Chicken Legs help

[quote]Pudgers wrote:
if your genetics are shit for legs, your legs will be shit.
[/quote]

Yes infact this is half true. Half true in a way that they wont stay skinny forever. It’ll just take a while. 2 of my friends after only working out for 6 months have huge upperbodies but are struggling to build calf muscles. They do many exercises for legs and calves. Yet I only do squats and have never done calf exercises my legs are bigger than all my friends.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
You shouldn’t be worrying about powerlifting meets now, you should be focusing on leg training, and the rest of your body. Simply put, pick 2-3 exercises that you feel in your quads, hams, and calves, and get a LOT stronger at them over the next year. So maybe front squats, leg press, leg extensions, romanian deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, leg curls, and some calf raise variations. At 150+ lbs to what you can front squat and do 15 reps on romanian deadlifts with, and your legs WILL be bigger. Don’t over-complicate shit. [/quote]

[quote]Bellmar wrote:
Hey H4M, are you back from deployment yet?

And on the topic of leg training, I would train legs twice a week. You could have one day devoted to quads (f. squats, lunges, leg press, ect) and the other to hamstrings (sumo dls, romainian dls, leg curls, glute-ham raises). Also be sure to train some calves on both days as they seem to respond well to frequency.

Alternatively you could split your volume for quad and hamstring work in half and do some of both on both days.[/quote]

Not back for about another 4 months, I’ve just been sticking to posting mostly in the BOI and sometimes bodybuilding forums, due to lack of time.

And this training approach (splitting up into quad and hammie dominant or exclusive days is one good option for leg training, for sure. It’s what I’m using right now.