Chicken Breasts Without the Salt

is there any why to get chicken breasts w/o all that sodium in it? i pick up packages at grocery store and it’s just loaded with it.

Do you have a medical condition that needs you to avoid sodium?

If not, I wouldn’t worry about it. Sodium is your friend.

chicken is gross enough as it is, why wouldn’t you want the salt?

What kind of chicken breast are you talking about? If you buy raw chicken breast and cook it yourself you will need to add salt for flavor. It sounds like you are referring to precooked or preseasoned stuff which is loaded with sodium. We do need sodium in our diets but most packaged foods and precooked meats have way too much. I remember eating one of those Lunchables things years ago. Yes I know they’re pure garbage but I was young and thin and also coming off of a late shift and I was hungry.

After I had the Lunchables I had some potato chips and wondered why they tasted like they didn’t have any salt. I read the package of Lunchables and it had something like 1000+ grams of sodium. That was the beginning of me starting to read food labels.
Sorry for rambling. I do that sometimes

i’m talking about the packaged skinless,boneless chicken breasts. they are around 5 oz each and loaded w/ 1000 grams of sodium. i don’t have a med contition, i’m just not wanting all that.

Not only are they loaded with sodium, if you read the entire ingredients list you’ll see that soy protein is added (at least to the ones that I’ve seen here in Canada). Basically, they use smaller breasts and pump them full of salt and water and soy to bump up the size and protein content. With the article the other day about soy it may not be a big deal but if I buy chicken, that’s the only ingredient I want in it. Plus they taste like shit (to me).

Ask yourself this: what honest or healthy reason would the company have for adding all that sodium in there. Zero. There are plenty of brands that give you fresh chicken with nothing added. Stick to those brands.

buy/raise/feed/kill chickens yourself.

[quote]toejam wrote:
i’m talking about the packaged skinless,boneless chicken breasts. they are around 5 oz each and loaded w/ 1000 grams of sodium. i don’t have a med contition, i’m just not wanting all that.[/quote]

Dude… buy fresh, uncooked, regular, boneless skinless chicken breast.
Not seasoned; not pre-cooked.

Plain and raw.

There isn’t a grocery store I know of that doesn’t carry it.

[quote]coloradosteve2 wrote:
chicken is gross enough as it is, why wouldn’t you want the salt?[/quote]

How dare you insult chicken like that.

Apologise.

I love humor from Britain. Thanks rsg.

[quote]rsg wrote:
coloradosteve2 wrote:
chicken is gross enough as it is, why wouldn’t you want the salt?

How dare you insult chicken like that.

Apologise.[/quote]

Sorry, you’re asking the wrong guy to apologize. God made chicken taste like shit, not me:)