Chin Up

i just finish reading the “Keep Your Chin Up” article and i was wondering what type of schedule should i use for this program?

Don’t use that program. I tried it and didn’t get good results, as I know many others here have. There are a lot of better ways to increase the number of chin-ups you can do. It may just be the one less than ideal CT has written.

what would be a better program to increase my chin up’s?

read ZEB post called “ZEb on chin-ups”. It had helped me a great deal. The guy really knows his shit about chin-ups.

you could also PM Xen Nova. I know he’s got some crazy pullup/chinup strength.

[quote]Billmelater138 wrote:
you could also PM Xen Nova. I know he’s got some crazy pullup/chinup strength.[/quote]

I have in the past, and he is a great person to contact. He will help you lots. He uses a Westside template with the vertical pull with as the ME exercise with some modifications.

[quote]KombatAthlete wrote:
Billmelater138 wrote:
you could also PM Xen Nova. I know he’s got some crazy pullup/chinup strength.

I have in the past, and he is a great person to contact. He will help you lots. He uses a Westside template with the vertical pull with as the ME exercise with some modifications.[/quote]

Similar to Xen’s system is some of the stuff James Smith of Powerdevelopment Inc has on his site. He has an article on Westside training for the dip and pull-up–dynamic effort, max effort, repetitive effort.

But do you really need to get this fancy if you don’t already have 20 bodyweight chins and a chin with half your bodyweight in added weight? Probably not.