Chicken Legs FTW

squat 3x245, 2x275, 1x295, 305, 315 5x275
Pause Squats 2x275, 2x3x245
RDL 10x13, 10x185, 5x225

decent morning, give it B+ 315 was plenty deep , some knee cave though that’s just being lazy and scared!

Peace

Scared is good. What’s a knee cave?

I am with PG. Disdain is worth a few extra pounds.
Unfortunately, mine are around my waist, not on the bar.

Squats are looking good. How did the 315 feel?

What is the date again?

Biker, my knees move in towards in other like they want to kiss.

315 unracking felt great, my descent was good , pace and depth wise…I’ve slowed down on my descent considerably ( due to the paused squats and the confidence at the bottom), when I started back up I just got lazy and let my knees cave in … it was work to get it up but it wasn’t horrific… I think that will be my 3rd attempt at the meet. Ill do it again next week ( last heavy day) and compare the two and make a final decision on my squat attempts. I’ll need the 315 to have any shot at 1K…

The date is 4/23… the weigh in is now 6-7am and lifting starts at 8…much closer to my wheel house than most ! I just cant find a 4am meet…damn

If the lifting started at 4a.m., you would decimate everyone! It wouldn’t even be fair.

That is an early weigh-in! Good luck to you!

Thanks Skip and KP… Skip maybe I’ll start my own Federation; that’s what everyone seems to do!

why do I get out of bed for this crap day

Incline Tmill 22 min
foam/ stretchy
Pallof Press with OH Ext 2x8sidex50
half kneeling cable chop 10sidex60,70,80
back ext 2x15

Peace

Awaiting some PRs here too. You’ve got them in you.

Fighting through all the crap is all the fun.

Biker…me too ! GV- indeed sir.

Paused BP 3x225, 3x250, 1x260
CGBP Paused 3x3x225
Pendlay row 5x135, 3x185, 3x5x135
squeeze press 2x12x40s
rope hammer curl 2x10x80 slow

I think I’m going to open at 250 on bench…one more legit BP day next week and then I’ll decide. the roster for the meet was posted yesterday…I’m alone in my weight/age class…sucks, but I cant control that.

BP work was a good B+

Peace

1000#+…here you come! Looking good!
Almost there…

OG, you were asking about a mono in GV’s log.

Have 2 at our gym. Monos make it easier than walking out weight.

Make sure you get the rack height where you need it. The hooks should adjust in/out. Put them in spot that allows you to set your hands.

Set up with your feet directly under or slightly ahead of the bar.

Set your feet, arch/stand up with bar, squat. Get white lights, shake hands with the judges. Set PRs.

You can re-rack the weight, if something isn’t right, provided you hadn’t started to descend.

Also, you can walk the weight out of the mono. Just make sure the spotters know before unracking the weight. Double check this during the rules meeting.

Bask in the glory, while standing alone on the podium, after your 1st place showing. That’s what I did :slight_smile:

Lets go go go…

Watching for your results to be a great day and lot of fun. There is always the victory of accomplishment and seeing your work come to fruition.

Two weeks from today we’ll be basking in the glory of our meet results. Right? My son is the only teen in his weight class. I’ve got a couple other guys in my weight class. Give me a little incentive. And I’ve never used a monolift before either.

I just mapquested and its only an hour from my place. How far are you having to drive?

Thanks again, Hawk…
Z Man…I’m going as far as his bag of bones will carry me
GV- Thanks GV as always appreciate your support
Steve- I will enjoy watching you and your son crush it! I have about an hour and 45-50 minutes drive. So I can actually sleep in !!

Last DL day

3x315, 1x355, 2x395 (My grip was going on the last rep, did a lot of yard work yesterday and I could tell) 2x3x315 no belt
Trap bar 3x325, 3x355, 2x1x375
Pull throughs 2x12x150

Nice deads…
Any idea what your openers are going to be…besides bench?

Nice deads. Kick ass at your meet.