Chicken Liver Recipes

does anyone have any good recipes for beef or chicken liver?

No, and here’s why.

Warning:

Liver might contain high amounts of heavy metals and other contaminants that tend to accumulate in liver tissue. For those reasons, liver should not be eaten too often. If you feel you aren’t getting enough iron in your diet, I’d just take a supplement.

Plus, I can’t even stand the smell of it cooking. Just sayin…

Bullocks. Buy liver from a small, local operation, and eat it once a week! Your body will thank you.

“One of the roles of the liver is to neutralize toxins (such as drugs, chemical agents and poisons); but the liver does not store toxins. Poisonous compounds that the body cannot neutralize and eliminate are likely to lodge in the fatty tissues and the nervous system. The liver is not a storage organ for toxins but it is a storage organ for many important nutrients (vitamins A, D, E, K, B12 and folic acid, and minerals such as copper and iron). These nutrients provide the body with some of the tools it needs to get rid of toxins.”

http://westonaprice.org/foodfeatures/liver.html

That said, the link (above) features this recipe from a Middle Eastern cookbook. I found it very simple and tasty:

(Note: Substitute coconut oil or ghee for the sesame oil, as they have a better fatty acid profile.)

Mufarraka

14 ounces chicken livers
14 ounces chicken gizzards
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sesame oil for frying
1/4 cup lemon juice

Bring 3 cups water to a boil with 1/8 teaspoon salt, add gizzards and simmer 50 minutes. Near the end of this time, bring another 3 cups water and 1/8 teaspoon salt to a boil and cook livers in it 3 minutes. Drain both, cut into 1/2-inch by 1/2-inch pieces, put into a bowl and mix with egg yolks and spices. Heat oil and fry the mixture about 4 minutes, sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
Bullocks.
[/quote]

Cheeky fellow ;^)