Chip Away (at The Stone)

New Log - new day!

still training at 5am on Tues/Thurs and in the mornings on Sat/Sun.

regular 4 day split, with an emphasis on Bench and Deads

I train Bi’s/Tris twice per week, one heavy day, and one for reps - Vikings gots to have big gunz, no?

so here it is as follows

Sat - Chest
Sun - Back
Tues - Shldrs
Thurs - Deads

I also have an emphasis on Cardio, my son and me are taking a trip to Iceland in June, that will encompass some hiking, and he’s challenged me to increase my cardio fitness and to lose some BF.

I am 6’ even, 225-230 - bout 18% bf. I could stand to get down to 215 and then some abs will start poking through. this is a good goal, however I am afflicted with gym psychosis - that is, I step into the gym and want to be the strongest guy there, and then I get home, look in the mirror, and want to be the slim/sexy guy that I used to be. conflicting goals, if you ask me - but whatever - I’ll keep motoring on.

I started doing my version of the Paleo diet, so far I’ve been able to drop 3-4 lbs of bf.

been dealing with some shit lately, moms broke her hip, she’s 77 and not in great shape - total mind-fuck when you commit a parent to rehab-nursing home. this has derailed me a bit.

I’d like to think that this log will keep me on track.

anyway - the title? Chip Away is an AeroSmith song, it refers to a person struggling against odds to gain teh affection of a hottie. but as a metaphor, it can refer to our struggle in any and all things, where persistence and preserverence is often better than skill or luck.

Thursday -

DL!

15 Min Cardio - heavy interval day - keep the eliptical toggled between 15-20 (20 is the max)
no abz ( no time )

DL
135 x 10
225 x 10
285 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 3 x 3 (with straps & belt)

seated curlz 35’s x 15 reps x 5 sets (ran out of time)

this is the first time that I waited to use the straps and belt. I want to work on some totally raw skills prior to getting belted - another one of my goals.

Sat - Bench.

[quote]Edgy wrote:
anyway - the title? Chip Away is an AeroSmith song, it refers to a person struggling against odds to gain teh affection of a hottie. but as a metaphor, it can refer to our struggle in any and all things, where persistence and preserverence is often better than skill or luck.
[/quote]

Well, it doesn’t apply to weightlifting. I’ve lifted harder and longer than almost anyone else, and still the gifted guys roar right past me.

Hello friend, following.

[quote]cavalier wrote:

[quote]Edgy wrote:
[/quote]

Well, it doesn’t apply to weightlifting. I’ve lifted harder and longer than almost anyone else, and still the gifted guys roar right past me.[/quote]

How the fuck do you know that you’ve lifted longer & harder than ‘almost’ anyone else? That is a asinine statement. Keep the jealousy in your pocket bro.

Wut up Edgeward?!

OMGGGGGGGG PRINT!!!

Err, I mean, oh hey print…

^Hey Sugarplum. How are ya? I sorely miss your sunshine!!

[quote]print wrote:

Wut up Edgeward?![/quote]

Print!

my oldest and dearest freind makes an appearance!

we miss you, doggie - you ever coming back to us?

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Hello friend, following. [/quote]

Hey SpockieGurl!

glad to have you around, any pointers for your favorite Viking?

[quote]Edgy wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
Hello friend, following. [/quote]

Hey SpockieGurl!

glad to have you around, any pointers for your favorite Viking?[/quote]

HMM… sure!

Band pull aparts = mind muscle connection for your lats! If you ever have issues with lat activation, whether it be for pull ups or bench pressing, band pull aparts are your friend.

[quote]print wrote:
^Hey Sugarplum. How are ya? I sorely miss your sunshine!![/quote]

Well I am just fantastic. Are you gonna stick around for a while, or is this just a guest appearence type dealio?

Keep at it so we can get the longships and become the SeaWolves and go-A-Viking!!!

ODIN!

YES!

So glad to have you back posting. The past 2 days have been rough. :slight_smile:

Man do I HEAR you about conflicting goals. If you figure out a solution let me know. I keep hitting my head against a wall in regards to being supa strong and maintaining a waist. Shits not easy.

Sorry to hear about your mom. :frowning: That must be a really tough on you and the whole fam. Hang in there and if you need any e-lovin you know where to get it.

Hey Edge-o-matic.
My Dad broke his hip a couple months back. He might end up in long term care as well. I agree that it’s hard on the old noggin.

I have the same conflicting goals. We should set up a support group.

And then score some test and make it happen.

Fucking love the title and the old school aerosmith! Sending good vibes for your moms…

Healing vibes for Mama, i know all too well when the parent/child switch happens…HUGS

Take it out on the IRON!!

Fischer - ODIN!

Lula - any luvin would be appreciated (wink)

GIT! - Bummer on the fam issues, no? Support Group? count me in~

Matty - Aerosmith FTW - thankx.

UP - Yeah, huh? (hugz) (grabs ass) what? I’m a Viking, what do you 'spect?

[quote]giterdone wrote:
I have the same conflicting goals.
[/quote]
x2. Oh wait. I’m hot and strong and muscular. Sort of.

Yeah, I went through the parent/child switcharoo almost seven years ago when my dad had a massive stroke. It hit me hard. Hang in there.

All sorts of stuff going on this log. Sorry about your mom, but she raised a good son (well from what I can tell over the internet)

Cool avi & song, me likey. Ya know its been agggeeess since I’ve listened to Aerosmith, ever since I lost some of my music.

And Mr. Print with doggie is back!!!

[quote]kpsnap wrote:

x2. Oh wait. I’m hot and strong and muscular.

[/quote]

hell yes you are!

[quote]
Yeah, I went through the parent/child switcharoo almost seven years ago when my dad had a massive stroke. It hit me hard. Hang in there.[/quote]

yeah, what a mindfuck~ thanks