T Nation

Chrio's and Hormones

so i remember watching in Bigger Faster Stronger that you can walk into a plce and just say “uh…i feel like i have a hormone imbalance” and then the doctors will prescribe you some kind of hormone to counteract it.

i was just curious was it actually a chiropracter’s office where he did it? im not sure exactly what their job ensues other than back work so if i did it would the guy be like, this is the wrong place? or is it at least theoretically possible to do this?

In the video the Chiro had a physician write the prescription. I don’t really know the answer to the question though.

total hijack, but would you reccomend the video?

total hijack, but would you reccomend the video?

Yea it’s definately worth renting. I found it pretty entertaining and the information was mostly good. Check out the thread on it for other opinions.

/hijack

The movie was good. Watch it.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
total hijack, but would you reccomend the video?[/quote]

I enjoyed it.

full video is here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2670591054851050035&ei=I3ovSYaNKJycrAKa5ZSDBQ&q=Bigger+Faster+Stronger&hl=en&emb=1&dur=3

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so i remember watching in Bigger Faster Stronger that you can walk into a plce and just say “uh…i feel like i have a hormone imbalance” and then the doctors will prescribe you some kind of hormone to counteract it.

i was just curious was it actually a chiropracter’s office where he did it? im not sure exactly what their job ensues other than back work so if i did it would the guy be like, this is the wrong place? or is it at least theoretically possible to do this?[/quote]

Haha, Live wants to turn to the dark side ;D

It wasn’t a chiropractor’s office he went to, I think it was an anti-aging clinic. It’s just that the guy who worked there was a chiropractor. I think they chose to go to one with a chiropractor in the movie to show how sort of shady the whole deal is. I know there are places like that with regular doctors as well though.

And the movie was awesome.

[quote]Yossarian wrote:
It wasn’t a chiropractor’s office he went to, I think it was an anti-aging clinic. It’s just that the guy who worked there was a chiropractor. I think they chose to go to one with a chiropractor in the movie to show how sort of shady the whole deal is. I know there are places like that with regular doctors as well though.

And the movie was awesome.[/quote]

are they in MA?

just watching it the now

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:

And the movie was awesome.

are they in MA?[/quote]

No idea. I just remember watching an expose on it in some TV show or another, and they had real Doctors. I’m Canadian, so no experience first hand.

Go on the "over 35 " forum and you will see ppl reference some doctor that I believe resides in NE somewhere. He apparently is pretty cool about prescribing stuff.