T Nation

Chip Off the Old Block

i never, ever talk to my two little boys about lifting or anything. they are 3-1/2 and almost 2.

today, i was putting my oldest down for a nap. he looked at me and said “daddy, i’m going to be bigger than you one day.”

i laughingly responded “oh yeah?”

he calmly answered, “yes. i’m going to lift weights and win trophies, just like you.”

i’ve only competed all of twice, ever - and the kids have never come along to a meet. my heart is swelling with pride this afternoon…

i dont have kids and dont plan to anywhere in the near future. but thats awesome! congrats

Awesomeness.

Keep being a hero man.

That is so rediculously awesome.

Oh yeah! Well check out HolyMac’s kids!!!

Haha, seriously though that’s awesome.

that reminds me of this pic of my younger boy. i had forgotten all about it. he’s already pulling over 2x BW…

I want all sons, all built like linebackers.

[quote]GETTODECHOPPAAA wrote:
I want all sons, all built like linebackers.[/quote]

Same here. If i get a girl, Im gonna try to trade her in for a boy.

That makes me miss my dad.

Thats a very cool moment, thanks for sharing.

[quote]anthonycyee wrote:
that reminds me of this pic of my younger boy. i had forgotten all about it. he’s already pulling over 2x BW…[/quote]

My girlfriend’s 5 year old nephew weighs 40 pounds and can only pick up a 20 pound dumbell, so he’s only pulling 1/2 bodyweight. Your kid is looking strong, man!

You fellas who say you would trade in your daughter/want all boys have no clue. I was lucky to be blessed with one of each and there is NO WAY I would give up the chance to be a father to a daughter. And until you have one, you won’t understand so I won’t even try to explain it.

[quote]cueball wrote:
You fellas who say you would trade in your daughter/want all boys have no clue. I was lucky to be blessed with one of each and there is NO WAY I would give up the chance to be a father to a daughter. And until you have one, you won’t understand so I won’t even try to explain it.[/quote]

Yep - I have a 16 month old daughter - I wouldn’t “trade” her for anything in the world…

Agreed, my 3.5 year old daughter is desperate to come to the gym with me and I have also started to teach her to box.

She is going to be one girl the boys at school will not want to mess with!

My 6 year old daughter runs circles around all her friends and can do one armed pullups on the monkey bars. It is HILARIOUS watching all the fat kids try to keep up with her.

She’s gotten to the point that she hates PE. “All we really do is sit and watch movies.” Tonight’s the parent teacher conference, and I’m going to raise hell.

Anthonycyee-I hope my comment doesn’t turn this into a sons vs daughters thread. Looks like you got some great kids. Congrats on your oldest’s desire to follow in his daddy’s footsteps.

cueball, no problem. when it comes to kids, you just get what you get…i think that we all hope that our children take after us in some small way…

My daughter wanted to take one of her toys into preschool with her the other week. I told her that she couldn’t because the other kiddies would want to take it from her. She turned round to me and said “That’s OK daddy, none of them can catch me.” (She is about a foot taller than most of the kids her age here in Mexico)

My four year old son was eating dinner last night (chicken nuggets W/sweet potatoes) and he says:
“I’m gonna be huuuuge!”
He starts a the U of Michigan in about 14 years :slight_smile:
Also, when my three year old daughter eats she says, “I’m gonna be big like you daddy.”
Let’s hope not.
She’s gonna be the first female to make the Michigan football roster…mark my words.

[quote]UtahIron wrote:
My four year old son was eating dinner last night (chicken nuggets W/sweet potatoes) and he says:
“I’m gonna be huuuuge!”
He starts a the U of Michigan in about 14 years :slight_smile:
Also, when my three year old daughter eats she says, “I’m gonna be big like you daddy.”
Let’s hope not.
She’s gonna be the first female to make the Michigan football roster…mark my words.[/quote]

U.S.C ,bitch!!!

Pays their players. :slight_smile: