T Nation

Choosing The Correct Needle Gauge

Just took my second shot in the first week of my first cycle and i’ve come to the realization that choosing the correct needle gauge can save you some time, i’m using 23ga and DAMN!! it takes about 10min to draw and 10min(if not more)to inject.

Now i know your suppose to inject slowly but not this slow just a piece of advice to anyone starting there first cycle,use 18ga to draw and 20ga to inject unless you wanna stair at your ass in the mirror for 10min with a syringe sticking out of it

I normally use 22guage 1.5 inch for glutes…no pain…fairly quick

I inject with 25 guages, and can get the oil injected in less than a minute.

Drawing with an 18 is good advice.

Try heating the oil after drawing it into the syringe. I put mine in a heating pad for about 20 minutes prior to injecting.

I also draw with an 18 and use a 23GA to inject. All in all prep and injection time is less than 5 mins.

Just be careful with the 18GA. If you draw from too close to the same spot through the stopper everytime it can cause small particles to fall into the solution.

See YA

I usually draw with a 23g and inject with a 25g never had a problem with any oil based.

Also… you may want to take care not to lose your mind for a minute and stick with the 18… I did it once and trust me… it’s like a railroad spike… that was about 4 months ago… the hole in my ass finally healed over the forth of July holiday! The 1.5’s are probably best for getting deep into the glute… but I use 1’s since I hit a nerve once or twice with the 1.5 and it left me traumatized psychologically… :stuck_out_tongue: Probably would have hit the same nerve with the 1, but it’s a mental thing at this pt.

RJ is right in terms of the 25 and the heating pad… I have the patience of a pitbull… so I can’t do it… I use an 18 to draw and a 22 to shoot…but lots of friends swear by the warm 25.

Good Luck my friend!

Jet

i guess i overlooked the whole needle thing,i should’ve inquired about it seeing as how you all have great advice i’ll try heating it up first if not i’am going with a larger ga.

[quote]lu79 wrote:
Just took my second shot in the first week of my first cycle and i’ve come to the realization that choosing the correct needle gauge can save you some time, i’m using 23ga and DAMN!! it takes about 10min to draw and 10min(if not more)to inject.

Now i know your suppose to inject slowly but not this slow just a piece of advice to anyone starting there first cycle,use 18ga to draw and 20ga to inject unless you wanna stair at your ass in the mirror for 10min with a syringe sticking out of it
[/quote]

[quote]lu79 wrote:

[/quote]

Is your gear some bogus crap? I can draw and inject test cyp with a #29 .5" in less time than that. When I did use #23x1.5" it was very fast.

Where is a good place to get spikes?

I use a 20 to draw and 25 to inject. I don’t warm it up and it still doesn’t take that long. I never could just jab a needle into myself like a dart; I take it slow on the way in. I find that going in slow I still don’t feel anything with the 25.

As said, be careful drawing with an 18. Even with a 20 by the time I get through a 20ml vial the stopper sometimes starts to fall apart and little chunks get in the oil.

[quote]rockets60 wrote:
Where is a good place to get spikes?[/quote]

It was just covered in a thread last week. www.getpinz.com is the general consensus around here, and most everywhere.

[quote]Schwarzenegger wrote:
I use a 20 to draw and 25 to inject. I don’t warm it up and it still doesn’t take that long. I never could just jab a needle into myself like a dart; I take it slow on the way in. I find that going in slow I still don’t feel anything with the 25.

As said, be careful drawing with an 18. Even with a 20 by the time I get through a 20ml vial the stopper sometimes starts to fall apart and little chunks get in the oil.

rockets60 wrote:
Where is a good place to get spikes?

It was just covered in a thread last week. www.getpinz.com is the general consensus around here, and most everywhere.[/quote]

I prefer theneedlebeast.com