Chicken With the Skin?

I’m just wondering about chicken with the skin on it. Is it healthy to eat?

Yes. Even better fried from KFC.
I’m only kidding. It won’t kill you unless its fried and covered in trans fat.

I prefer boneless/skinless chicken breasts.

Gerdy

Rotisserie chicken w/ skin is tasty…I think the skin is fatty but if it fits in your calories/macros I don’t think there’s anything really bad about it.

Excellent for protein and fat meals. The fat is pretty even between saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated. To balance the omega3:6 ratio have 15g of milled flax and a few fish oil pills. Add some vegetables and you have an excellent meal.

I have eaten 3 chicken legs today already, done at 350 degrees, 1 hour 40 minutes. All had different combinations of fresh herbs and spices atop.

I usually make skinless chicken breasts. Lately, I’ve been making beer can chicken on Sundays, which has the skin. Its delicious, and I eat the skin.

Heres a link I found for chicken w/ skin, roasted, if you are weighing your food and counting your calories:
http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20BH.html

I don’t see a problem with eating chicken skin if it doesn’t interfere with your diet. If the chicken is cooked right, the skin can be VERY tasty and even enhance the overall flavor of the chicken.

Removing the skin from chicken is prob as bad as throwing out egg yolks.

No, I guess throwing out egg yolks is clearly worse but chicken skin has plenty of important nutrients – balanced fats, vitamin A etc – so remove the biscuits and dinner rolls first, if you must remove anything.

[quote]Peter Orban wrote:
Excellent for protein and fat meals. The fat is pretty even between saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated. To balance the omega3:6 ratio have 15g of milled flax and a few fish oil pills. Add some vegetables and you have an excellent meal.

I have eaten 3 chicken legs today already, done at 350 degrees, 1 hour 40 minutes. All had different combinations of fresh herbs and spices atop.[/quote]

I’ll second the chicken legs. Man, now that grilling season’s here, I will be eating mass quantities of those things. You can’t beat the price for the volume. I purchased a package of 10 legs this weekend for $2.50.

cueball