Chicken Breast Recipes

[quote]theBird wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions little buddies. But I was actually more interested in slow cooker chicken breast recipes that dont include tomato as the base sauce.

tweet[/quote]

What! Slow cooked chicken breast?! It takes 15 seconds to dry it out by conventional cooking methods.

Actually, the only way I like chicken breast is when I turn it into chicken jerky - then it seems like a totally normal texture.

From Ori Hofmekler’s warrior diet book. It has tomatoes, but it’s not a tomato sauce. And you can do it in a slow cooker, not just the way he describes it.

Curry Chicken in Spicy Tomato Broth

Ingredients:

1 1/ 2 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into medium sized chunks
1 can of stewed tomatoes, chopped (or crushed tomatoes)
1 can of fat-free chicken broth
3 cloves of garlic
1/ 2 small onion
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
1 tablespoon of dried parsley
3/ 4 teaspoon of dried basil
3/ 4 teaspoon of dried ore g a n o
3/ 4 teaspoon of dried cumin
1/ 4 teaspoon of ground coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Garnish with 1/ 2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro
Preparation:

Clean and wash chicken with filtered water. In a large Pyrex bowl (with oven-safe cover), mix all ingredients, excluding the cilantro. Marinate chicken in the bowl (with cover on) overnight in the refrigerator. Marinating overnight is optional. Preheat oven to 375° F. Cook for one hour in a Pyrex bowl with an oven-safe cover. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro. This meal goes very well with steamed carrots, zucchini and broccoli. Starches that most complement this meal are mashed butternut squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet yellow corn and rice.

[quote]PaysageDHiver wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions little buddies. But I was actually more interested in slow cooker chicken breast recipes that dont include tomato as the base sauce.

tweet[/quote]

4-5 frozen breasts
Jar of salsa
Can of black beans
Can of corn (optional)

Cook until chicken is done, then add a block of cream cheese, let it soften, and mix everything together.

This does contain tomato from the salsa, but it’ll taste different than what you’ve been eating. I gave this recipe to a lifting buddy and it’s all he’s eaten for like a month.[/quote]

I really want to try this!!! Is there another way to do it besides using a crock pot? Sounds delicious.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

4-5 frozen breasts
Jar of salsa
Can of black beans
Can of corn (optional)

Cook until chicken is done, then add a block of cream cheese, let it soften, and mix everything together.

This does contain tomato from the salsa, but it’ll taste different than what you’ve been eating. I gave this recipe to a lifting buddy and it’s all he’s eaten for like a month.[/quote]

I really want to try this!!! Is there another way to do it besides using a crock pot? Sounds delicious.[/quote]

I’d think you could bake the breasts in the oven, then mix everything in a pot on the stove. Though you should consider getting a crockpot - they’re really quite cheap and you can do so much with them. They’ve saved me.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

tweet[/quote]

4-5 frozen breasts
Jar of salsa
Can of black beans
Can of corn (optional)

I really want to try this!!! Is there another way to do it besides using a crock pot? Sounds delicious.[/quote]

I’d think you could bake the breasts in the oven, then mix everything in a pot on the stove. Though you should consider getting a crockpot - they’re really quite cheap and you can do so much with them. They’ve saved me.[/quote]

Scratch that, I have a crockpot. Is that one serving or is it for 2 meals? I feel like I’d eat it in one sitting. How big of a block of cream cheese, also? I feel like this could get expensive. I might want to eat it everyday, haha.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
curry[/quote]
x2 so many varieties.

Smoke the chicken, you can use a cheap $40 smoker, some coals and some wood chips and just water in the water pan, or some apple/peach juice in the pan if you want to get fancy.

Garlic, salt, pepper, tarragon, vinegar and oil of choice (I like olive oil and red wine vinegar for this). I like using split breast with skin on and smoke mostly with the bone side down. I’ll usually marinade it in this mixture between 2 and 24 hours. Good for a non tomato piece of chicken, the flavor is really nice.

Takes about 2-2.5 hours to cook around 5 lbs of this.

4-5 frozen breasts
Jar of salsa
Can of black beans
Can of corn (optional)

Just tried this tonight, although I did it slightly different.

4 chicken breasts
Jar of pasta sauce
1 red capsicum
1 sweet potato cut into bite six pieces

All thrown in the slow cooker for 7 hours, and then a block of cream cheese for the last 20 minutes. Served on some steaming basmati rice.
Serves 3-4 decent meals.

Delicious. 8/10.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

Like you, I also eat a lot of chicken breasts. Usually I chuck in 4-6 chicken breasts into the slow cooker and add either some pasta sauce, or crushed tomatoes or some salsa.

However I am getting sick of my tomato based sauces. Im turning into “theTomato”. Is there anything else that i can cook my chicken breasts in??

tweet.[/quote]

Here’s a fav of mine I use it as a base and change it as I feel like it. Also, I do the low fat stuff obviously you can change that.

Usually 5 chicken breasts (cubed or whole how ever you like it)
1/2 small jar of salsa (this does not make it tomatey at all)
3 servings of 2% cheddar
3 servings of fow fat cream cheese
some bell peppers usually a whole red and green
some onions usually a whole med sized onion
cumin - celantro (can take out)
Jalapeno (can sub red pepper flakes) Or out if you don’t like heat
-sometimes I’ll add avacado or fat free refried beans
I cook for 3-4 hours on high.

It comes out like a chicken queso it’s freakin awesome.

Another I love is:

5 chicken breasts
1 packet of onion soup
1 can of cream of mushroom
some onions, some carrots, some peas (all optional) sometimes potatoes
Some water about 1-2 cups
Cook 4 hours on high = yum

There are so many good ones out there. Expirement.

Yoghurt based marinades?
Add stuff like lime/lemon juice, coriander and other fresh herbs, chilli, curry powders…