T Nation

Child Falls Into Dog Pen at Zoo

What Would You Do?

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/wild-dogs-kill-2-year-old-who-fell-into-zoo-exhibit-660660/

Do you jump in and try to save the kid?

I jump in and hope it starts some kind of. Primal survival bonding and inspires more people to jump in.

Alone?

No.

With 3-4 others I am in.

Against 10 wild dogs?

No one at the scene made that call, whose to say what they would have done after the fact.

Horrible.

The worst thing you could wish on any parent of a toddler to witness.

I don’t think I would have jumped in. But I would have shot them dogs dead.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
I jump in and hope it starts some kind of. Primal survival bonding and inspires more people to jump in.

[/quote]

You’re a vampire. Not a werewolf. The dogs would tear you apart within minutes.

Alone, hell no. Unless I had a gun on me.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

A Black vampire…

They needed Liam Neeson.

Sad story.

What parent in their right mind holds a child up on a railing that wild carnivores reside behind?

As a parent, this news is tragic and terribly heartbreaking, and I’m sure the mother will carry the guilt all her life. But I’m not going to pull punches when it comes to bad judgement.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

A Black vampire…

[/quote]

Won’t matter.

Dark meat is actually one of their favourite thing.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

A Black vampire…

[/quote]

Won’t matter.

Dark meat is actually one of their favourite thing.[/quote]

You just tryin to scare me…

its awful but the zoo is entirely not at fault, there were proper saftey rails up and the mother chose to lift her child over the rails. presumably she lost her grip on him or something but in the end its her fault for being stupid.

and in that situation there was nothing that could be done, those animals are extremely dangerous.

[quote]Skinystudent wrote:
its awful but the zoo is entirely not at fault, there were proper saftey rails up and the mother chose to lift her child over the rails. presumably she lost her grip on him or something but in the end its her fault for being stupid.

and in that situation there was nothing that could be done, those animals are extremely dangerous.

[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

x3 That parent being as stupid as they are would have fucked that kid up at some point anways, it’s shame one of the most endangered animals on earth had to die for the parents idiotic decision.

If it was my kid, i might have jumped in; if nothing else but to buy some time for the proper help to arrive and maybe save my kid. If you could get ahold of a stick or something and start yelling and acting crazy they might have backed away. They’re not lions…

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

x3 That parent being as stupid as they are would have fucked that kid up at some point anways, it’s shame one of the most endangered animals on earth had to die for the parents idiotic decision.

If it was my kid, i might have jumped in; if nothing else but to buy some time for the proper help to arrive and maybe save my kid. If you could get ahold of a stick or something and start yelling and acting crazy they might have backed away. They’re not lions…[/quote]

No, they’re not lions, but wild dogs are notorious for being the most feared animals on the African plains. Something about their relentless pack hunting methods.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

If it was my kid, i might have jumped in; if nothing else but to buy some time for the proper help to arrive and maybe save my kid. If you could get ahold of a stick or something and start yelling and acting crazy they might have backed away. They’re not lions…[/quote]

No, they’re not lions, but wild dogs are notorious for being the most feared animals on the African plains. Something about their relentless pack hunting methods.
[/quote]

Anything in packs has a increase in agression. Look at any riot that happens.

I would absolutely jump in, even if I was alone. I’m over 3x the size of those goddamn things. I usually carry around a 4" pocket knife; it’s not much, but I would take my chances.

[quote]Fuzzyapple.Train wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[/quote]

Agreed.[/quote]

[/quote]

Anything in packs has a increase in agression. Look at any riot that happens. [/quote]

Which was pretty much my point…

The kid fell 14 feet. I imagine he was dazed (if not unconscious), and his death was swift. I also imagine his mom started screaming immediately, and that may or may not have alerted the dogs. This is terrible all the way around, and no one here knows how they would react if put in the same situation. One thing that suck out to me was at in a separate incident 9 of the 11 dogs got out and were “missing” for awhile. Seems like this zoo doesn’t know how to “handle” its shit.