Chorionic Gonadotropin

What is chorionic gonadatropin. Wait, I know what it is, what I mean is, what are the brand names its sold under? Is this the active ingredient in Clomid?

For those that don’t know (and to see if I’m right), chorionic gonadotropin is a drug that can be administered orally. it’s principle purpose is to stimulate production of testosterone in the leydig cells of the testicles.

normally, this function is performed by the hypothalumus which sends ‘make more’ messages down to factory by secreting leutenizing hormone (LH). leutenizing hormone evidently cannot be administered directly, for whatever reason, so chorionic gonadotropin is used instead.

now, when you’re on exogenous testosterone - think steroid cycle - your hypothalamus ceases to send LH because, well, it checks the dipstick and says “hmmm. full up, don’t need anymore”. after the cycle, the system is slow to recover, so, after your t-levels have returned to the normal range (300 to 800 ng/dl) or thereabouts, you can jump start the whole thing by taking chorionic gonadotropin, which, I think might be Clomid or the likes.

Can someone confirm this for me? Have I been a good student, or am I off?

Thanks,

RB

Google is your friend.

HCG is not administered orally.

Clomid is short for clomiphene citrate, a drug that has little to do with HCG, a hormone.

Ah. HCG. That’s the missing link. Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin.

Thanks. That’s what I was missing.

Google is useless if you don’t know what to look up. Occasionally, you just have to ask someone to get the simple bits to work out for you.

Thanks,

RB

OK. Because I have great respect in this site as a resource for those of use that choose the DIY HRT method, I will close out this thread with a reference that explains why HCG is bad.

Read the posts from Prisoner#22.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=736340

[quote]rubberbubba wrote:
OK. Because I have great respect in this site as a resource for those of use that choose the DIY HRT method, I will close out this thread with a reference that explains why HCG is bad.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=736340[/quote]

HCG will not cause further supression. That’s a myth, and if you do your research (again, google is your friend), you will find out that when combined with proper ancillaries it is actually extremely useful, though admittedly it is somewhat supressive when used by itself.

[quote]lmjudek wrote:
rubberbubba wrote:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=736340

HCG will not cause further supression. That’s a myth, and if you do your research (again, google is your friend), you will find out that when combined with proper ancillaries it is actually extremely useful, though admittedly it is somewhat supressive when used by itself.[/quote]

P22’s point was not that it will cause further suppression. It was that it will cause further suppression if you use too much, which is frequently the case with those of us that like to “fill the vial”. If you know what I mean.

In fact, HCG’s primary medical use is to take of the place of missing Leutenizing Hormone in men with secondary hypogonadism (meaning hypogonadism caused by the thyroid not producing LH when it’s supposed to).

HCG is useless if the Leydig cells cannot produce Test. Then exogenous test is the only option.

RB