Chicken Legs FTW

Deload? How much grief have I been given over the years for not using light weight during my “deloads”?

Looking forward to the seeing how the meet prep cycle goes.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Deload? How much grief have I been given over the years for not using light weight during my “deloads”?

Looking forward to the seeing how the meet prep cycle goes. [/quote]

Hahaha, I would like the opportunity to defend my questionable and idiotic approach: I did eliminate the accessory stuff…ok, guilty as charged!

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

Looking forward to the seeing how the meet prep cycle goes. [/quote]

Hahaha, I would like the opportunity to defend my questionable and idiotic approach: I did eliminate the accessory stuff…ok, guilty as charged![/quote]

Questionable and idiotic? I wasn’t saying that at all. Just pointing out a bit of hypocrisy. lol

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
next week starts 10 week cycle to the meet.
[/quote]
Exciting!

KP- Indeed…

Tmill foam, stretchy, dislocates

Pause BP 3x225, 2x235, 245, 4x1x250, 3x3x225
seated cable row- 12x120, 10x140, 10x160
dips 15xbw, 8xbw+70, 6xbw+70

short and to the point…

Peace

Only 10 weeks, that’s great! Keep on with and surprise yourself with how well you’re doing. Pulling for you to exceed your expectations.

[quote]gorillavanilla wrote:
Only 10 weeks, that’s great! Keep on with and surprise yourself with how well you’re doing. Pulling for you to exceed your expectations.[/quote]

Many many thanks, GV

Refresh day,

tmill 12min, stat bike 10 min ( wanted to get some blood flow to my knees which have been a tad cranky) , foam, stretchy, dislocates, more stretchy…

move along , nothing to see here.

Peace

Tmill, foam, stretchy, dislocates

dl 3x225, 2x275, 2x315, 1x345, 1x375(belt) , 1x405
deficit SLDL 3x6x245 double overhand no belt

I decided to see what would happen if I benched after having done so Thursday and following the DL work : just another data point

Pause BP 3x225, 2x235, 1x245, 250, 255, 260… 2x5x225 The 260 was.fast and easy there is 10 more there, but mission accomplished . most I have done since surgery…finally, after 1 year my BP is starting to come back!

Fat Gripz Farmers walks 2 x 100paces x 50s

Really good day for me…Peace

Looking good, Paul. And brave…pairing any major exercise with Deads is fatiguing as heck. Masochism at its best!

That 1000# is definitely in danger!

Looking good, Paul. And brave…pairing any major exercise with Deads is fatiguing as heck. Masochism at its best!

[/quote]

Thanks Big Man… it was an interesting experiment. and surprising how well it went considering I had benched 2 days prior. hitting 1k will depend on my squat.

[quote]OldGoat wrote:

[/quote]

Thanks Big Man… it was an interesting experiment. and surprising how well it went considering I had benched 2 days prior. hitting 1k will depend on my squat.[/quote]

The adrenaline and resolve will be good for several pounds. Just keep doing what you’re doing. The rest will take care of itself.

Thanks, Skip

tmill, foam, stretchy, dislocates

squat 3x225, 2x245, 1x265, 2x5x210,
pause squat 2x5x185
walkouts 2x375
leg press 10x3pps, 2x8x4pps

good day to start off meet prep with.

Peace

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Thanks, Skip

pause squat 2x5x185
walkouts 2x375

Peace

[/quote]

How did the 265# feel?

I don’t recall, have you actually pushed it towards a 1RM, to see about where you are?

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Thanks, Skip

pause squat 2x5x185
walkouts 2x375

Peace

[/quote]

How did the 265# feel?

I don’t recall, have you actually pushed it towards a 1RM, to see about where you are?[/quote]

265 was solid…plenty deep, had a guy watch my depth… Haven’t tried to test max, Skip, but just from what I’m moving and how its moving I have a decent idea.

Solid meet prep start OG. Keep up the hard work.

Thanks Dave,

Screw around day

Pause BP 1x265, 1x275 real bench cycle starts tomorrow just wanted a data point to where I am at to make sure my cycle is right ( I hope)

Snatch grip deads ( wanted to see how tired my low back is)

5x225,4x245 …good enough

Peace

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Thanks Dave,

Screw around day

Pause BP 1x265, 1x275 real bench cycle starts tomorrow just wanted a data point to where I am at to make sure my cycle is right ( I hope)

Snatch grip deads ( wanted to see how tired my low back is)

5x225,4x245 …good enough

Peace

[/quote]

Nice bench. Looking strong and steady. And having a bit of fun testing yourself too.

Thanks Skip, sometimes I need to have a little fun even though I should be able to focus at my …wait, what was I sayin?

start of BP cycle

Pause BP 1x225, 13x175
dips 15xBW, 7xBW+70, 6xBW+70, 5xBW+70
wide neutral deadhang chins 5,6,7,5

Had deep tissue massage yesterday, I was so tight she took pity on me and gave me an extra 20 minutes of beat down! I’m completely tenderized from head to toe…tomorrow I will feel awesome…

Peace

[quote]OldGoat wrote:
Thanks Skip, sometimes I need to have a little fun even though I should be able to focus at my …wait, what was I sayin?

start of BP cycle

Pause BP 1x225, 13x175
dips 15xBW, 7xBW+70, 6xBW+70, 5xBW+70
wide neutral deadhang chins 5,6,7,5

Had deep tissue massage yesterday, I was so tight she took pity on me and gave me an extra 20 minutes of beat down! I’m completely tenderized from head to toe…tomorrow I will feel awesome…

Peace[/quote]

Speaking of deep tissue work…my wife has been looking for a chiro. I asked around at work and the same name kept coming up, for chiro and deep tissue message. So, now I know where I can go! And I can let her decide if I need realignment, deep tissue, both or just a new body.