Choosing the Correct Eating Plan

Hello. My name is the camera eye. I am pretty strong. I have been training in the same pair of Chuck T’s since 1991. I sometimes make myself turn green at the gym. I like it when chicks thongs stick up over their low rider jeans forming a perfect whale tale. I am also a fat bastard.

I have searched the depths of this site and found so many feeding plans to follow that I need help picking one that will help me drop body fat while I do the GBC/Meltdown thing.

If you were 265 pounds, currently satisfied with your 1RM in the big 3, and wanted to get down to about 220, what diet would you follow? If I loose some off the 1RM that is OK. If I can keep strength levels the same as I get to 220, that is OK. If I can actually get stronger, well, lets just say my priority right now is 220 pound body weight.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Hi,

could you post how you eat right now? Meal frequency, macronutritient breakdown, etc?

Camera,

I would recommend the anabolic diet. See MDragon’s thread on this site. It is a great diet for maintaining muscle as you cut fat (not to mention gaining muscle with little fat accumulation). Happy cutting!

Todd

thanks for the replies
orion - i have not kept track in about 2 years and I eat when im hungry, which could be anytime. Consider this event to be a complete and total reset!
Im up for anything that works. So far, I think im digging the T-Dawg V2 but Ive still got some digging to do.

Ill also have to check out the anabolic diet as well.

I guess pizza and beer only gets you so far.

I recommend reading Dr. John Berardi’s “seven habits” article. That will give you the keys you need for a good diet.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

Good luck.

7 Habits is awesome!! I think ill start there and develop those good habits before embarking on a more advanced diet.
I love this site!!

[quote]orion wrote:
Hi,

could you post how you eat right now? Meal frequency, macronutritient breakdown, etc?
[/quote]

Good point, Orion! Diet history is important. If one tries to change too abruptly, he’ll have very low chances of long-term success. For example, we cannot jump to 10 servings of veggies per day if we currently don’t eat any. One or two change(s) at a time - say sticking with it for a month - is best. In fact, there are more than seven healthy eating habits (although imitating the popular book from Stephen Covey, IIRC, is catchy to newbies) so learn as much as you can and focus on dos, not don’ts when forming new habits.