Chipotle Good For Bulking?

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Nate Green wrote:
The only thing I’d be concerned about is the 500+ calorie, high glycemic, white flour, bigger than Ronnie Coleman’s GH gut tortilla…

-Nate

Are you really that concerned about a flour tortilla?

If so, I think this is a good example of how people get too carried away with trying to follow a theoretically perfect diet. I’ll eat Chipotle, usually post-workout, and I don’t even go through traditional bulking cycles.

Unless your somewhere around 150 lb or less, a 500 calorie meal all that big either.[/quote]

I’m 130 at 5’ 10" and I have to eat 2 of there burritos with extra chicken in both to get anywhere near full. Then again I am 15…I love my metabolism.

But, on another note, I believe they include lard in there tortillas as well. And all the high GI carbs in there rice and tortilla, etc. But don’t worry about it as long as, like someone else said, you keep it in moderation.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
The killer on that is the Sodium. That is enough salt for three (1330) Double Quarter Pounders with Cheese (from the McDonalds site)
[/quote]

Wtf? Actually the killer on that is throwing 150g Cho on top of 50g fat. I wouldn’t worry too much about 3g of Na. That’s the least of your bloating worries, at least if you drink enough water.

On another note, if you were to eliminate all of the carbs, and maybe ditch the sour cream nonsense, you would have a decent pro/fat meal. Resaurant fat is never as bad as restaurant carbs.

Get a burrito bowl. Hold the rice, black beans, double up on beef (they charge extra) add corn, pico, and cheese…then I load it up with the tabasco chipote sauce…

Dj

FYI dont eat on leg day…unless you want people to think you s$$$ your pants…:wink:

[quote]djbige05 wrote:
Get a burrito bowl. Hold the rice, black beans, double up on beef (they charge extra) add corn, pico, and cheese…then I load it up with the tabasco chipote sauce…

Dj

FYI dont eat on leg day…unless you want people to think you s$$$ your pants…;-)[/quote]

You got the right idea. Maybe hold the corn?