Choosing WS4SB Exercises?

Alright I read this link… http://www.elitefts.com/ws4sb/WS4SB.pdf

I don’t see any recommendations on how to choose exercises. In one category for example you have both chest and back exercises, or both tricep and bicep exercices, and are asked to choose one. It seems like there is a lot of opportunity to be unbalanced.

How have some of you gone about ensuring that everything stays balanced and grows together?

Also, am I choosing a new exercise in each category every week?

You just follow what it says. If it says to choose one, you choose one. If it says to do them all, you do them all.

As for changing the exercise, i dont think the program has a specific time for changing things up.

Your ME and DE lifts are really the ones that need to be focused upon for consistency and variability. I would stick with these movements for 2-3 weeks, and then make a minor change.

So you might be doing flat bench with a shoulder width grip for the first 2 weeks, and then switch to close grip bench for 2 weeks, and then after that go to pullups, or switch to decline.

Rotate ME movements ever 2-3 weeks.
You can do accessory movements for longer 4-6 weeks. Chose on and stick with for a while.

I wouldn’t worry about arms. It is unlikely that you will create an imbalance doing a tri movement for 6 weeks and then a bi movement for 6 weeks. Both of those muscles get smashed from other work anyway so it is not like you are neglecting them. bi - Ever rowing movement. tri - Ever pushing movement.

I don’t see where you would chose a chest over back movement anywhere in there.