T Nation

China - No Country For Young Men

Highlight: “Our national ability to pick up chicks will reach heights unparalleled in human history.”

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=06d65840-0997-482e-a84d-b09b61a7b0e5&p=1

What, governmental coercive behaviors have unforeseen consequences with vast repercussions? Who would have ever suspected that?

In all seriousness, this means they are going to export more young males via legal and illegal (in the perspective of the destination countries) migrations.

Tons of men with no women?

Tons of angry horny deprived men are great fodder for a growing military… and with no families of their own they won’t have divided loyalties when asked to make sacrifices.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Alternately, should we expect an explosion in gay marriages?

What a mess. This is a recipe for war. I would be nervous if I shared a border with them.

I hear there are brides for sale in Thailand.

I see a wast market for Real Dolls.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
What, governmental coercive behaviors have unforeseen consequences with vast repercussions? Who would have ever suspected that?
[/quote]
Heh. Yep. Our point on the gay marriage thread.

Hopefully to here.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
What a mess. This is a recipe for war. I would be nervous if I shared a border with them.[/quote]

Only if they can’t immigrate. I don’t think something like that will happen b/c the young men can just make their money and leave for another country. This will make China even less of a threat in the future. I think they have around 100 million people in the “fighting age” demographic, and most of those are males.