Cholesterol Has Come Back High On Recent Blood Test

Hi
29/M
Current protocol is
Test E 50mg x2 per week
1/10th of a 1mg arimidex 2x per week.
This puts me at top of range on trough.
HCG - 400iu 1-2x per week.

My cholesterol has always been good on evey test I’ve taken, I have a recent one from May which I will post and also my latest from this month.

I’m confused as I haven’t changed anything but my cholesterol looks bad!
The only thing I did different was take this test on a peak day and in the afternoon rather than in the morning and fasted.

Do you guys know if anything to do with my TRT could effect these results?

Any tips on lowering it fast?

Thanks guys.
May -

September

Cholesterol, specifically ldl, is not useful if you’ve eaten within 8 hours.

You said you did this in the afternoon. Were you fasted that whole day?

No I wasn’t fasted, I had eaten that day, the test was unplanned and I got offered the appointment and test on the day so thought id get it done as I wanted to check my kidney and liver markers.

That’s interesting to know, if thats the case then I’m guessing I should retest in a fasted state and compare results?

Cholesterol Lipid Profile Numbers

The reason it looks bad is because you don’t know how to read the numbers.

Your numbers are actually good.

With that in mind, let’s break it down so that you know why your reading is good and how to interpret it.

To understand it, I converted it into the American reading of mg/l from the European measurement of mmol/l.

Conversion Calculator
http://www.onlineconversion.com/cholesterol.htm

Total Cholesterol: 5.49 mmol/ = 212 mg/l

The Total Cholesterol number alone mean nothing.

It is only relevance is in calculating your Remnant Cholesterol. We will get to that in a minute.

LDL: 3.69 mmol/l = 142 mg/l

Your LDL number alone means nothing. The determinate factor is of if your LDL is good or bad is if you have more good Particle A or bad Particle B LDL. We will determine that in a minute.

HDL: 1.26 mmol/l = 48 mg/

This number means something. A high HDL number is good, a low number isn’t so good.

You have a fairly high HDL reading, which is good.

Triglycerides: 1.19 mmol/l = 105 mg/l

This is an important number. Lower is always better.

Your Triglyceride number is in the good area.

Measurements of Cholesterol Health

LDL Particle Size

The determinate factor of if your LDL is good or bad, is your percentage of good Particle A or bad Particle B.

Physicians never tell you about this nor do they test for it.

However, your Particle A and B can be determined with your…

Triglyceride:LDL Ratio

A low ratio number means you have a greater percentage of Particle A. A high number means you have more Particle B. A ratio number of 2.0 or below is good. A number up around 4.0 means you have an issue.

Your Number:1.05 Triglycerides divided by 48 = 2.18, which is fairly good.

Remnant Cholesterol:

This is another important number. Around 20 is good. Around 40 means you have a problem.

Your Number is: 22, a pretty good number.

Total Cholesterol 212 - (LDL 142 + HDL 48) = 22

More LDL Information

LDL is necessary for healing and recovery. Thus, elevated LDL is good, providing you have a greater ratio of good Particle A.

Research show that older individual with higher LDL, providing it the good kind, live longer.

Higher Cholesterol Builds Muscle
http://www.statinnation.net/blog/2018/7/19/higher-cholesterol-builds-muscle

" Dr. Steve Riechman at Texas A&M University…people with higher cholesterol levels tend to gain more muscle mass.

“…cholesterol helps to build muscle.”

"…level of cholesterol…recommended by the American Heart Association is associated with the least lean muscle gain.

Side Note: Based on my/Kenny’s research from a multitude of sources, The American Heart Association is behind the times in their cholesterol recommendations. Current research demonstrate their recommendation are antiquated.

“…low cholesterol levels resulted in an actual loss of lean muscle mass - even though the trial participants were resistance training.”

“Another important point… there is an incredible need tor cholesterol during periods of recovery and the body can’t get enough of it at these times.”

TRT’s Effect On Cholesterol

TRT effects cholesterol to some extent, as does diet, exercise, etc.

However, the Cholesterol Numbers you posted are good.

Unfortunately, you just don’t know how to read/interpret them.

“Lowering It Fast”

1. Your numbers are fine. There is no need to lower them; you are in “The Good Zone”.

2. There no such thing as a “Quick Fix” for individual with bad cholesterol, who are over weight, etc.

No one with any kind of health issue got there overnight nor will they find an overnight cure.

Take Home Message

Invest some time in researching a topic. It pays off in the long run.

Kenny Croxdale

1 Like

Your numbers still look good, even in a semi fasted state.

Kenny Croxdale

Thank you very much Kenny!
That post was extremely helpful and informative, I’m very grateful you took the time to answer in such detail.

I’ll definitely do more research myself to better interpret these tests.

Misinformation

There is a lot of cholesterol misinformation out there. Ironically, most of it is being promoted by physician who haven’t caught up with the current research.

These physician continue to provide old outdated information on cholesterol that is incorrect.

The information that I have presented can be found online.

My recommendation to consider new information that is presented to you from everyone, me included.

Then “Fact Check” the information presented and come to your own conclusions.

Kenny Croxdale

Anastrozole can significantly increased the levels of total cholesterol and high density lipoprotein cholesterol and mess with your lipids.

My dose is ridiculously low, I over respond to it, do you think 0.1 milligrams would have an effect on lipids?

My dosage is very low, I over respond to it, do you think 0.1 milligrams would have an effect on lipids?

What’s your E2 level and what is the reason you’re taking it?

Your dosage may be very low, but you over respond to it and you might as well be taking a truck load of it. If someone who doesn’t over respond to AI needed to get the same effect as you would need a whopper of a dosage.

@KennyCrox,

Great info, but I’m confused. You divided his triglyceride by his HDL. Did you mean to do that?

If you ate or changed diet it will be high. Next time eat right for 72 hours and go fasted.

Yes, Triglycerides divided by HDL

Calculator for Triglycerides:HDL

Kenny Croxdale

Thank you kind sir.