Chinese/Japanese Tattoo

[quote]knewsom wrote:
My reccomendation:

Chinese characters look great - I can read and write some Chinese (hell, I can SPEAK nearly fluently), but I probably wont’ get any of them tattooed on me - I DO have Enochian tattoed on me, which is Angelic script - looks badass.

But the thing is, overall, just text makes for a pretty boring tattoo, I have text in combination with dragons on my forearms. I’d reccomend deciding on a symbol for Nicholas - something that you feel embodies him the best - his power animal, perhaps, or his moon sign. Find a way to relate that symbol of the embodiment of his personality to one that relates to your own, and plan a comprehensive piece that speaks to both.

Example: A bear and its cubs, A whale and a dolphin, a stag and the moon, a dragon and a wyrmling, etc etc.

In the end, writing is only a symbol - take that idea, and make it more abstract, in the end, it’ll probably be more meaningful, and more beautiful than simple text alone.

Good luck,
Kris[/quote]

yep yep!

I second that

his name means victorious. i guess that would be a good symbol. shit, i’m all confused now, thinking about not doing it at all now. i do not want his name spelled out in english i think i would rather see what one of those symbols vor victorious looks like and probably do that. i guess my next q is does anyone know where i can see symbols and stuff like that without paying for them first? i did 2 nd i did not like them, just do not want to keep paying everytime i just want to see a diff symbol

[quote]wheels wrote:
his name means victorious. i guess that would be a good symbol. shit, i’m all confused now, thinking about not doing it at all now. i do not want his name spelled out in english i think i would rather see what one of those symbols vor victorious looks like and probably do that. i guess my next q is does anyone know where i can see symbols and stuff like that without paying for them first? i did 2 nd i did not like them, just do not want to keep paying everytime i just want to see a diff symbol[/quote]

Try going to the library and checking through some books possibly. Or go to Google images, and search there.

Aside, that’s kinda bullshit, you can’t even look w/o buying? Never go there again. I’ve only looked at a couple tattoo flash sites, but they usually allow you to look, but they have their logo across the pic until you buy.

how’s about a tattoo of a hand flashing the “V for Victory”?

Ask your tattoo artist what they would reccomend - work with them - their job extends beyond simply inking the design into yer flesh… if you live in California, PM me, I can reccomend an INCREDILE lady who does outstanding custom work.

Hi Wheels
These are the characters, but my reading Chinese is a bit rusty as I only learned the new script, this is traditional but just to be sure ask an elderly Chinese if they are correct I got this from a Silk store in Shanghai called the good orient.
Fluffy

before getting anything in Chinese or Japanese, have a professional translate it or else you might end up with something silly. Chinese or Japanese characters can have multiple meanings

[quote]wheels wrote:
i’m looking for the chinese or japanese symbol for my son’s name. it is nicholas
been looking on the web and all the sites i saw will not even let you view it without buying. anyone know where i can find info like this. /? thanks

[/quote]

Japanese you will not get any kanji(Chinese character) for Nicholas. The best you can do is katakana which would be ニコラス(Nicholas). Or you could have the Kanji for the meaning of Nicholas.

Me=half breed.

My dad is Chinese, mom is American. We had a chinese joint growing up and all the time people would ask my dad to translate their name into Chinese. It’s not really something that can be done correctly.

My first name is Alexander, my middle name is Jay. Jay is my middle name so that i can have a Chinese name… which is Chang Jay (not at all pronounced the same way you would read it in English).

My suggestion, either find the meaning of your boy’s name and use the corresponding characters, or simply have it written in a cool ass way. Talk to you artist.

ALSO check out this thread that also talks about tattoos (has my top rules for getting tattooed) AND deals with the translation issue!

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1432749&pageNo=0

Good luck guy… and happy Chinese New Year

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
I am One Hung Low in Chinese and Biggus Dickus in Latin.[/quote]

Too bad neither translate directly into english.