 945pm. It’s pretty bad when I can’t even find motivation to do KB Swings at night or the next morning.

This morning I finally got a small workout in. It took 5 minutes, but got a good pump and heart rate going.

20 KB Swings
20 KB Goblet Squats

Repeated 4 times.

My weight at about 210 and I’ve had the same level of ab visability so I’m not gaining fat. I’m pretty much maintaining right now, which means I’m not getting better, which means I still suck. Ready for life to stabilize.

On a positive, we did find a nice place we are interested in. On the negative, property taxes are about as much as an apartment.

1 Like

Seven days without lifting… :frowning:

80lb Kb swings

5/rounds

Strict OHP
3x2

2 Likes

I did like 20 KB Swings this morning, then worked 14 hours. Came home and did 50KB OHP and 10 KB Rows… So… at least I did something. Hopefully tomorrow I can get a real back day in. I’m itching to actually make progress again.

2 Likes

Just did 5 triples with 225 on DLs. My form is in need of work. Wasn’t sitting well and my knees were slanted over the bar. 6th set I did 10 reps. Then had to get to work.

1 Like

This described my diet this past week. #NoRagrets

Anyway, hope things are going well dude. Sometimes you just gotta set training on cruise control and take care of shit out of the gym for awhile.

2 Likes

I’m hoping Friday is the end of it. That’s when I close on my house and move into my temporary living space. I’d kill for a Saturday off right now.

Woke up at 530 and started packing and taking loads to our storage unit. Then had two baseball games from 11-8. Just got home at 9, exhausted and ready to crash. Really not looking forward to work tomorrow.

Saturday (~14 hours) was spent repairing the petty list of items the buyers of our house requested. Each item took like 20 minutes to do, but had to make 3 trips to Lowes to get stuff. Such a pain in the ass.

3 Likes

Moving sucks.

2 Likes

Talk about a shitty day. Found out my next big project has been taken out of my hands. The client is uncomfortable with my lack of gray hair. They know I can do it, because I’ve proven myself to them, but they are concerned I’m young (mid twenties), although they think I’m mid thirties. Basically, I get all the responsibility of running the show, but I have to go through a middle man, who works work for my company. He’ll basically be the face of the project to the client.

Secondly, my gym got packed up to be stores at my parents. Kept a Kb bell, but no workouts until Saturday.

Thirdly, found out my sister miscarried.

Just polished off the last drops of some Blue label and about to eat a pint of ice cream. Oh well.

1 Like

Jeez have many more days like this and you may well get the grey hairs your client desires…

Fuck. Chin up brother.

1 Like

Put down the ice cream and pick up the kettle bell.

4 Likes

You’re getting some tough shit thrown at you right now but you’ll come out a stronger man on the other side of it.

Life is a grind. Grind on!

3 Likes

Signed papers today, moved out all my stuff, and Fuck me if my living room circuit didn’t stop working mid moveout.

Thank god I know electricians who like beer.

2 Likes