T Nation

Cholestrol Information on Label

Is it always the amount of bad cholesterol(LDL) or both LDL and HDL?
Thank you
p.s I apologize in advance it this was asked earlier. I did not find anything searching.

Cholesterol on food does not affect blood cholesterol by any substantial means.

At least, thats what the nutrition textbooks say.

It is dietary cholesterol, eat it.

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
Thank you
p.s I apologize in advance it this was asked earlier. I did not find anything searching.[/quote]

There’s no such thing as good and bad cholesterol and LDL and HDL aren’t cholesterol at all. They’re lipoproteins which transport cholesterol. It is also true that your liver will produce a few times more actual cholesterol than you will ever eat. Without all types of cholesterol and lipoproteins you would become diseased and die. Yes, the conventional wisdom is that bad. Do some research and here’s a tip. Find some from outfits that aren’t trying to sell you drugs.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
ghdtpdna wrote:
Thank you
p.s I apologize in advance it this was asked earlier. I did not find anything searching.

There’s no such thing as good and bad cholesterol and LDL and HDL aren’t cholesterol at all. They’re lipoproteins which transport cholesterol. It is also true that your liver will produce a few times more actual cholesterol than you will ever eat. Without all types of cholesterol and lipoproteins you would become diseased and die. Yes, the conventional wisdom is that bad. Do some research and here’s a tip. Find some from outfits that aren’t trying to sell you drugs.[/quote]

100% true. Glad people on here are on the same wave length as me.

I recommend anyone who is yet to be convinced of the benefits of a high cholesterol diet, or anyone who doesn’t fully understand it to pick up a copy of " the great cholesterol Con" by malcolm Kendrick