in a previous post you said that if you had the choice to do only one exercise for upper body you would choose chin ups. following a sort of westside template, how would you change a ME/DE bench day into a ME/DE chin up day.
just as board presses, floor presses, dumbbell high reps on a stability ball, and incline press, are all ME exercises for bench, what would be an ME for chins? (negative chins, partial range of motion chins?).
just as with westside you choose triceps exercises to boost your bench (rack lockouts, nosers with DB or BB, JM press) what would you choose for chins? would it be specific biceps and grip work instead of two triceps exercises?
ME chin ups
1. partial range of motion chins
work up to a 3-5 rep max, cycle in a new ME exercise every one to three weeks.
2. barbell curls 3-5 sets of 8-12 reps.
3. grip work (plate holds for time) 3 sets, change exercise every three weeks.
4. db bench (incline, flat, overhead)
3-5 sets of 8-12 reps change every 3 weeks.
5. rear delt work 3 sets of 10 reps.
does this sound like it would work?