Chocolate Beneficial to Bodybuilders?

I put cocoa in my coffee in the morning, mostly for antioxidant effects.

I sort of had a chocolate/energy bar during my workout once and it helped me get an extra rep in Military press and made what started off as a sucky workout into a satisfying session.

On a side note, impressive how you compose your threads and responses, I guess North American education really need to step up now.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think for 16 you have a good head on your shoulders…but that you also seem to think the world started when you got here.

Marijuana makes you sleepy, elevates the mood and allows you to eat more.

This thread could be fun.[/quote]
Are you suggesting experimentation with supplementation?

From my experience, mood elevation can be a huge factor in workout intensity, if mood is an issue.

[quote]Macmade wrote:
I sort of had a chocolate/energy bar during my workout once and it helped me get an extra rep in Military press and made what started off as a sucky workout into a satisfying session.

On a side note, impressive how you compose your threads and responses, I guess North American education really need to step up now. [/quote]
thanks for the compliment, my dark cheeks just stared blushing…i guess its just an innate desire to be the best, i have conquered my area now it time to conquer yours!!!
On a side note wouldnt it be wierd if i grew up to win mr olympia like…twelve times…well, i guess i can dream

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
From my experience, mood elevation can be a huge factor in workout intensity, if mood is an issue.[/quote]
yea your right, but i was thinking of using it to fall asleep after a workout so you can enter recovery quicker
and mood is an incredible factor, what music do you guys use? I like wale’s chilling,durela fight for you,ludacris get back,holding out for a hero from shrek and written in the stars. I did some strenght training today, and going down to four reps was the most boring thing i have experienced in a workout but these songs helped me pull through

Uhm…thats not gonna happen…but thanks macmade, you guys have been really nice. Appreciate the help

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I think for 16 you have a good head on your shoulders…but that you also seem to think the world started when you got here.

Marijuana makes you sleepy, elevates the mood and allows you to eat more.

This thread could be fun.[/quote]
Are you suggesting experimentation with supplementation?[/quote]
yea mix crack with pot, add some whey protein and throw in chocolate and you have a new supplement, i call it CRACKPOTWHEYCHOCOLATE, pretty cool hunh?

Do you know what else has tryptophan in it?

Any kind of protein. Just eat a lot of real food and be consistent in the weight room and you can’t fail.

[quote]kakno wrote:

Any kind of protein. Just eat a lot of real food and be consistent in the weight room and you can’t fail.[/quote]
not all proteins, just animal proteins, i stated chocolate cause its said to be one of the highest tryptophan foods, but anyhow what do i know? Am a rookie

[quote]Dex a.t.g wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

Any kind of protein. Just eat a lot of real food and be consistent in the weight room and you can’t fail.[/quote]
not all proteins, just animal proteins, i stated chocolate cause its said to be one of the highest tryptophan foods, but anyhow what do i know? Am a rookie[/quote]
By that logic, chocolate is either an animal or a carnivore. (There are plants that can synthesize tryptophan)

I’m not going to dig much deeper than this but the table on wikipedia says there’s 8 times as much Trp in egg whites and about twice as much in meat as there is in chocolate. Tryptophan - Wikipedia

So you can eat one pound of steak or two pounds of chocolate for the same amount of tryptophan. Guess which is better for a lifter?

By all means, have some chocolate now and then, especially at your weight. But don’t eat it for the magic tryptophan content. Just because SSRI help against depression doesn’t mean you’re instantly gonna get happier from some chocolate.

I was talking in context of sleep. Maybe after a workout you wanna put yourself out, large amounts of tryptophan should help you with that, but rather than kill a chicken, get something cheaper i.e chocolate or cocoa or wateva

Yo for fun, i want you guys to guess my measurements

[quote]Dex a.t.g wrote:
Yo for fun, i want you guys to guess my measurements[/quote]

4"

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]Dex a.t.g wrote:
Yo for fun, i want you guys to guess my measurements[/quote]

4"[/quote]

lol be nice

I mean chest,arms,shoulders,waist measurements

Small, Skinny, Non-existent, Narrow. Good job on the waist. Stop worrying about chocolate, eat more of everything.

Thanks for the comments, im sure they were helpfull(thats sarcasm in case you didnt notice)
chest 37
arms 12
shoulders 46
waist 28
i know its not that impressive but its not ‘nonexistant’

Get arms to 16" while still lean with your build is easily doable, and by easily I mean 1-2 years dedicated training and eating. That much I can say

Get arms to 16" while still lean with your build is easily doable, and by easily I mean 1-2 years dedicated training and eating. That much I can say[/quote]
yea, arms are a bit of a weak point, i have looong arms, but am starting to see some muscle definition…ill take your advice very seriously. What about chest and shoulders?