Chicken Legs FTW

Good write up OG. So you know you have room to move up squatting, I have had the exact same experience benching more than once including my last meet. The percentage of people going 3 for 3 benching always seems to me to be lower than for the other two lifts so I think it is a fairly common occurrence.

What you describe on your third pull is also pretty common. Getting this one under your belt should help you next time on the pulls. Again congratulations on a strong first meet.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Congratulations, Paul!

Glad you got your 1st one done and still have a shiny goal to go after. You already have 1000# in you. It’ll be there for the next one!
And with 2 successful DL’s under your belt, there was nothing foolish about going for it on the 3rd. After all, 1000# is the goal!

Great job![/quote]

Thanks Big Man…appreciate you pushing me

[quote]DBasler wrote:
Good write up OG. So you know you have room to move up squatting, I have had the exact same experience benching more than once including my last meet. The percentage of people going 3 for 3 benching always seems to me to be lower than for the other two lifts so I think it is a fairly common occurrence.

What you describe on your third pull is also pretty common. Getting this one under your belt should help you next time on the pulls. Again congratulations on a strong first meet. [/quote]

Dave you have been great in your support… much appreciated!

semi sumo DL 5x275, 3x295, 2x315
pause squat 3x225, 2x245,2x1x255
rope hammer curls 12x60, 10x70, 10x80

just moving body parts this week…

Peace

Good work in here man .
What was your weight for the Meet?
Are you still training those kids ?

Sorry I’m so late but great job at the meet and nice write up too. Please feel positive about your performance because it looks like you took a conservative and rational approach with choosing your attempts and executing well. Everyone that competes knows that things don’t always go as planned and for your first meet I will say you did excellent. Hope you enjoyed the experience and you do many more meets.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:
Good work in here man .
What was your weight for the Meet?
Are you still training those kids ?

[/quote]

Mr Fischer its good to have you back in the hood. I weighed in at 175… As far as the kids I believe you are thinking of OP ( Oldman Powers)andhe hasn’t been seen in these parts forever.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Sorry I’m so late but great job at the meet and nice write up too. Please feel positive about your performance because it looks like you took a conservative and rational approach with choosing your attempts and executing well. Everyone that competes knows that things don’t always go as planned and for your first meet I will say you did excellent. Hope you enjoyed the experience and you do many more meets.[/quote]

GV coming from a strong ass dude like you with your experience on the platform…thanks for the pre-meet advice and all the encouragement especially
the above.

Pause BP 2x235, 2x245,1x255, 5x225
Incline neutral DB 2x10x50s
facepulls 3x10x80
rope pushdowns 2x10x80 slow , huge pump

I’ll get back to working starting Sat, until then just whatever moves me.

Has it really been forever?
I still lurk on y’all now and then.
I think you did fantastic and you’ve got more in the tank.
Congrats on the meet old goat.

[quote]bagofbro wrote:
Good work at that meet!

nice job indeed
[/quote]

Thanks Kev,

Sorry I’m so late with my congratulations on your meet. I’m sure you’ll break 1000 next meet.

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:
Has it really been forever?
I still lurk on y’all now and then.
I think you did fantastic and you’ve got more in the tank.
Congrats on the meet old goat.[/quote]

Well,well,well…OP how are you man? I hope all is well for you and yours…

Thanks for stopping by

Tmill 20min
stat bike 20 min
stretchy
foam roll
CGBP Paused 5x185, 4x205, 2x215
stretchy

Peace

[quote]NHLFTR wrote:
Sorry I’m so late with my congratulations on your meet. I’m sure you’ll break 1000 next meet. [/quote]

Thanks Steve,

Well dang it. Stopped by to say ‘thanks for the stop by’ and there’s your meet write up! Cool man, great job.

Sounded like a dreadfully long event.
Thanks for the encouragement.
ERIC D.

Thanks Z man

DL 3x315, 3x345, 2x355, 1x365, 1x375, 1x385 all beltless
semi sumo 3x315, 2x335, 1x355 all beltless
pullthroughs 10x150, 10x170, 7x200

that was enough, to many beers last night…those are beltless PRs for whatever that’s worth!

Peace

Pause Squats (3sec pause) 5x185, 3x205,3x225, 2x235 2x5x135 all no belt
deadhang chins 5x5
BBcurl ( super slow ) 6x65, 6x75, 4x75

Peace…

Pause BP 7x225, 3x235, 2x245, 255, 5x225
rope pushdowns 2x12x60 ( slow)
pendlay rows 2x5x135

kept getting a jolt on the inside of my elbow so I tapped out…

Peace

[quote]bagofbro wrote:
good pressing.

hopefully that jolt on the elbow is a fluke.
Ive been having sucess with banded pushdowns
and sticky elbow stuffs[/quote]

Thanks Kev,Ahhh band pushdowns must try those…thanks again