T Nation

Cholesterol & Oral Cycles

I recently (last year) did a short Anavar cycle of 30mg for 4 weeks.
Needless to say as a first cycle I was impressed with the progress acheived in such a short period.
I’m now considering another similar cycle and have been trying to get some more information on how detrimental Anavar will be on overall Cholesterol.
I can find loads of info concerning this but its always a bit vague.
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for levels to return to normal…if in fact they do.
I can’t remember the results of a Chol’ test last month but I know the results were good / normal.
(…and yeah , I know its a bit of a weedy cycle to say the least!)
Any input would be appreciated.

Anyone???

[quote]V12 wrote:
I recently (last year) did a short Anavar cycle of 30mg for 4 weeks.
Needless to say as a first cycle I was impressed with the progress acheived in such a short period.
I’m now considering another similar cycle and have been trying to get some more information on how detrimental Anavar will be on overall Cholesterol.
I can find loads of info concerning this but its always a bit vague.
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for levels to return to normal…if in fact they do.
I can’t remember the results of a Chol’ test last month but I know the results were good / normal.
(…and yeah , I know its a bit of a weedy cycle to say the least!)
Any input would be appreciated.[/quote]

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks Bushido
That covers off the liver issues which we know will return to normal values within approx 3 months…but what about the swing in cholesterol.

The liver does of course have a direct effect on cholesterol but will this straighten up as liver values return to normal ?

Cholesterol levels will not be very/if at all negatively impacted from using anavar. In fact I’ve spoke to a few guys who’ve used it for 8-16 weeks and had bloodwork done that showed little to no problems. Granted that’s not me reccomending you do that, however just something to think about is that I’ve never heard of anyone saying they had kidney or liver problems from using anavar.

Winstrol affects your good cholesterol very quickly and rather harshly. So staying at a sane dose (50-75 mg ed/eod) for not much longer then 6-8 weeks imo is safe and smart, so is gettting bloodwork done.

Drol and dbol pretty much fall in the same category although drol is more liver toxic then winstrol and I believe dbol falls in the middle. Eitherway 6 weeks and at the most 8 weeks is where you’d want to stay.

Like bushido pointed out milk thistle is very helpful as is ala and nac.

ALso if you have no health inusurance and really want to get bloodwork done to be positive then there are a number of online labs that do it pretty cheap.

You just have to find the one that works in your area. CA and NY seem to suck for participation though. NJ was a bitch but I found one. Here’s 1 link

preventivelabs.com

I frequent another board I can’t link to and have seen some posts as of late regarding this.

For a while, cycles with 100mg/day of anavar were all the rage on this board. Lately a few guys have been posting disturbing findings with their HDL & LDL after these cycles. One guy was apparently told by a doctor that in all her years of practice she had never seen such bad results from blood work and told the user he was a prime candidate for a stroke. Now, this particular indiviual had been on 100mg/day for 12 weeks if memory serves. He was asking for it. Plus, this may be a case where he got checked at an all time low he will fully recover from if he stays away from AAS for a while.

I’m sure Var can be used responsibly without these sides, as plenty of people have done it. It’s just that it seems to be thought of as 100% foolproof in some circles and is being used irresponsibly in said circles.

Just don’t go nuts with the dosage is my overall point.

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I will press on and get some blood work done after week 3 just to see how its looking. I don’t plan to run the cycle beyond 4 weeks anyway.
Thanks again!

100 mg for 12 weeks?

Stupid expensive.