Chip Addiction!

After years of eating a daily big pack of chips, I finally managed to give it up and started to eat clean. However, after having a pack of chips recently, I have been constantly thinking about chips. I feel this sudden urge/craving.

I need help, any suggestions?

Perhaps a healthier alternative, I heard glutamine might help with cravings.

Chips ?

Just stop buying them. Its really easy to not eat something, you just never buy it. Problem solved, Im a genius.

Whats your diet look like ? You might be craving fats because your diet sucks.

Stop it.
That’s ridiculous! Menopausal/pregnant women have cravings, you are just weak. On the other hand, if the chips aren’t harming you, keep eating them. CHECK YOURSELF into the Betty Ford center

Fried pork rhinds? Potato skins baked in olive oil? Seriously dude, get ahold of yourself man!

Are we talking shitty chips like Pringles or some badass Nacho Cheese Doritos? I mean, I could understand if it was some Doritos. Pile some beef on there, refried beans, sour cream, cheese, salsa, and if you’re lucky, a few shreds of lettuce. Damn now I’m thinking about chips too.

-Sab

The only kind of chips I enjoy are made of chocolate.

Of all things, chips??

At least lie to us and tell us you’re addicted to something worthwhile like beer, pizza, burgers etc

[quote]Westclock wrote:

Whats your diet look like ? You might be craving fats because your diet sucks.[/quote]

Here’s a bit from the “Craving Something Bad?” post over on FA.

"If you are craving OILY/FATTY FOODS, your body may be low in FAT or low in CALCIUM. If you are meeting your good fat requirements, try eating more mustard and turnip greens, broccoli, kale, legumes, cheese, sesame.

“If you are craving SALTY FOOD, your body may be low in CHLORIDE. Try eating more raw goat milk, fish, unrefined sea salt.”

Sluicy, is there anything on sweet foods in that thread?

[quote]G87 wrote:
Sluicy, is there anything on sweet foods in that thread?[/quote]

Plenty. Here’s the link. It’s a sticky in their “Recipe” forum. I don’t know if it’s ever been posted over here.

http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_model_body_women_training_beauty_figure_supplements_recipe/craving_somethin_bad_check_this_out

If you do not buy the potato chips they cannot find the way into your car… Then you can not eat them on the way home. If they are not in the house you can eat them. For an evening snack I have substituted sliced apples.

A food journal on one side of a paper, and the exercise lists on the back side is a great help. Every morning I take my blood pressure and pulse. Get up and pee and weigh yourself daily. You now have immediate feed back on how well your food & exercise worked yesterday, and guides you on to any needed corrections. Average things out weekly, and you know your progress.

the first step is admitting you have an addiction, you should probably seek therapy i think you have chipalitus

sluicy- Thank you for the great information.

archie- I feel like a woman.

Maybe I need to fine tune my diet. Right now, I’m carb cycling with 2-3 high carb days a week. I definitely did not bump the oil consumption on low carb days high enough, my 4 bottle of fish oil will be here in 4 day :smiley: combined with some flax seed, I’ll be set to go.

Man I’m with you…I’m seriously fuckin addicted to chips 2.
But my diet is pretty good…I eat enough protein everyday, high protein always…and i make sure to eat quite a bit of fruits/veggies that I put in containers everyday.
But like once a week I’ll eat a bag of chips…doritos, sun chips…shit like that.
I love it too

Usually I like to eat the whole bag at once so I feel a little sick/fat from it and then think it’s gross haha…and then a week later I want it again
But then again in my situation I can stop myself…so I don’t know if that’s addiction.
lol but it’s still damn tasty :slight_smile:

doritos + taco meat + cheese --(microwaved)–> ultimate goodness

oh sorry this was about breaking chip addiction. yea just uh don’t buy them. =)

or spend all your money on supplements like me so that every time you go into the grocery store you can’t let yourself spend more than 50$. that’ll keep you from picking up that $4 bag of chips.

Life is so tough.

Seriously, just suck it up. What Sluicy said may be true, and accurate, but come on now, just use some will power and realize that you don’t need to consume every single thing that you crave. It took me a long time to realize that I should stop looking for a way to curb every craving, and the answer was simply to accept that I am going to have them and to ignore them.

When people see my diet at work, I get comments like “Man, I could never do that, don’t you ever get any cravings for pizza and candy?” Me making replies such as “Yeah, but my desire to not be a blob of fat overpowers those cravings” has stopped most people from making further comments about my diet.

Go on a run right after you eat that bag of chips… you’ll never, ever, ever… want to eat them again.

At least thats how I did it.

My vice was sun-chips
or
tortilla chips and queso dip

believe me, a run will change your outlook on unhealthy foods.

Shit, even heavy squats can do it

[quote]counterfeitsoda wrote:
Life is so tough.

Seriously, just suck it up. What Sluicy said may be true, and accurate, but come on now, just use some will power and realize that you don’t need to consume every single thing that you crave. It took me a long time to realize that I should stop looking for a way to curb every craving, and the answer was simply to accept that I am going to have them and to ignore them.

When people see my diet at work, I get comments like “Man, I could never do that, don’t you ever get any cravings for pizza and candy?” Me making replies such as “Yeah, but my desire to not be a blob of fat overpowers those cravings” has stopped most people from making further comments about my diet. [/quote]

Picturing yourself lean also helps, as well as having a cheat day every 2 weeks for something to look forward to.

I have bookmarked this thread for chip recipes.

[quote]MikiB wrote:

I have bookmarked this thread for chip recipes.[/quote]

Haha! I find this thread funny.

OP - Help I can’t stop eating chips!

a bunch of dudes - Chips are awesome, here is my recipe!

same bunch of dudes - oh and btw OP suck it up you big pussy.
post more chip recipes

I’m sure it’s just because I’m a girl that I’m amused. Carry on. No criticism meant, either, I don’t keep chips in the house because I’m most likely not going to think, “ooh, I want chips. Perhaps I need some kale for this craving” when I see a bag of Lay’s. Lay’s ruffles. Yum.

I feel great now! After bumping up my fish oil/flax seed/olive oil consumption for a few days, I don’t longer crave it. Must have been one of those psychological i’m going crazy my food it talking to me days LOL.