T Nation

Chris Benoit Found Dead

This news is tragic…

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

That is so sad. I wondered what happened? Wrestling is so fucked up.

Very sad news. Benoit was one of the best in-ring workers in the history of the business.

He was scheduled to wrestle last night on a PPV show, but left early due to a family emergency, and then today, was found dead. We’ll have to see what the police determines as cause of death. Apparently, no gunshot wounds were found.

Just a sad, sad day for all wrestling fans.

Damn! His wife and 7 year old kid too.

What a shame. I wonder if it was wrestling related, as in a hit or something.

Wow, just wow.

More info…

Details remain very sketchy regarding the tragic news today that Chris Benoit and his family were found dead at their Atlanta area home.

Benoit had been scheduled to appear on a WWE house show on Saturday. Sources tell us Benoit called to first say he would be taking a later flight, and then to say he would not be attending the house show due to a family illness. According to one source, Benoit said both his wife and son were throwing up blood and he needed to stay to take care of them.

At last night’s Vengeance pay-per-view, Benoit was replaced in his match by Johnny Nitro.

No other details are available at this time and police are on the scene at the Benoit residence investigating.

I turned on RAW just to see what was going on, and was floored by the news.

Guy was a great performer, great athlete, judging by the reaction of his peers, a good man, well respected and will be sorely missed.

The Canadian Crippler kills his wife and his kid, what an asshole! At least he killed himself.

investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead

I have always been a big wrestling fan despite the downfall of the WWE as of late.

But this was just freaking ridiculous. Raw tonight was a 3 hour tribute to the life of Chris.

I can’t imagine how everyone is dealing with this.

My prayers and thoughts go out to his co-workers and family.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
The Canadian Crippler kills his wife and his kid, what an asshole! At least he killed himself. [/quote]

They haven’t said who killed who.
he was supposed to be at a pay per view on Sunday, but rushed home due to a “family emergency”

it could have been his kid was killed, or the mom killed the kid, or an accident or something… and he lost it and killed her and then himself… or she could have lost it and killed them both and her self…
nobody is saying at this point…

seems the news assumes it was him and it very well could have been… but without facts it’s only speculation.

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
Hagar wrote:
The Canadian Crippler kills his wife and his kid, what an asshole! At least he killed himself.

They haven’t said who killed who.
he was supposed to be at a pay per view on Sunday, but rushed home due to a “family emergency”

it could have been his kid was killed, or the mom killed the kid, or an accident or something… and he lost it and killed her and then himself… or she could have lost it and killed them both and her self…
nobody is saying at this point…

seems the news assumes it was him and it very well could have been… but without facts it’s only speculation.

[/quote]

Have to agree. Remember Phil Hartman, from SNL and Newsradio. Wife killed him and herself.

Guess people automatically assume the guys in a "violent’ profession, he must be the agressor.

I don’t know for sure but the police said it looks like he killed his wife and kid. Now I know we’re all innocent until proven guilty, they’ll investigate, but he’ll never have a trial. I don’t think the police would come out and say it looks like he killed his wife and kid then himself unless it really looked like thats what happened. If he did do it then he is a fucking piece of shit and he should be remembered as such.

[quote]lawsonsamuels wrote:
Have to agree. Remember Phil Hartman, from SNL and Newsradio. Wife killed him and herself.
[/quote]

Well, Phil Hartman was also a genius and one of the greatest comedians of all time.

Chris Benoit was a wrestler. Wrestling historically is not a business that promotes, you know, stability.

No one should make the assumption of who killed who, but one party sure as hell is more likely than another.

nice… wtf??

WWE does a 3hr tribute to a murderer?

[quote]Hagar wrote:
The Canadian Crippler kills his wife and his kid, what an asshole! At least he killed himself. [/quote]

one thing to learn from your post. Some people don’t know when not to control their urges and outbursts. Perhaps a STFU timeout is needed?

[quote]EQTTRDR wrote:
nice… wtf??

WWE does a 3hr tribute to a murderer?[/quote]

We live in an upside down world. But who cares, he was a great wrestler. He still makes a great role model and we should honor him for his contributions. All sorts of high ranking WWE people came out tonight said he was a great man, so I’m sure he had a good reason why he killed his wife and kid.

[quote]Hagar wrote:
I’m sure he had a good reason why he killed his wife and kid.[/quote]

Worst. Post. Ever.

Wouldnt say he had good reason to kill a 7 year old, we dont know if he did though
Great wrestler but something must have been amiss to do something like that
I just wonder if they will drop this whole vince being dead thing
Sad though first eddie then him

[quote]JonP wrote:
Hagar wrote:
I’m sure he had a good reason why he killed his wife and kid.

Worst. Post. Ever.[/quote]

You know what? I think it’s called sarcasm.