T Nation

Chicken Breast Recipes

Hi little buddies,

Like you, I also eat a lot of chicken breasts. Usually I chuck in 4-6 chicken breasts into the slow cooker and add either some pasta sauce, or crushed tomatoes or some salsa.

However I am getting sick of my tomato based sauces. Im turning into “theTomato”. Is there anything else that i can cook my chicken breasts in??

tweet.

try some Old Bay seasoning, nom nom

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

Like you, I also eat a lot of chicken breasts. Usually I chuck in 4-6 chicken breasts into the slow cooker and add either some pasta sauce, or crushed tomatoes or some salsa.

However I am getting sick of my tomato based sauces. Im turning into “theTomato”. Is there anything else that i can cook my chicken breasts in??

tweet.[/quote]

Get them into small pieces, throw them in a frying pan with a tiny bit of olive oil, wait about 3-4 minutes, turn them, wait another 3-4 minutes, and eat them. That’s what I do LOL.

McCormick’s Montreal chicken seasoning fried in olive oil. Effin delicious.

curry

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

tweet.[/quote]

Try making it more edible by wrapping it in bacon.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:
Hi little buddies,

tweet.[/quote]

Try making it more edible by wrapping it in bacon.[/quote]

Everything is better with bacon…

How to properly eat and prepare boneless-skinless chicken breast (and other tasteless, lean meat).

1. heat two handfuls of lard to 200 deg F

2. add chicken breast and braise until it looks cooked

3. throw away chicken breast or feed to dog

4. eat cooking lard until hunger goes away

Herbs.

Buy a bunch of different types, coat the breats in them. BBQ them. Enjoy.

Or, get some of the pre made garlic/chilli/pesto pastes and do the same thing. Delicious.

I fucking hate chicken. The only kind I can eat is this pre-cut chicken fajitas mix (with bell peppers/onions/spices) at my local grocery store, or chicken in a chipotle bowl, lol.

Thanks for your suggestions little buddies. But I was actually more interested in slow cooker chicken breast recipes that dont include tomato as the base sauce.

tweet

Oregano, pepper, and garlic salt, then grilled until nice and crispy is a favorite way of mine to cook chicken ;P.

Thro in seasoned salt and mix ith seet potatoes ith rosemary and olive oil.

If fat fits into your macros throw your chicken into s can or two of coconut milk with garlic, ginger, onions and peppers, with red thai curry paste. Or even the yellow dried curry.
If fat is a problem, use 3 parts chicken stock, 1 part red wine, any old herb, garlic, ect.
Or 1 part bbq sauce 1 part chicken stock, herbs, ect.
Or chickstock, dried fruits (apricots, dates, figs, currants) and garnish with chopped nuts, like walnuts, ect
Again, macro dependent with the sugars in the fruit. Add a little cinn, cardamom, pepper, ect, it’s kinda exotic on some brown rice.

[quote]theBird wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions little buddies. But I was actually more interested in slow cooker chicken breast recipes that dont include tomato as the base sauce.

tweet[/quote]

4-5 frozen breasts
Jar of salsa
Can of black beans
Can of corn (optional)

Cook until chicken is done, then add a block of cream cheese, let it soften, and mix everything together.

This does contain tomato from the salsa, but it’ll taste different than what you’ve been eating. I gave this recipe to a lifting buddy and it’s all he’s eaten for like a month.

Make your own buffalo sauce.

ID’s Kick-Ass Chicken Salad

Cook 2 boneless chicken breasts as you choose.
Allow to cool.
Chop into 1/4" pieces (cubes) and put into a large mixing bowl (preferably with a sealable lid).

Chop a stick of celery into tiny pieces and add to bowl
Chop a small red onion into tiny pieces and add to bowl
Crush a half cup of walnuts OR pecans and add to bowl
Throw in a half cup of shelled sunflower seeds
Add a small bag of dried cranberries
Add enough quality mayonnaise to mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.

Now put the mixture onto a tortilla, roll up and eat.
Or if you’re low-carb, place on large lettuce leaves, roll up and eat.

Sounds delicious friends.

Im going to give the cream cheese a go tomorrow.

tweet

Im not sure how slow cooking really goes, but what about coconut milk?

Google “Hunter’s Chicken,” it does include tomatoes but they’re not the main flavouring because it also contains red wine; it’s very tasty and if done right, the chicken just falls off the bone.

Honey & Mustard, I usually halve the mixture, using the first half as a marinade, then pouring the other half over the top when the chicken is cooked, usually on top of mashed potatoes so the sauce sinks into that as well.

Water & chicken stock cube or gravy powder- put the chicken in it with a load of vegetables and leave for several hours.