Choosing Excercises For GVT

Recommend any modifications to my GVT program please.

Barbell rows and flat dumbell press. (chest and back)

back squats and leg raises(legs and abs)

standing dumbell press and dumbell curls(shoulders and arms)

The GVT calls for pullups and decline press for chest and back. It also calls for dips for shoulders. Is there a problem with the exercises I have chosen?

[quote]Hawkson101 wrote:

[/quote]

Don’t neglect the hamstrings in the legs day.

One of the GVT principles is that the agonist must be super setted with the antagonist.

IE: Bicep exercises must be super-setted with tricep exercises. Quads with hams, back with chest and so on.

[quote]The Grizzly wrote:
Hawkson101 wrote:

Don’t neglect the hamstrings in the legs day.

One of the GVT principles is that the agonist must be super setted with the antagonist.

IE: Bicep exercises must be super-setted with tricep exercises. Quads with hams, back with chest and so on.

[/quote]

OK I have a challange for you then. Squat and dont use the hamstrings and glutes. They are very much used in a sqaut and can be emphasized further by stance etc.

He is also pairing the agonist with the antagonist. Squats or deads the antagonist for these patterns is trunk/hip flexion, read: ab work.

Think about it If you wanted to do the exact opposite of the sqaut, you would likely do a haning knee/leg raise working in the exact opposite fashion flexing the legs and whole of the core/trunk in on itself. As opposed to the sqaut where you do the eccentric to a somewhat fetal type position and through force stand erect.