T Nation

China's Humanitarian Side

These fuckin’ people are so nice

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/17/tibet.unrest/index.html

I have heard smatterings of boycotting the Olympics. I’d love to see that happen as well as putting a 100% tax on all Chinese imports.

China’s response here:

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZVaNj95dwVAqXz6ciwqiIaVtYDQ

It’s really hard to claim the moral high ground when people can throw Iraq, Abu Graib, Gitmo and waterboarding back in your face.

Well, “Cultural Revolution,”, “Great Leap Foreward” and "Tiananmen Square " right back at ya!

edit, ya know…I remembered writing that. Found it in the MORTGAGE THREAD ! ! ! Man, I thought I was going insane !

http://operationwordfish.blogspot.com/2007/06/what-ever-happened-to-tank-man.html

I did some digging and also found this cool documentary. It’s long, but interesting.

See…rarely a peep about the horrific conditions under which Saudi women or non-Muslims live. Nothing about the Egyptian police beating up people protesting shortage of bread. Nothing about the Western Sahara. Nothing about the Turks cracking Kurdish heads.

Gotta love the US-Chinese relationship though. The US comes off as the brat holding his breath and stomping his feet while China doesn’t even acknowledge him.

Interesting, nothing about any abuses from Lixy in the Muslim nations NOT allied with the US.

Why didn’t you mention Turkmenistan? Or Uzbegistan? Or Sudan? Or Iran?

Interesting that the Chinese supply money and arms to the dictators committing genocide in Sudan, and we have to constantly hear about the Egyptians and Saudis.

Hey, every thread can’t be about Iraq now can it?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Interesting, nothing about any abuses from Lixy in the Muslim nations NOT allied with the US.

Why didn’t you mention Turkmenistan? Or Uzbegistan? Or Sudan? Or Iran? [/quote]

Because obviously those are denounced plenty by Washington.

Those chinese are ruthless killing innocent women and children…

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Well, “Cultural Revolution,”, “Great Leap Foreward” and "Tiananmen Square " right back at ya!
[/quote]

They were all terrorists…

[quote]triple-10sets wrote:
Those chinese are ruthless killing innocent women and children…[/quote]

Terrorists all of them.

Maybe collateral damage.

Collateral damage does not count, collateral damage is the good kind of dead.

I do not see why nobody can understand the Chinese.

They have liberated Tibet and if only those terrorists and insurgents could accept that, violence would stop immediately.

Obviously these terrorists are to blame if the Chinese army, in an attempt to restore order, kills a few civilians.

I live in China.

The second link to the Chinese Report on “Human Rights Abuses in 2007” is hilarious. It was published by Xinhua, the national Chinese news agency which is controlled by and is the party mouthpiece.

Careful with your sweeping critiques of China. Blame the CCP, not the Chinese people, who are largely ignorant of much of what happens in their own country. They are no more personally responsible for humans rights abuses in Tibet than you are for the death of an Iraqi citizen in Falluja.

Also, I have lived in Tibet with families. They are just people. They are not some noble civilization nor are the Han evil barbarians. Western media tries to make this a small good guy vs. big bad guy thing. I’d like to see Tibet remain a part of China but governed autonomously, but if I am a riot cop and you attack me, I will beat you down, and I don’t care what politics are in play.

[quote]orion wrote:

They have liberated Tibet and if only those terrorists and insurgents could accept that, violence would stop immediately.

Obviously these terrorists are to blame if the Chinese army, in an attempt to restore order, kills a few civilians.

[/quote]

Clearly the Tibetan terrorists hate the Chinese for their freedoms.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’d be nice if instead of denouncing each other, each country instead put it’s effort towards getting their own house in order.

Of course, finger pointing is a lot easier.

[quote]Chushin wrote:
orion wrote:

Geez, you’re stupid.

What in the hell kind of rationalization is that?

You should be vehemently condemning China, but instead you spend your time… Uh, what exactly WAS your reason for posting this?

Oh yeah! You decided to try something different and criticize America and its people.

How utterly novel of you!

Dickhead.[/quote]

Your blind hatred of China and everything Chinese disgusts me.

Obviously you suffer from CDS (Chinese Derangement Syndrome) which makes you unable to see the humanitarian effort that is the Chinese occupation of Tibet.

[quote]lixy wrote:
See…rarely a peep about the horrific conditions under which Saudi women or non-Muslims live. Nothing about the Egyptian police beating up people protesting shortage of bread. Nothing about the Western Sahara. Nothing about the Turks cracking Kurdish heads. … [/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? We talk about that shit every day!

Can you imagine the shit storm is Saudi tried to hold the Olympics?

The Dalai Lama cannot technically resign as he is revered as the re-incarnation of his predecessor, but he has often suggested that he will not be re-incarnated again…His comments appeared to be designed to re-assert his moral authority and to quell the unrest that has spread to neighbouring Tibetan areas as Chinese forces impose a security lockdown on Lhasa

Saw this quote in the Times UK. How can he say that he will not be re-incarnated? Can a Buddhist consciously effect re-incarnation? Any Buddhists’ out there?