Chris Armes' Log

Jun 7
ME Bench
Still working the ACE in. Didn’t track the numbers on the work-up, but finished with a miss at 551. flew off the chest (actually touched, too!) but with the sleeves so loose, they slipped and i lost it about 1/2 way up.

Tried raw bench, but kept putting it in my shirted groove, so said “Fuck that” and did floor press instead. Flat back, thumb knuckle in from smooth, worked up to 295x1, missed 315x1, then did an assload of reps with 135 (20, 17, 15, 7, 5, 5, 5, 5,)

Jun 9
A wee lil bit o’ GPP

6x10 tire flips
timed Sledgehammer strikes
100 in 1:35.5

Note: Waxymaize tastes like a foot that’s been stuck up a mouldy ass, even when mixed with kool-ade

Jun10
Skwats

Ace briefs in for alteration today (having 1" taken out of each side, should be exhilarating :P), so i wore the old grid-stitched t-rex suit bottoms clint was wearing as briefs for a while with the suit.

Worked up to 2 singles with 775. both were a little high, but for unfamiliar gear i was pleasantly surprised. ACE shirt and briefs will be ready for pickup on monday (flirting with the girl at the fetish store that does our alterations has its benefits ;)) so I’ll be able to see how the ACE shirt will really work.

Jun 14

Went to pick up my gear today but they closed early.
spent the day re-learning a raw bench groove.
did lots of volume but no real max work
This post is kinda pointless, in hindsight :stuck_out_tongue:

Jun 17
Squats

Finally got my gear back from our friendly neighbourhood fetish shop. The hot chick was there again, so I came to lift in a very good mood.

Squats
Briefs on
130kgx3
180kgx1
230kgx1
270kgx1
320kgx1
Right knee came in on this one, but was able to still stand it up fairly easily, which is an encouraging sign.

Added ACE Squatter (not gonna even add the fact that these were high as a motherfucker. At this point in my training, I just want to put heavier and heavier weights on my back and work on hitting the best groove in the new gear combo, regardless of depth.

That being said, I am still trying to get within a reasonable striking distance of depth. With my next planned full power, full geared meet not until May 2011, I have plenty of time to still get many, many squats to depth.)

320kgx1
360.8kgx1 (added 45lbs plate to each side, as we ran out of sub-50kg plates)
410kgx0

410 flew up on the standup, but to be 100% honest, i just vag-ed out. Kinda disappointing way to end a great session. That being said, I am very impressed with the work Northbound Leather did on my briefs; and working up to 21kgs shy of my best meet squat to date for a very easy single is a good sign of things to come.

Jun 21
Bench and Dead…lift?

First session back in ACE bencher since the sleeves got taken in.
worked up to a miss at 550, which disappointed me quite a bit. however upon reflecting on it on the drive home, i realized I’d made a fatal error in tonights session… I didn’t treat the shirt as a new shirt with a new groove (which given the new sleeves… it was) so I should have worked on lighter weights, finding the groove and breaking it in like normal.

Did some raw work against brand new doubled light bands. worked up to a miss at 205.

Decided to deadlift for first time in months. Have meant to on thursdays, but timing hasn’t allowed it with our squat sessions taking longer and longer.
Hit a conventional raw+belt pr of 465lbs and missed 475 at the knees. My previous best Conventional deadlift was 415lbs. I have it in my mind that if i can pull 550-600lbs conventional & raw, then i’ll be up around 650-675 equipped and sumo, so true or not, i will stick to that mindset :stuck_out_tongue:

Got my AWPC world record sheet in the mail today, so its apparent my drug test was clean. Also lost a small amount of weight today, in the form of chopping off part of my index finger at work :S

Last thursday,

squats, worked up to 330kg.

Jun 29
Bench
Tried benching in ACE shirt. still dont have the groove down, and with the missing fingertip from last week, couldn’t get it working.

JM’s
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
close grip bench
275x1
315x0

Sorry for the lack of updates recently. Took thursday off from squatting, partially by choice, partially because the boss scheduled me to work. didn’t sleep over the weekend, so today was draggin my ass a bit.

Bench
135x5
185x5
225x3
275x3
315x1

Ace Shirt on

125kgx1
185kgx1
225kgx1
250kgx0

Tried new groove on the shirt, flaring the elbows until it locks up then tucking. Basically a denim groove. with how the ace seems to be put together, looks like it should work very well for me, once i start getting some sleep.

JM presses
135x10
185x5
225x5
275x1

Been a while. Ive been real sick recently and its shown in my training.

July 15 Squats
Small crew tonight, so i didn’t fully suit up.
went just with briefs added belt at 505.

warmed up
Briefs on
325x3
415x3
505x1
555x1
595x1
645x1x2
695x1
705x1

counterintuitively the weights moved much better as it got heavier.

did some light suspended GM’s and called it a night