Chicken Legs FTW

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Two more weeks… Cool!
You’re gonna do great!

Look like good openers.
Tell them to webcast it![/quote]

I’m pretty sure it would be considered cruel and unusual punishment to see my chicken legs in a singlet! Thanks for the support Big Man.

tmill, foam, stretchy, dislocates

Pause BP 3x245, 2x255, 1x260, 2x5x225 ( long pause)

Peace

time to go walk the gorillas, throw some tomahawks and watch some football…oh shit I’m supposed to clean the gutters today…damn it, I hate that job!

Skinny legs moving weight others can’t imagine lifting are strong legs. If we can’t get a video can we get a still picture of you benching? Have fun and kick butt.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Skinny legs moving weight others can’t imagine lifting are strong legs. If we can’t get a video can we get a still picture of you benching? Have fun and kick butt. [/quote]

Thanks my good man, a buddy of mine is coming to hang out for the meet. He can snap some pictures. Maybe run a video off my phone…

T mill, foam, stretchy, dislocates

Squats 2x255, 1x275, 3x300, 3x1x300 (Did these just to be comfortable)
Pause Squats 2x3x225

Peace

Did I forget or do you know what your openers will be?

Did I forget or do you know what your openers will be?[/quote]

GV-Now your acting as old as me!!! Just kidding brother.

Sq 275, BP 250, DL 375

Looks like you have a great plan to set in motion. I am eager to see the results.

Looks like you have a great plan to set in motion. I am eager to see the results. [/quote]

Thanks GV, very much appreciated

tmill foam stretchy, dislocates

Pause BP 2x225, 3x255
facepulls 2x12x80

that was the last real session… so i’ll go in Tuesday and just hit the lifts very light and wait for meet day…

Peace

Nice work OG. You are ready. Have fun and good luck.

Wow! It’s almost time. Good luck and make the most of your first meet. Looking forward to the video.

Thanks Dave and KP you guys have been great.

went in, did light stuff just to stay in the groove…will stretch and foam roll over the next 3 days and then its party time

Peace

Happy Turkey Day.

meet report : 24 lifters, 6 hours including weigh in…I went 7 for 9 and totaled 980… watched a 25 yr old in the 242 class pull 625 double overhand.I think his ass and quads weigh more than I do. so I pretty much decided right there that I would take up knitting. there were many impressive lifters; so that I appreciated.

There were 2 other cool moments: a 72 year old pulling 425. And a female lifter weighing 148 doing DL for reps at BW… 46 reps in 60 seconds…I wanted to marry her, but I don’t think my wife is open to that type of thing…maybe I should ask to be sure!

Did I enjoy it ( boy I hope Snap doesn’t read this) ? It was ok …a lot of time for 24 lifters, got kinda boring…and the death metal or whatever the Frig it was at 100db was friggin annoying ( no offense to anyone who listens to that style its just not for me especially 5 hours of it)…will I do it again? yup…have to the get the stain of a sub 1000 off my back…

So today was

Semi Sumo DL 2x3x335
Pause squats 2x2x235
Pendlay row 2x5x155

Peace

Happy Turkey Day.[/quote]

Thanks GV, hope you and yours enjoyed the festivities!

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
meet report : 24 lifters, 6 hours including weigh in…I went 7 for 9 and totaled 980… watched a 25 yr old in the 242 class pull 625 double overhand.I think his ass and quads weigh more than I do. so I pretty much decided right there that I would take up knitting. there were many impressive lifters; so that I appreciated.

There were 2 other cool moments: a 72 year old pulling 425. And a female lifter weighing 148 doing DL for reps at BW… 46 reps in 60 seconds…I wanted to marry her, but I don’t think my wife is open to that type of thing…maybe I should ask to be sure!

Did I enjoy it ( boy I hope Snap doesn’t read this) ? It was ok …a lot of time for 24 lifters, got kinda boring…and the death metal or whatever the Frig it was at 100db was friggin annoying ( no offense to anyone who listens to that style its just not for me especially 5 hours of it)…will I do it again? yup…have to the get the stain of a sub 1000 off my back…

So today was

Semi Sumo DL 2x3x335
Pause squats 2x2x235
Pendlay row 2x5x155

Peace

[/quote]

Congratulations getting the first one out of the way OG. Give us a breakdown on your meet lifts.

6 hours is entirely too long for 24 lifters. That is about the right amount of time for 50 lifters on a single platform.

I’ve only been to one meet that played metal and it wasn’t non stop. Actually most of the meets I’ve lifted in haven’t had any music. With a little inquiring you should be able to find a meet that better suits you next time.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

So today was

Semi Sumo DL 2x3x335
Pause squats 2x2x235
Pendlay row 2x5x155

Peace

[/quote]
Yes! I’m reading! Congratulations on your first meet! And I’m glad you’ll do another.

I have to wonder why a girl was pulling for reps at a PLing meet?? That makes no sense to me. At all.

And I’ve not experienced the problem of nonstop loud obnoxious music. Although I like loud obnoxious music at meets. Definitely look into a different fed for your next meet.

And more details about your lifts! And where’s the video?!

Squats : Opened at 275, no problem, but I didn’t feel good about it my mid back was killing me. So instead of going to 300 I went 290 no problem again. Called for 305 for my 3rd and that was a breeze. my original intention was a 3rd attempt at 320…

Bench: Opened at 250, blasted that as I should, 2nd attempt was 270 easy peasey. I had planned either 275 or 280 as my 3rd depending on how I felt and since that went well I opted for 280 and it came off my chest fine but dead stop. I was honestly surprised I thought for sure that would go no problem.

Between that fail and my low squat number I was behind if I wanted 1000. and I chased it right into a wall ! Dumb ass!

Deads: Opened at 375 took a 2nd at 405 which came up fine. Asked for 425 for my 3rd which would have been 1000. It came off the floor and about 3 inches up said no mas…I rushed it and did not set up properly so I was out of the groove entirely with my hips…

Videos I have them but they are worthless, The place was so dark even though a friend of mine was within spitting distance when he took them all you see are pasty arms and legs in the shadows…In the Bench video you cant even see the weight its so dark…

KP- After the PL events they did DL for reps for cash and BP for reps for cash: that’s why she was doing it. ( and thanks for reading)

Congratulations, Paul!

Glad you got your 1st one done and still have a shiny goal to go after. You already have 1000# in you. It’ll be there for the next one!
And with 2 successful DL’s under your belt, there was nothing foolish about going for it on the 3rd. After all, 1000# is the goal!

Great job!