Chicken Legs FTW

Skip, definitely try the deep tissue…its not enjoyable at all, and the day after isn’t much better, but 48 hours , later you feel good…or maybe you just think you feel good because it stopped hurting!! either way , its helped me…

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Skip, definitely try the deep tissue…its not enjoyable at all, and the day after isn’t much better, but 48 hours , later you feel good…or maybe you just think you feel good because it stopped hurting!! either way , its helped me…[/quote]

lol
Perception is reality. Unless you’re on fire. Then is doesn’t much matter what you think.
I like that, thought, though. Like when you’ve been sick. Feeling normal feels so good, even if you had been griping about it before.

I need some deep tissue work, it hurts so good. I bet you’re feeling all brand new again.

GV, absolutely !

tmill foam, stretchy, dislocates

DL deload

snatch grip - 3x3x245
block pulls - 3x3x335 (did these in the power rack standing on 3 35lb plates to get it 1.5 inch or so below my knees.)
hip thrusters 12x135, 2x10x225

Peace

Peace to you OG. Best wishes on the 10-week grind to your meet. Glad to hear the insight on deep-tissue massage. I’ve been thinking of trying it for a while. You’ve confirmed my worst fear - that it’ll hurt like hell. haha! But it sounds like it may be worth it.

[quote]TheSwoleLife wrote:
Peace to you OG. Best wishes on the 10-week grind to your meet. Glad to hear the insight on deep-tissue massage. I’ve been thinking of trying it for a while. You’ve confirmed my worst fear - that it’ll hurt like hell. haha! But it sounds like it may be worth it. [/quote]

Thanks TSL ! the massage thing helps. Without it I was unable to externally rotate and abduct my shoulder enough to put a bar on my back. The only other piece of advice I would offer for consideration is do the massage the preceding an off day ( just so you can gauge how your body reacts to being politely pummeled) and drink tons of water between the massage and your next workout…Enjoy!

Peace

Tmill, foam, stretchy, dislocates

DL 3x275, 3x315, 4x5x335, 2x1x365
PauseBP 4x225, 3x235, 2x245, 2x1x250
Dips 17xBW, 8xbw+70, 6xbw+70

unexpectedly had the week off from lifting. My wife had emergency appendectomy surgery Monday night , we just got her home yesterday (helluva birthday present for her), so late nights, got home at 3AM Tuesday so a 4am lift seemed a bit unlikely ( hahaha) running back and forth to hospital, taking care of my dogs, jumping over to the office for an hour or two, back to hospital…etc etc…I lost 4 lbs, when you are 174…4 lbs is a lot…no appetite, tired, stressed, but back at it this morning! still about 8 weeks from the meet so no real damage. Our daughter came home from school last night o celebrate Mom being home on BDay…it was really nice.

drank a few beers ( that means a few tooooo many) last night…so all in all it was a good session.

Peace

Sorry to hear that, Paul. I hope that the recovery goes well and quickly!
Happy belated birthday to Mrs. Goat. Just don’t tell her that I called her Mrs. Goat.

A few days off isn’t going to hurt anything. It might even help.

Gosh, I hope all is going okay with your wife now!

Glad to hear you are back at it.

Hope your wife is feeling better OG.

Thanks Skip, Snap and Dave…the Evil Empress will return to Glory soon enough.

Pause squat 3x225,2x245,255
pause Incline BP 2x225

Tuesday will get me back on plan…

Peace

tmill foam, stretchy, dislocates

Squats 1x255, 2x5x225
Pause squats 2x5x195
pull-throughs 12x140, 12x150, 12160

Peace

Is the recovery going okay?

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Is the recovery going okay?[/quote]

Very kind of you to ask…yes, we have some challenges but we are working the plan and making progress each day…but damn is she one stubborn…ahhh, umm,ahhh

goat!! (hahaha)…

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

Is the recovery going okay?[/quote]

Very kind of you to ask…yes, we have some challenges but we are working the plan and making progress each day…but damn is she one stubborn…ahhh, umm,ahhh

goat!! (hahaha)…[/quote]

That is good to hear. And I suspect that the stubbornness runs in the family.

Properly focused, stubbornness can be a good thing.

tmill , foam, stretchy, dislocates

Pause BP 5x225, 2x245, 10x195
tates 12x30s, 2x10x35s
deadhang chins 7,5,5,5,
facepulls 4x12x70
pushdowns 2x10x105

had deep tissue yesterday so a little beat up from that and my wife ( without me knowing) tried to go without meds last night… so lets just say sleep for me was pretty much nonexistent ! I think she learned a lesson…

Peace

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
tmill , foam, stretchy, dislocates

Pause BP 5x225, 2x245, 10x195
tates 12x30s, 2x10x35s
deadhang chins 7,5,5,5,
facepulls 4x12x70
pushdowns 2x10x105

had deep tissue yesterday so a little beat up from that and my wife ( without me knowing) tried to go without meds last night… so lets just say sleep for me was pretty much nonexistent ! I think she learned a lesson…

Peace

[/quote]

You’re really starting to worry me with the constant complaints of pain following DTM.

I think that is a wife thing. My wife is the adult in the family. I am just the biggest kid. Except when it comes to her medical care. Then I have to ride her like she is five. Even though she knows better.

Skip- so true on the wife thing!

tmill, foam, stretchy, dislocates

DL 4x3x355
snatch grip DL 2x5x225
hack squat 8x1pps, 2x8x2pps

Had to DL today instead of tomorrow because in the morning I am heading out to western Mass to my daughters fall scrimmages…and then bringing her home to surprise Mom…that should help the healing process.

Peace

Everything going okay?
The goat pen has been conspicuously quiet.

Everything going okay?
The goat pen has been conspicuously quiet.[/quote]

Hey Skip, Thanks…finally I think we are out of the woods. My wife had a post op complication that required a 2nd procedure so we put her in Sat and got her back Tuesday…so lots of late nights, not much eating…lost the 3lbs I had gained back from her first stay.but back at it this AM.