Chicken Legs FTW

Better to get those days out of the way now.
Still looking good, though. And still getting the work in.

Whose meet prep template are you using?

Hey Skip , I was thinking the same thing !

Using Paul Carter’s 8 week template. You start out at 80% of Training Max for a single and then progress up from there. With squats you hit 100%of training max x3 in week 7, deload week 8, meet week 9… its simple so I hope not to screw it up…I was just disappointed this AM, I was feeling good, good energy, good attitude but zero pop…so this week is 85%…next week will be 90%

I’m keeping it simple with the meet prep. Just linear progression. Did you get some kind of confirmation about the meet? They cashed my checks so I assume I’m all set.

Steve- no confirmation… that’s the sucky thing about mailing in the paperwork…if it was online you submit , print out a receipt …done… but they cashed our checks so you should be all set.

refresh Cond/core day

Incline Tmill walk 25 min
Stat Bike 12 min

foam, stretchy, bird dogs, thoracic ext, 3rd world squats with 30 sec hold, side planks, straight am pulldown,

deep tissue today…ouch

Peace

Wow. Epic old fogie event upcoming. Pics and vids for sure!

A big day coming up in our geriatric forum.

PG nice of you to stop by!
GV for NHLFTR… I’m just cannon fodder

Week2 cont

Pause BP 3x195, 2x215, 1x225, 13x190
Pendlay Row 8x145, 155, 165, 6x175
Pause CGBP 3x225, 2x235, 1x240
dips 3x10
motorcycle row 10x50, 2x8x60
facepull 3x10x80

I give this a B
Peace

I just learned how to spell “fogie”. Amazing. This thing reads like you’ll be carrying this geriatric forum’s banner in your meet. Make us proud.

Great to see so many of us competing next month.

Good luck to you!

old people gonna tear it up.
cant wait to read about your meet.

I was kind of hoping you would step in…

more likely that I’ll tear up!

Thanks kid, and good luck to you as well…

Cond/core/do as you will day…

Incline Tmill walk 8 min
Stat Bike Intervals 5 min warm up, 15 min intervals ( 20/40), 5 min cruise
planks, thoracic ext, pullaparts, half kneeling cable chops, walking lunges, some single leg balance stuff

Peace

OG, a close grip bench press @ 240 is good for any age. if you’ve got the guts to enter a meet, then your brain’s already decided you’ve easily got the strength for it. Show them you’re one strong dude. I’m rooting for you.

Thank you sir, that is most kind.

Conv DL 5x225, 4x315, 3x345,(belt) 2x365, 1x375, 2x5x300 ( beltless)
Pause squatz 5x135, 3x225, 1x245, 3x225, 3x135 ( with a 10sec pause)… 10 sec is half a life time in the hole.did these right at parallel

Incline Pause BP 3x205, 5x1x225

Today was a B+… things felt right DL wise…Good speed…good hip snap

Going to meet dear friend for lunch , have beer, trade work stories and few laughs…

My daughter was home last night, she had an interview in Boston with the Celtics for a summer internship so she came home instead of going back to school…made a bad week for me turn awesome!

Peace

Sounds like a good weekend OG. Enjoy!

How could life be better…good news for your child, great lifting and being strong, and beer and laughs-that’s good living.